It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:37 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:46 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hello everybody, I stared my WD put could type mile a minute thanks to Kratom. I will get back on here in the morning to explain every. I read about some Naysayers with Kratom

True, you won't get the full effect but to not have those feeling and want to go workout is amazing. I am afraid some of you bought from head shops or something where the stuff sucks.

I will get back on tomorrow to finish my story but trust me, it works, just took Pimgs Grade Maengda afther taking 4 xanax earlier and I feel like a million bucks. You just have to know what you are doing and probably need to raise the amount suggested since you are in WD.

THe stuff really works and I will prove it as best I can tomorrow. For now, if anyone has any questions, feel free to PM me. This stuff isn't hype, I know thousands that want to keep this stuff low key so it does not get banned because of the results!!...

Talk to everyone soon!!!

Rob Anderson on FB from Woodstock, GA if you have a question there. Thanks all!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 4:38 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

You don't have to prove anything about kratom. The withdrawals from Kratom are worse, and yes, it's just as addictive. Kratom acts the same as a full opiate agonist, so that's why it does something for withdrawals in the first place. All you got to do is look around you'll see that people here have already explained how badly addictive this stuff is, and how easy it is to have withdrawals from it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:31 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Better yet, you come on a recovery forum, WHILE HIGH..to brag about how high you are on Kratom and tell us how you'll get high tomorrow and explain the high to us?

Thanks, but I think I'd rather pass on reading your opiate-induced posts. Yay..you found a drug that mimics opiates(lortabs/vicodin/etc)...and you feel like bragging/talking about how wonderful you feel while taking it.

Try taking it a couple of days then quitting. People don't complain about the high they get from Kratom..THEY COMPLAIN ABOUT THE WITHDRAWALS DUDE.

I remember when I first tried Oxycontins..and had been taking 15-20 lortab 10s a day..I didnt have to get online and brag after I took that first Oxy 80mg about how great it was and how much 1 pill did for me.

But I sure don't have to tell anyone about how I felt after taking Oxycontin 80mg for a week, then running out. I'm sure MANY people here probably can imagine how I felt after I ran out.

But when I first tried oxy..I felt like you..and I wanted to take dirt from the yard and clean it with a toothbrush until it wasn't dirt anymore. I found out, just like you will, that Oxycontin was the most horrible withdrawals that I could've ever felt in my life...and such has been said about Kratom and the withdrawals of it.

YOU HAVE NOT DONE ANYTHING EXCEPT GET HIGH WITH ANOTHER DRUG. Geez...you haven't QUIT anything..you swapped Suboxone for Kratom..and now that you're high and buzzed with Kratom, you come here to tell us that you stopped the Suboxone withdrawals with Kratom.

YOU HAVENT QUIT ...brag about it when you make it through withdrawals from Kratom and you can tell everyone how gut-wrenching it was to come down from the Kratom.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:33 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

jonathanm1978 wrote:
You don't have to prove anything about kratom. The withdrawals from Kratom are worse, and yes, it's just as addictive. Kratom acts the same as a full opiate agonist, so that's why it does something for withdrawals in the first place. All you got to do is look around you'll see that people here have already explained how badly addictive this stuff is, and how easy it is to have withdrawals from it.

That's your opinion which you are entitled to but if you knew who I was and what I do, I have a pretty good arsenal of PK,Sub, and Kratom users as my disposal and if used correctly it doesn't have to be addicting and oh by the way, check out the price difference for going to suboxone to buying Kratom. I can afford Suboxone but some can't. It cost me $10k last time.

So, just took my favorite Kratom to help me get going with that wonderful morning brew

THE SKINNY: I was on Methadone 12-18 a day for 2 years, I battled Suboxone and tappered very slowly for 2 years and was clean. Then my wife had surgery and my DUMBAS$ took one of her vicodin thinking no biggie, I can control it. Here I am addicted to Methadone a year later and have started the WD effect to start suboxone again.

Except this time, I am using my old pal Mr Kratom. I did a lot of research on Kratom and thought this is the biggest bunch of bullsht I have ever seen but had to wonder to myself, why would they ban a plant that doesn't work in the country of Thailand and several other countries

Well, because it does work, people either get shtty kratom or try and take it while opiates are still in the system and write it off thinking it's worthless.

