It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:26 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:42 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hello all! I am brand new to this forum, and just started suboxone today, so I am sorry if I'm not posting in the right place or something! I do have serious question for anyone who might be able to help, so I will see what happens after I hit submit!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:13 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I took the 8mg film this afternoon, and was flying all day. Well, began to feel it after about 10-15 mins after I took it, and as it got stronger and I was shaky and really pretty high actually... When I got home and ate (only ate a little something before starting and later a banana so I was really hungry) in a hurry because I wanted to eat before I took my next dose, and was really hesitant about taking 8 mgs again because I felt like maybe it was too much/too strong... I did some searching and have heard about people cutting theirs, so I decided to cut mine in half, but now I am not only worried that I will be in trouble for not doing it exactly like they told me (will they be able to tell how much is in my system?), but also worried that I have messed the whole way it works up or something! I would greatly appreciate any input on this. Obviously I can't call my doc now, and I know there are people out there that might have some insight! I am so glad that this site is here, and so excited to take my life back after all these years! Thank you!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:48 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi Moonchile

I don't think you messed anything up. It may be that the amount of sub the doctor said to take is to much for you. Some doctors start everyone out on the same dose and that's not always the best thing. If you were taking 60 mg of norco & then was told to take 16 mg of sub then the sub would be above your tolerance of norco. I hope you can understand what i mean.

Also I don't think the doctor can know exactly how much sub is in your bloodstream...usually there are looking to see if there is anything in you that shouldn't be. I don't even think there is a test to tell exactly how much sub you took, only that sub is present.

It took me a few weeks to feel stable on the suboxone. IMHO it's best to take the least amount that keeps you stable.

It also helps if you give more info on what you were on before sub & how long etc. Also to answer your last questions you can start a thread in the "introductions" section of the forum, you may get more replies.

Hang in there. Suboxone is a tool for your recovery.

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:12 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Ah, THANK YOU, Tiki, for responding to me and letting me know what's up! I really do appreciate it as I am really nervous about all of this... I am so excited, but I really think if I had went to sleep last night, I would have stopped breathing :shock: And if I had taken the full 8 mg, that I might have died anyways! Really- so so strong... So should I tell the nurse and/or doc that I think it's too much, or just keep taking a smaller amount on my own and save the rest for rainy day or in case anything happens?! I What does IMHO mean?!
I will go to the other thread later (I gotta run soon here).
Thank you again! <3