It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:53 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 4:59 pm 
Well, tomorrow i will be dropping from 14mg's to 12mg's. I cant really think of any questions but im just making this thread so i can document each day. Also, i may have questions along the way. Thanks!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 6:25 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

When did you do the last jump, if you don't mind my asking? It seems like it was just a week or more ago. If it were me, I'd give it a couple more weeks before I dropped down again. You might save yourself some discomfort if you go slower. Just a thought. Either way, good luck. :)

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 7:01 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I will be with you every step. Good luck! You can do it.

I will check on your threads praying for you along the way. I need this for future reference(maybe) so it's appreciated.

Love, Queenie

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 7:14 pm 
Tomorrow makes 2 weeks that i've been stable at 14mg's. Im not in a hurry or anything but i just know that i'll be ok. I could see if i was already much lower than 14 but i think it will probably be about like the first drop i made from 16 to 14. Just a guess. If i feel too uncomfortable i can always go back to 14. Thanks for looking out for me though. An thanks queenie for following me throughout the process.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 7:28 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Lifesavor, I would just about bet my last nickel that you'll continue to do just fine. I say that both due to all I have read from others, and also from my personal experience. At both 12mg and 14mg you are still well above the ceiling level. The drop you are doing is around 15% and typically at high doses people can drop 25% without much, if any, trouble. Speaking from personal experience, I went from 16mg directly to 12mg and then several months later went from 12mg directly to 8mg. For me, the second drop to 8mg was actually easier than my first. I didn't notice anything. When I went from 16 to 12 I noticed a little issue with sleep (I woke up in the middle of the night) when I got to the 3rd day. Just everything I have come to learn about Suboxone tells me you'll do just fine.

Speaking just from personal experience and a slightly educated guess, I'd have to say that at these higher doses, any dose reduction is much more related to psychological issues rather than physical. In my personal case, I don't think my body sensed any difference. I think it was mostly or completly all in my head. I actually worried more and thought more about that first dose reduction than I ever did about the second one. That really makes me wonder if I sort of did it to myself the first time. I expected something to happen on the third day - and it did. Or did I make it happen? In looking back, I don't at all feel any different where I am currently at with 8mg than I did at either 12 or 16. I feel exactly the same. I'm just somewhere around $200 "richer" each month now than I was at 16mg. That's the biggest difference that I have "felt".

You'll do just fine. I don't know how low you intend to go but unless you plan to drop below 4mg, you are not likely to suffer much if at all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 8:12 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I think you'll do fine too. I would be a bit cautious about the timing of your drops though. But, I think you already understand that and you're just not too worried about it...and that's fine. But as you get lower you may need to space those drops out a little bit.

Congratulations on going for another drop. I hope you get to where you want to with with little to no discomfort.

Last edited by Romeo on Sun Dec 26, 2010 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 8:28 pm 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

I bet you will feel no difference at all, Good Luck , Mike

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 10:41 pm 
Wow thanks everyone!!

donh:

I know exactly what you mean. I went into the first 2mg drop worried about the way i would feel. I experienced a little bit of this and that but nothing drastic. It was smooth enough that im really confident about this drop and not even worried in the least. My goal is somewhere around 8 to 10. Prefferably 8 but i'll just have to see when i get to that point i guess. The only thing i noticed the most with the first 2mg drop was, i felt the exact same relief at 16 as i did when i dropped to 14 but i had a few stomach issues in the morning right before i would dose. Kinda sick to my stomach but it went away within a couple of days. Other than that, i noticed no difference really and thats why im going ahead for another 2mg drop. I know i can do it with and more so than anything, my mind is made up so thats whats making even easier. Thanks for the support!!

Romeo:

As i mentioned above, the first drop was so smooth pretty much with very minimal effects that im not in the least bit worried. I've got my mind made up so its a done deal. Thanks for the support!!

Sullimi:

Yea i believe i'll be just fine and probably want be able to tell much of a difference. Thanks for your support!!