I can't stand that feeling where I just want to rip out of my skin with withdrawing, and sleep is another thing that sucks, Boy, it would be nice to sleep for 3 days, lol, and go get my suboxone. Kratom takes that WD feeling away almost completely for me. The only thing I still fill is a bit tired.

Kratom also has a lot of different strains, just like roses come in different colors, and it can be VERY CONFUSING to figure out what the hell to get and where to get it from

Guys and Gals, I am telling you it is worth a shot. I love this stuff and for now it's legal to buy! I will answer any questions I can about Kratom either on this post or through PM.

I want to help as many people as possible try and at least have a much less severe withdrawal. Thanks everybody for your time, gotta go jogging, I couldn't do that last time I withdrew without Kratom.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:54 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Jungle Incense wrote:
That's your opinion which you are entitled to but if you knew who I was and what I do, I have a pretty good arsenal of PK,Sub, and Kratom users as my disposal and if used correctly it doesn't have to be addicting and oh by the way, check out the price difference for going to suboxone to buying Kratom. I can afford Suboxone but some can't. It cost me $10k last time.

No..it's NOT my opinion..It's a damn FACT. Apparently you can't read, or just don't want to ...but they are PLENTY of stories about people who have had HORRIBLE withdrawals from Kratom. And the reason you don't want to listen is because you're high on the crap.

BIG difference in Suboxone..I'm not high as shit and not listening to reason...I'm a VERY reasonable person...but I'm not a HIGH AS HELL person on some drug..a drug that HAS NOT been concluded to have ANY positive effects.

FUCKING OF COURSE YOU THINK IT'S GREAT...YOU'RE HIGH ON IT. MY GOD.

Jungle Incense wrote:
So, just took my favorite Kratom to help me get going with that wonderful morning brew

Now that's classic. I used to say the same thing about my Oxycontins. Oddly, I never have bragged to ANYONE about getting my day started with my "getting goin" with suboxone in the morning..because I don't have to take it when I crawl outta bed..I can actually take it when I please, and I feel the same.

Jungle Incense wrote:
THE SKINNY: I was on Methadone 12-18 a day for 2 years, I battled Suboxone and tappered very slowly for 2 years and was clean. Then my wife had surgery and my DUMBAS$ took one of her vicodin thinking no biggie, I can control it. Here I am addicted to Methadone a year later and have started the WD effect to start suboxone again.

The SKINNY: You swapped Methadone for Suboxone, got clean..ate some more painkillers instead of just staying on Suboxone (which BLOCKS THE EUPHORIA), and took methadone..now you're swapping Methadone for Kratom.

Jungle Incense wrote:
Except this time, I am using my old pal Mr Kratom. I did a lot of research on Kratom and thought this is the biggest bunch of bullsht I have ever seen but had to wonder to myself, why would they ban a plant that doesn't work in the country of Thailand and several other countries

I think it's the biggest bunch of bullshit I have ever seen to boost a drug that nobody even knows the interactions of other drugs..mustless tell people it's so great. What you're going to do is convince someone to kill themselves when they cross Kratom with some drug that makes their heart stop beating or causes a stroke/respiratory arrest...just because YOU handle it fine doesn't mean EVERYONE will. Suboxone has been studied in the medical community, so has methadone. Where's the studies on Kratom? Got a LINK to that?

Jungle Incense wrote:
Well, because it does work, people either get shtty kratom or try and take it while opiates are still in the system and write it off thinking it's worthless.

Yeah..I always hear about people getting shitty Suboxone too...

Jungle Incense wrote:
I can't stand that feeling where I just want to rip out of my skin with withdrawing, and sleep is another thing that sucks, Boy, it would be nice to sleep for 3 days, lol, and go get my suboxone. Kratom takes that WD feeling away almost completely for me. The only thing I still fill is a bit tired.

Kratom also has a lot of different strains, just like roses come in different colors, and it can be VERY CONFUSING to figure out what the hell to get and where to get it from

Roses don't make you writhe in agony when they prick you. The only confusing part is the addict choosing this over something that's just as bad, like heroin or other street drugs.

