It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:28 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:16 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

hatmaker510 wrote:
Thanks for remembering the name! You're right and you gave me a name to search for. His experience with Kratom was back around the fall of 2010. He had several posts about it, including the following:

Quote:
Kratom has the death-drip (sic) on me-it's been a week, it's been every day.
I had to stop before taking the revia, which threw me into having almost
unbelieivebale oxy-like cravings. I even tried kratom-zero effect. So
yesterday I was/AM in full-blown w/d- a psycholigical catastrophe.

I've got to make a run at breaking through the Kratom. People kick H
which is also readily available. Kratom will break my bank account if
I cannot execte a plan.

He also talked about relapsing on Kratom at least a couple of times and about not being able to quit. He had a lot of posts about it but I wasn't going to copy and paste all of them. Anyone can go to Runner's profile and look up his posts.

It's clear that Runner really had a hard time once he got hooked on it. I really felt for that guy. And it just extended his time on sub. That quick fix for him ended up making it a much longer and harder road that he could have had.

So the quick fix miracle drug that cures it all..actually caused him to crash and burn not once, but SEVERAL times..and he's right back where he started (ON SUBOXONE).

Sounds like he should've avoided listening to unsolicited private messages or advertisements for a website offering Kratom..and just stuck with the Suboxone...just like we're advising right now..about not listening to the hype and not going down a road that leads to nowhere...except right back to suboxone.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:49 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

StillProdigy wrote:
By your "taxing" job, you are referring to your website that sells kratom (the same one you sent me a link to) . Seems to me that your surfing recovery forums to push your product. Nobody here is claiming to be an angel, but we do take our recovery seriously. I for one don't need this being pushed at me when I'm so young in recovery.

Actually no, that is just a side business. I run around all day with my other business and I enjoy working out. We've all made our mistakes, some with pain meds and most of the people that are going to be starting suboxone soon will probably have some kind of pill or several different pills like clonidine, xanax, over the counter sleep aids,etc. I merely offered a plant suggestion, kratom which is a plant from the coffee family. Sure it can be abused like everything else but it's not a bad suggestion for a few days. The extracts and higher potency kratoms are the issue with people. Plain leaf is much safer and if handled correctly can be a great alternative not only for withdrawals but with pain as well. It affects the Mu Opoid and does help a lot of people with pain. There are worst choices out there and then there are "being a man" about and sitting in hell for a few days.

Post subject: Re: Spammer
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:52 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

NoAlibi wrote:
glen bee wrote:
SPAM Private Message in my inbox from this person FYI:

To: glen bee

Posted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:14 pm

Subject: Hey, I found a place to at least try kratom free
Hey, I will be positing wh9le krat9m ex0erence t9norrow. IF and ONLY IF you get quality kratom, the stuff really freaking works. the problem is that nobody knows about it which is good in a way but sucks when people who need it can't even sample it.

I had a hige bout with PKs and going through the WD process right now to start subozone because I can gett it pretty cheap compared to my Kratom.

I am not BSing you. THe ONLY people it doesn't work on is people trying to take it while on other opiates. As you begin withdrawing you will slowly see this stfuff is awesome.

I don't normally do this but because I am tired of people getting crapped on I deceided to take the plunge and help you guys. The best way to try it without worrrying about wasting money is free and I am giving out 15g smaples for free right now on my site. You will see the sign up paga on the home page for a free 15g sample totallly on us. Chose the Thai Maend Da, it is the greatest. I should be half dying right now and have so much enerty from my krattom I deceided to share.

visit kratomincense. You will see there are plenty of likes. You won't be dissapointe

It isn't spam. He is a real person who will really send you some kratom to try. His site looks pretty legit, I signed up for the free sample.

Thanks for the kind words. It was my mistake to bring it up.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 5:03 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

By spam I think he means unsolicited mail in his Private Message mail box sent to a group of people, usually for commercial reasons. That is pretty much the definition of spam.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 8:29 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

When something sounds too good to be true, it usually is. So-called quick cure-alls send up a caution flag to me. Just my opinion.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 4:43 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I thought the same thing you did, trust me. It effects your Mu Opiate Receptor so it make sense it works, Alot of people prefer it to pain meds. It's worth trying, especially since it is free. I didn't try and spam a bunch of people I pm'd 4 people thinking I was helping. Offering something for Free is not quite the same sending a PM to everybody and trying to sell something.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 9:48 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

This "you've got to go to hell for three days," before you induct on sub is a false sales pitch, cause you don't need to be in a full state of wd to induct anyway. For me, being strung out with cold clammy skin and a bit of sneezing at the sun, ain't excactly hell as i know it. You can induct on sub way before your climbing the walls. So people who are looking at the sub option, don't heed this "hell" bullshit. Jungle you could be mailing your free samples to kids. It's a pretty low act, claiming your saving some one from hell, with a legal wonder drug when in fact a proportion of taker's, are going to be your kratom customers for a long, long time. Drug addicts have a weakness, and you seek to profit from that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 11:11 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Yeah, I was no where near hell either when I was inducted. I waited 17 hours from my last pill and the doctor said I didn't have to go that long...said 12 hours would have been fine. I definitely was uncomfortable, like I had a cold or the flu or something. The worst part was that I wanted to climb out of my skin with the skin crawlies goin on...couldn't sit still comfortably. But I've had way worse withdrawal before on many occasions from just running out of pills and not being able to find more. Plus, I think just knowing relief was on it's way helped a lot too.

I don't think I'd try anything new just for the withdrawal to induct...you can take a sleeping pill that could help you sleep through most of that...but maybe for longer withdrawals like when tapering off for good.