It is currently Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:42 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 3:57 am 
New Poster
New Poster

I had my gall bladder taken out 3 days ago. Prior to my surgery my sub doc put me on percocet 10mg every 4 hours I was taking 2 1/2 strips of suboxone a day for a little over a year and took that up until the 2 days prior to the surgery the first 2 days with taking the percocet every 4 hours was fine I didn't feel the greatest but it was definitly tolerable. The after my surgery I was in alot of pain right after they gave me 4 shots of fentynal and it barely worked but by the next day was feeling better until the afternoon I after taking my percocet 2-3 hours later was feeling withdraw and then by the next day which was today I was going through withdraw after 1-2 hours after taking the percocet. I'm pretty sure I'm going through withdraw from the suboxone, But my question is I am ready to start my suboxone I'm not in to much pain anymore and still have plenty of pills left but I dont want to keep taking them just to try and help my withdraw a little bit, I feel awful and am ready to be back on the sub since I have only been taking the pain meds for 5 days how long should I wait after the percocet to start the sub has anyone done this before, Should I wait the 12-24 hours or would a little sooner be ok since after like 6 hours of not taking anything I'm in pretty bad withdraw but I'm trying to hold off for at least 12 hours, do you think that will be enough?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:03 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Percs have a pretty short half life, and with the dose of sub you were taking, Id be willing to bet you'd probly be just FINE
after 12 hours.
You can always 'try' just a half strip or something, and 'see' what happens. If its gonna send you into precipitated w/d Id think a half strip would be enough to prove what'll happen.(whether w/d hapens, or you feel better)

Thats probly what I would do anyways.

glad your feeling better,
and Best of Luck!!

That's TRUE STRENGTH
http://almostoneyearclean.blogspot.com/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 7:16 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Thanks for your reply. I ended up only making it 6 hours thats the longest I could go those 2 days with out taking the percocet and after 6 hours I was literally in the worst withdraw I've ever been through so I ended up taking 2 mg of my sub and felt alot better and then I waited another 2 hours and took 4 more mg and was completely better the rest of the day. I was definitly just needing the suboxone I could take 3 or 4 perc's just trying to feel better and my withdraw would only get a little better for about an hour and never completely go away.