Jungle Incense wrote:
Guys and Gals, I am telling you it is worth a shot. I love this stuff and for now it's legal to buy! I will answer any questions I can about Kratom either on this post or through PM.

I want to help as many people as possible try and at least have a much less severe withdrawal. Thanks everybody for your time, gotta go jogging, I couldn't do that last time I withdrew without Kratom.

You love it because you're high and buzzed with it...and you think you're doing such a great service to people looking for an answer. You're looking at something to treat the physical aspect. What about the mental aspects of addiction? What does Kratom do for that? What about the mentality you have right now? YOU think there's nothing better, but if the Kratom were suddenly yanked away, you'd be out trying to score or eating pills again in no time flat. Not going to your doctor and getting a script ..to take the SAME amount every day, not go up..not need more to get the same effect...

The only thing that I can tell about you is your spaced out and trying to get other people to become spaced out with you. Damn, I'm on Suboxone and I don't get this giddy over my medicine...I've told people how well it works, but I haven't offered up those "I swear on my life" testimonials..because not every person is the same, and not every person has the same level of addiction.

You're only looking at a physical part, instead of treating your entire addictive personality, you're treating the right-here-right-now personality..and that particular personality enjoys the high you feel from Kratom. How many of us do you see bragging about being high on suboxone, and showing this addict-personality through our posts?

You're just classic active addict, and it's obvious by the way you type ...and the way you try to get others to join you. Once I quit using pain killers, the want to be around a group of people when I did my suboxone never existed. I've NEVER wanted to be around a bunch of people with my meds..and never tried to treat people from my desk and computer, like you're trying to do. You're basically putting yourself in the position of a doctor, but you're self-medicating yourself, while trying to convince others to do it too..so the addict is trying to convince others to become an addict, which would make you feel better about your own choices....because it wouldn't be so bad if other people could feel the high you feel along with you?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:33 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

jonathanm1978 wrote:
Jungle Incense wrote:

No..it's NOT my opinion..It's a damn FACT. Apparently you can't read, or just don't want to ...but they are PLENTY of stories about people who have had HORRIBLE withdrawals from Kratom. And the reason you don't want to listen is because you're high on the crap.

BIG difference in Suboxone..I'm not high as shit and not listening to reason...I'm a VERY reasonable person...but I'm not a HIGH AS HELL person on some drug..a drug that HAS NOT been concluded to have ANY positive effects.

FUCKING OF COURSE YOU THINK IT'S GREAT...YOU'RE HIGH ON IT. MY GOD.

Jungle Incense wrote:

Now that's classic. I used to say the same thing about my Oxycontins. Oddly, I never have bragged to ANYONE about getting my day started with my "getting goin" with suboxone in the morning..because I don't have to take it when I crawl outta bed..I can actually take it when I please, and I feel the same.

Jungle Incense wrote:

The SKINNY: You swapped Methadone for Suboxone, got clean..ate some more painkillers instead of just staying on Suboxone (which BLOCKS THE EUPHORIA), and took methadone..now you're swapping Methadone for Kratom.

Jungle Incense wrote:

I think it's the biggest bunch of bullshit I have ever seen to boost a drug that nobody even knows the interactions of other drugs..mustless tell people it's so great. What you're going to do is convince someone to kill themselves when they cross Kratom with some drug that makes their heart stop beating or causes a stroke/respiratory arrest...just because YOU handle it fine doesn't mean EVERYONE will. Suboxone has been studied in the medical community, so has methadone. Where's the studies on Kratom? Got a LINK to that?

Jungle Incense wrote:

Yeah..I always hear about people getting shitty Suboxone too...

Jungle Incense wrote:

Roses don't make you writhe in agony when they prick you. The only confusing part is the addict choosing this over something that's just as bad, like heroin or other street drugs.

Jungle Incense wrote:

You love it because you're high and buzzed with it...and you think you're doing such a great service to people looking for an answer. You're looking at something to treat the physical aspect. What about the mental aspects of addiction? What does Kratom do for that? What about the mentality you have right now? YOU think there's nothing better, but if the Kratom were suddenly yanked away, you'd be out trying to score or eating pills again in no time flat. Not going to your doctor and getting a script ..to take the SAME amount every day, not go up..not need more to get the same effect...