Also, i wanna thank everyone else as well for the great support that i recieve from everybody!! Thanks!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 9:25 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I'm willing to bet whatever stomach issues you experienced were pure coincidence. From what you describe, the symptoms were not at all common for opiate withdrawal and due to the long half life of Suboxone, most people don't feel any symptoms until days two and/or three. You likely just had something going on with your stomach at the same time you reduced - completely unrelated to your Suboxone dose. I'll bet you don't have anything like that happen this time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 9:39 pm 
Yea i agree donh. Only thing i had today was a headache from hell but i dont believe that was from the drop. Things just have the strangest timing. I had a busy day today. Went to the doctor and had almost a full days worth of errands to do in town with crazy traffic that just push my nerves to the limit. I really felt no difference today at all. Thanks though!! I definitely agree!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 10:09 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Lifesaver,

Watch out for that traffic and road rage, remember what happened to me. :evil:

If you do go ballastic, at least have someone film it so you can send me a copy!! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 9:48 am 
Romeo:

I have a very mild case of road rage on a regular basis. With or without tapering lol. Some people do not deserve to have a drivers license!! I get road rage just thinking about it lol. I definitely use the horn a lot lol. I hate gettin behind people especially people who cant freakin drive. Or, it always seems that when your in a hurry or tryin to get somewhere you get behind somebody who is just coasting along like their the only person on the damn road lol.

As for the drop, nothin has really changed except my stomach has started bothering me again. Its just nausea. It didnt bother me yesterday, but it did today. I remember with the first drop, it took about a week for that to get better. Anyways, im good so far and will keep the post going!! Thanks everyone for the support!! Have a great day!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 11:08 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

One of these days I'm going to buy a beat up old pick up truck, strap a big old log to the bumper and wait for the first knucklehead driver to piss me off. Then I'm going to start playing bumper cars with him! HAHAHA

Why can't everyone on the road be awesome drivers like you and me? Bam, no more road rage! Problem solved. We should start teaching some kind of driving school to educate all these crappy drivers!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 12:17 pm 
Hahahaha. I just get mad because i drive very aggresive. Like really cautious but paying attention to everything and carefree all at the same time. Its not hard to do. Just drive, pay attention and be aggresive meaning, dont be in LaLa land acting like your the only person on the dang road. Yea i know i could teach a driving school. I am a great driver. Im good at running from people *cough*cops also lol. I've had a few times where i had to hit a little juke jive back road side street to dip away from the cops after i left the drug house lol. I was haulin ass tryin to get out of the neighborhood i was in and boom, passed right by a cop goin way too fast in the hood, he turned around hit his lights on me and i just kept goin, made a couple left right left right turns and never saw him again lol. Its truly not funny but its the past and their isnt anything i can do about it. Anyways, i dont drive erratically anymore. Im a great driver. I just drive a little aggresive.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 8:08 pm 
Well its the end of day 2 with really no difference. Hopefully tomorrow is the same thing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:02 am 
Well, i've braved another drop. Yea i know i should slow down but i went ahead an dropped to the point i wanna stay at, which is 10mg's. Well, my stomach feels like crap!! Nauseas and hungy but with no appetite. Other than that i feel great. I actually started this yesterday so today makes day 2 of taking 10mg's. I have my mind made up and im sticking to it. The thing is, not one time have i had a craving with any of the drops i've made. I only experience uncomfortable feelings. Like my stomach. Thats the thing that bothers me the most. It seems to get better throughout the day though. Its the morning time before i take my dose when my stomach feels the worst. So this makes 6mg's i've dropped in about a month, maybe month and a half. I would have to go look at the other thread to see exactly how long. Im fairly happy to see that its not really that bad, yet. I know it does get a good bit more uncomfortable at the lower doses but i will cross that bridge when i get their. Right now im stayin at 10mg's for however long necessary. Im not doing all this tapering to stop the med. Im just tapering to the lowest effective dose. I believe 10mg's is gonna be my final destination. If i go any lower, i wouldnt go past 8mg's. Anyways, another journey i guess and i will keep this updated. I may start a new thread seeing how this is the old one.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:28 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I'm happy to hear that, for the most part, you're doing well with your taper. 10 mg is a good dose and should be sufficient to address all your cravings. I hope it continues to go well for you. Keep us posted! :)

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:06 am 
Thanks Hat!! I will definitely keep posting how i feel each day. Hopefully this drop will go just like the other drops. Its crazy because like i said above, i havent had not one single craving the whole time i've been tapering. Only my body has had to adjust to the drop, but thats all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 5:06 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I'm glad you made it to 10mg with no cravings. You already knew about the physical discomfort and were able to make it through. Good job.

It feels good to take an opiate and actually be able to taper, doesn't it! Most all the other opiates make us go the other way.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 5:24 pm 
Yep your right about that!! Tapering wasnt even a thought with full agonist. It just wasnt possible, for me. The physical discomfort is absolutely all i have felt which tells me that im doing the right thing by tapering some. Meaning, im taking 10mg's with zero cravings and feel great actually, other than the physical stuff which goes away within about a week. So, im actually feeling better today than i have in a while!! I know i've made the right decision!! Thanks for the support!!