The only thing that I can tell about you is your spaced out and trying to get other people to become spaced out with you. Damn, I'm on Suboxone and I don't get this giddy over my medicine...I've told people how well it works, but I haven't offered up those "I swear on my life" testimonials..because not every person is the same, and not every person has the same level of addiction.

You're only looking at a physical part, instead of treating your entire addictive personality, you're treating the right-here-right-now personality..and that particular personality enjoys the high you feel from Kratom. How many of us do you see bragging about being high on suboxone, and showing this addict-personality through our posts?

You're just classic active addict, and it's obvious by the way you type ...and the way you try to get others to join you. Once I quit using pain killers, the want to be around a group of people when I did my suboxone never existed. I've NEVER wanted to be around a bunch of people with my meds..and never tried to treat people from my desk and computer, like you're trying to do. You're basically putting yourself in the position of a doctor, but you're self-medicating yourself, while trying to convince others to do it too..so the addict is trying to convince others to become an addict, which would make you feel better about your own choices....because it wouldn't be so bad if other people could feel the high you feel along with you?

Hold on a minute, this is ridiculous. Yes what I did several years ago was a mistake, I was a little younger and thought it was no big deal because I didn't even know it had WDs like it does. This last time around, I only ever went as high as 60mg of mathadone as opposed to 120-180mg. I just wanted to see if there was a way not to sit here feeling like sht for 3 days before going to do my sub induction.

And to the other jump to conclusion guy, all I ever mess with is plain leaf Kratom. It just isn't strong enough to get somebody high, just get me feeling good enough to where I don't try to rip out of my own skin while WD And if you think for one minute suboxone is just the angel pill, it's got it's drawbacks as well, there is just no way around going through hell when taking painkillers. Suboxone offers an alternative and includes the Naloxone which helps alot. Don't get me wrong, I am all for Suboxone but it still has it's drawbacks.

The problem people are having in the USA with Kratom is that a bunch of jokers have come up with a way to extract it and make it a tons time stronger than it was meant to be. From what I have heard, there is even something called UEI which I think stands for ultra enhance Indo?? I'm not sure but anyways, that is where the problem lies with Kratom, the idiots making Tincture, UEI, and other very strong extracts which NONE of them I would touch.

I am sorry if I offended you guys and I am not trying to step on any toes. This board is to help people get on or off suboxone and I was merely trying to help and I apologize for coming off any different. Plain leaft Kratom should not be lumped with the bullsht that otheres are making. I apologize if you guys thought that is where I was hinting at.

I am on this forum for the same reason as everybody else......suboxone, I just found out yesterday from experience that there is a way to go through the WD period without it being so bad. What's wrong with wanting to share that helpful tip?

Post subject: Spammer
PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:51 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

SPAM Private Message in my inbox from this person FYI:

To: glen bee

Posted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:14 pm

Subject: Hey, I found a place to at least try kratom free
Hey, I will be positing wh9le krat9m ex0erence t9norrow. IF and ONLY IF you get quality kratom, the stuff really freaking works. the problem is that nobody knows about it which is good in a way but sucks when people who need it can't even sample it.

I had a hige bout with PKs and going through the WD process right now to start subozone because I can gett it pretty cheap compared to my Kratom.

I am not BSing you. THe ONLY people it doesn't work on is people trying to take it while on other opiates. As you begin withdrawing you will slowly see this stfuff is awesome.

I don't normally do this but because I am tired of people getting crapped on I deceided to take the plunge and help you guys. The best way to try it without worrrying about wasting money is free and I am giving out 15g smaples for free right now on my site. You will see the sign up paga on the home page for a free 15g sample totallly on us. Chose the Thai Maend Da, it is the greatest. I should be half dying right now and have so much enerty from my krattom I deceided to share.

visit kratomincense. You will see there are plenty of likes. You won't be dissapointe

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:43 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Lol you left out he also took four Xanax bars too!

Bro what you feel right now while on that kratom shit is the pure definition of cloud nine!

jonathanm1978 wrote:
Better yet, you come on a recovery forum, WHILE HIGH..to brag about how high you are on Kratom and tell us how you'll get high tomorrow and explain the high to us?

Thanks, but I think I'd rather pass on reading your opiate-induced posts. Yay..you found a drug that mimics opiates(lortabs/vicodin/etc)...and you feel like bragging/talking about how wonderful you feel while taking it.

Try taking it a couple of days then quitting. People don't complain about the high they get from Kratom..THEY COMPLAIN ABOUT THE WITHDRAWALS DUDE.

I remember when I first tried Oxycontins..and had been taking 15-20 lortab 10s a day..I didnt have to get online and brag after I took that first Oxy 80mg about how great it was and how much 1 pill did for me.

But I sure don't have to tell anyone about how I felt after taking Oxycontin 80mg for a week, then running out. I'm sure MANY people here probably can imagine how I felt after I ran out.

But when I first tried oxy..I felt like you..and I wanted to take dirt from the yard and clean it with a toothbrush until it wasn't dirt anymore. I found out, just like you will, that Oxycontin was the most horrible withdrawals that I could've ever felt in my life...and such has been said about Kratom and the withdrawals of it.

YOU HAVE NOT DONE ANYTHING EXCEPT GET HIGH WITH ANOTHER DRUG. Geez...you haven't QUIT anything..you swapped Suboxone for Kratom..and now that you're high and buzzed with Kratom, you come here to tell us that you stopped the Suboxone withdrawals with Kratom.

YOU HAVENT QUIT ...brag about it when you make it through withdrawals from Kratom and you can tell everyone how gut-wrenching it was to come down from the Kratom.

Last edited by Bboy42287 on Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:54 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Cant we all just man up and deal with the WDs like normal people lol :lol:

jonathanm1978 wrote:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 4:04 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Apparently not, Bboy. (I know you're joking, but I'm kind of serious.) Everyone is looking for that get out of jail free card. We were ALREADY addicted to opiates when we started suboxone! And by taking the sub, it's NOT A FREE RIDE and no one ever said it was. We still have withdrawals coming to us. But if a taper is done correctly (long and slow) then the withdrawals can be minor.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 4:29 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Geez guys, give me a break, I am going to be taking suboxone as well tomorrow. I just wanted to offer an idea and I deepley apologize that I offended so many.

I was on here my first go around and learned about certain amino acids to take and what to eat and all to help the WD. Now, people are taking clodine and other drugs to help WD, i really wanted to help by offering a different alternative. I have taken Clonidine, that can get pretty dangerous too.

If you don't have to be in hell while WD then why would you. A lot of you were hooked on PKs and now are being hypocrticial like you are an angel, you don't have the right to judge other people.

Besides a certain percentage, we all got to this point because we got hooked on pain killers. We have all made mistakes. I understand the concept of manning up and dealing with WDs, I really do and I respect you for that but my job is very taxing and without something, there is no way I could do my job without something to cool the WDs down. Could I take Clonidine? yes if I wanted to be a walking mummy and hurt myself. I like that plain leaf kratom can just be boiled into a nice tea and can get me through these WDs while still doing my job and still having the ability to think clear.

Forgive me for going on a suboxone forum and trying to share possible new ideas to help people with WD either before or after Subosone.

I really wish me and the people flaming me were face to face right now so you see that I am not the monster you think I am and really do care and know Kratom has made this hell so much better.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:08 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

By your "taxing" job, you are referring to your website that sells kratom (the same one you sent me a link to) . Seems to me that your surfing recovery forums to push your product. Nobody here is claiming to be an angel, but we do take our recovery seriously. I for one don't need this being pushed at me when I'm so young in recovery.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:39 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Jungle Incense wrote:
Geez guys, give me a break, I am going to be taking suboxone as well tomorrow. I just wanted to offer an idea and I deepley apologize that I offended so many.

I was on here my first go around and learned about certain amino acids to take and what to eat and all to help the WD. Now, people are taking clodine and other drugs to help WD, i really wanted to help by offering a different alternative. I have taken Clonidine, that can get pretty dangerous too.

It's not that you offended people...it's that WE had to go through hell ...and that's the way you SHOULD start recovery. RECOVERY ISN'T EASY...and the "hell" you face before starting Suboxone helps you to remember that there IS a price to pay for having a good time..and it's not going from opiates to Kratom to Suboxone. There's a reason why most doctors tell you that you should be in withdrawals A LOT longer than you really need to be..because they WANT you to remember it. It puts a mental "timestamp" in your brain that you had to go through hell before you could get to the other side and feel better(the induction of Suboxone). There's not a 'easy way out' that you can use..and if you do, then you're only CHEATING YOURSELF!

Jungle Incense wrote:
If you don't have to be in hell while WD then why would you. A lot of you were hooked on PKs and now are being hypocrticial like you are an angel, you don't have the right to judge other people.

See the above...no, you don't HAVE to be in hell, but why do you want to have it so easy? Having it easy is what people who self-medicate themselves use as an excuse to abuse their drugs. Having it easy is making a choice to keep abusing opiates and not doing what it takes to clean yourself up. And there's a reason this stuff is outlawed in many places...just like it will be in the US before long..once a few people die from drug interactions or other problems that come up due to this drug.

Jungle Incense wrote:
Besides a certain percentage, we all got to this point because we got hooked on pain killers. We have all made mistakes. I understand the concept of manning up and dealing with WDs, I really do and I respect you for that but my job is very taxing and without something, there is no way I could do my job without something to cool the WDs down. Could I take Clonidine? yes if I wanted to be a walking mummy and hurt myself. I like that plain leaf kratom can just be boiled into a nice tea and can get me through these WDs while still doing my job and still having the ability to think clear.

It sounds like your "job" is to push Kratom on people. There's no "manning up" involved when you're so weak that you prefer to use something to get past a 2 or 3 day period of withdrawals so that you can start your new life. Looking back, I'm DAMN PROUD that I spent 2 days in agony..it gives me a split between having a party, and cleaning up my life. Using Kratom just makes people believe they don't have to suffer anything at all and can just use whatever they want without repercussion.

Jungle Incense wrote:
Forgive me for going on a suboxone forum and trying to share possible new ideas to help people with WD either before or after Subosone.

I really wish me and the people flaming me were face to face right now so you see that I am not the monster you think I am and really do care and know Kratom has made this hell so much better.

These aren't new ideas...people who are actively seeking have these awesome ideas, they have them EVERY day when they get their fresh supply of pills. Things like "wow, I got 90 pills now..so I should be able to make it at LEAST 2 weeks..I'll take this many a day...and I won't go over that amount...and then I'll be OK and won't have to buy more until next payday..."
Then 3 days later...they have 10 pills left and start scouring for money...because their "awesome idea" failed them miserably. And now they are left with pawning something to buy more pills..and the vicious circle continues.

If you really care, then you should be advising people to do what suits them..NOT what suits you. Just because you swear by Kratom and you have some sort of "miracle blend" that you sell on your website..that doesn't mean that everyone should jump on your bandwagon and start buying it hand-over-fist.

And you should URGE people to go through the withdrawals. If someone spends 6 months getting high on opiates..and never has a day when they aren't high...and they suddenly jump off opiates to kratom..and don't feel anything for 3 days..then jump from Kratom to Suboxone....then they haven't done what it takes to know that there IS a downside to opiates...and it's NOT just a field of roses and flowers when they quit and have to start treatment. And that mental "imprint" isn't made that tells them they don't want to do that again because the withdrawals are so bad.

Post subject: Re: Spammer
PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:27 pm 
glen bee wrote:
SPAM Private Message in my inbox from this person FYI:

To: glen bee

Posted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:14 pm

Subject: Hey, I found a place to at least try kratom free
Hey, I will be positing wh9le krat9m ex0erence t9norrow. IF and ONLY IF you get quality kratom, the stuff really freaking works. the problem is that nobody knows about it which is good in a way but sucks when people who need it can't even sample it.

I had a hige bout with PKs and going through the WD process right now to start subozone because I can gett it pretty cheap compared to my Kratom.

I am not BSing you. THe ONLY people it doesn't work on is people trying to take it while on other opiates. As you begin withdrawing you will slowly see this stfuff is awesome.

I don't normally do this but because I am tired of people getting crapped on I deceided to take the plunge and help you guys. The best way to try it without worrrying about wasting money is free and I am giving out 15g smaples for free right now on my site. You will see the sign up paga on the home page for a free 15g sample totallly on us. Chose the Thai Maend Da, it is the greatest. I should be half dying right now and have so much enerty from my krattom I deceided to share.

visit kratomincense. You will see there are plenty of likes. You won't be dissapointe

It isn't spam. He is a real person who will really send you some kratom to try. His site looks pretty legit, I signed up for the free sample.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:30 pm 
Jonathan, you already said you have never tried kratom, so how can you comment on its effectiveness? You seem to have this bizarre opinion that Suboxone is some how > other drugs, or you are better than someone else who takes other drugs. You don't get to say that this guy is high on kratom, but you aren't high on Suboxone, because you have never tried kratom so you have NO IDEA how it compares to the feeling of Suboxone.

I appreciate this spammer, assuming he really is going to send me a free sample. I would be interested in trying it upon my next dose reduction.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:05 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

OK, everyone take a deep breath. I'm guessing the reason people are saying the OP was high when writing was because his first post was hard to get through - it was full of errors and typos and well, quite frankly, it sounded like the writer WAS HIGH. Therefore, people were surmising that he was high. It makes sense to me; it was the first thing I thought of as well.

As for accusing the poster of being a spammer, well, again, the OP sent out a bunch of unsolicited PRIVATE messages "pushing" what most people consider an illicit, recreational drug on a recovery forum. It's not surprising then that people were offended by that. That is why, I believe, people are calling it "spamming. The OP had already posted about his website and there was absolutely no reason whatsoever to solicit people to go to that website and push free samples via PRIVATE (yes, I'm intentionally stressing that again) messages. If people who read the thread were interested, they knew how to get there if they wanted to.

This is why I believe people are upset. So let's all just take a deep breath and step back for a moment. Maybe even give this thread a rest for a bit so everyone can take a bit of a break.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:55 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Okay - so I've got a question about all this kratom stuff i've been reading... So is this guy trying to say that kratom is appropriate to use ONLY during those few days prior to starting suboxone so that you can still go to work and live relatively "normally" while preparing for induction? I have no interest in kratom but as I've been thinking about it, in my opinion, this would be the ONLY semi-legit reason for using it. I agree with Johnathan in that those few days of withdrawal prior to starting sub are almost a necessary prequel to starting your recovery since its such a "reality check" and is a good indicator of the shit you've gotten yourself into; a little suffering can be good for the soul. Anyway, so in trying to understand this person "trying to help" all of us on this forum, I'm assuming he's trying to help those active addicts who fear not making it through that withdrawal period prior to suboxone induction?? I, personally, just suffered for 3 and a half days after stopping methadone and prior to starting subs and was okay doing it this way. And if anyone asked me, i'd recommend that they do the same thing: go through a little hell, but know you'll be fine very soon and on your way to recovery. But to be fair, I'm going to say, okay - if you really NEED to take kratom for those 2-4 days (or whatever) before your induction, and don't feel you can manage otherwise, then take a small amount of kratom during that time and then start subs. But wait, how would you know if you were in the appropriate amount of withdrawal to start subs if you had been using kratom?? We would need an answer to that question.
Furthermore, lets say you decide to get some kratom to use in lieu of your suboxone... now i'm not sure if this has been directly suggested, but this is the part that worries me. So if kratom is promoted to assist with opiate or suboxone withdrawal, does this mean that "if you just take some kratom, you won't be dependent on subs anymore?" I don't know the exact answer to this but from the little bit of reading I've done online about kratom, I would assume that it would certainly keep you out of withdrawals - and probably even make you feel good. But aren't its addictive properties just as serious as any other opiate? So if you start taking kratom, wouldn't you eventually become dependent on that and have to worry about getting off of it too? And with kratom I don't think you'd have a doctor to talk to should you experience any side effects. I'm not saying i've done extensive research on kratom or anything, but based on what i've read, kratom is addictive and shouldn't be taken on a regular or even semi-regular basis. And there are some other negative side effects too - as there can be with any drug / chemical / substance, etc. For me, a suboxone patient, i don't see the point in using kratom since i'm currently (and slowly) tapering. I feel like if I started using kratom regularly (instead of suboxone) I would still be stuck with another physical and mental dependence. And yes, its currently legal and attainable.... And i'm sure that's appealing to some people with an addiction to pain pills or heroin. But if you're really want to get to the point of being clean from opiates or if you don't want to have to "need something" to get you out of bed in the morning, i don't think kratom is the answer. It seems like you'd be just as dependent on this as any opiate. And to clarify, I am definitely dependent on suboxone and i'm going to have to work to completely taper off of this. This is the route i've chosen and I'm comfortable with it. I have a medical professional to advise me and assist with my taper and a community of people who are in my same situation and offer support and advice.
I guess i'm just wondering what the real benefit of kratom is to current suboxone or methadone patients. Is it really advisable to stop these prescription medications, start kratom, and essentially be "under your own care?" Can you really stop suboxone or methadone, use kratom regularly for a short time to get you through the WD phase, and then suffer no withdrawals from the kratom? I don't know for sure, but I highly doubt it. I just think that this whole kratom thing isn't really relevant to people who are currently on prescribed medication to help with their recovery from opiate addiction. If kratom was something that you could take for a short period of time after stopping suboxone or methadone AND definitely wouldn't cause you to become dependent upon it, thats a different story. But again, I doubt it. to be honest, it sounds more like something thats "legal and easily attainable" (and therefore not bad!) that we addicts can use to "cheat" if we feel like getting high again. And I don't recommend that at all. As I mentioned early on in my (long) post - the only way I could see a current addict even halfway benefiting from kratom is if the ABSOLUTELY, POSITIVELY could NOT handle the withdrawal period prior to starting subs - but even in this case, I would still question the use of kratom. This is just my opinion.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:07 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

One more thing I wanted to add. We had a member a while back (I don't recall his name), but he fell into the Kratom trap. He used Kratom to tackle his suboxone withdrawals (I think I recall that he didn't want to do a slow taper, so his w/d were worse than they had to be). The problem was, he came back to the forum a short time later to report to us that he ended up back in active addiction- hooked on Kratom! He ended up, if I recall correctly, back on suboxone to get off the Kratom.

If I can find that thread I'll post it, but I can't promise anything.

There are reasons why sub is an appropriate opiate replacement therapy and Kratom isn't.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:39 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I think I remember that poster... Think it was it username: runner ?

hatmaker510 wrote:
One more thing I wanted to add. We had a member a while back (I don't recall his name), but he fell into the Kratom trap. He used Kratom to tackle his suboxone withdrawals (I think I recall that he didn't want to do a slow taper, so his w/d were worse than they had to be). The problem was, he came back to the forum a short time later to report to us that he ended up back in active addiction- hooked on Kratom! He ended up, if I recall correctly, back on suboxone to get off the Kratom.

If I can find that thread I'll post it, but I can't promise anything.

There are reasons why sub is an appropriate opiate replacement therapy and Kratom isn't.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:57 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Thanks for remembering the name! You're right and you gave me a name to search for. His experience with Kratom was back around the fall of 2010. He had several posts about it, including the following:

Quote:
Kratom has the death-drip (sic) on me-it's been a week, it's been every day.
I had to stop before taking the revia, which threw me into having almost
unbelieivebale oxy-like cravings. I even tried kratom-zero effect. So
yesterday I was/AM in full-blown w/d- a psycholigical catastrophe.

I've got to make a run at breaking through the Kratom. People kick H
which is also readily available. Kratom will break my bank account if
I cannot execte a plan.

He also talked about relapsing on Kratom at least a couple of times and about not being able to quit. He had a lot of posts about it but I wasn't going to copy and paste all of them. Anyone can go to Runner's profile and look up his posts.

It's clear that Runner really had a hard time once he got hooked on it. I really felt for that guy. And it just extended his time on sub. That quick fix for him ended up making it a much longer and harder road that he could have had.