It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:35 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 8:32 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I really like how fast it dissolves. It was always a pain sitting around waiting for the tab to dissolve. And having all the saliva build up to the point where you think you're going to swallow it all. At least now I know I am getting the correct dose. And I tell ya, it's so much stronger. The film has me absolutely wired out of my mind. It makes me wonder if i wasn't getting an appropriate dose when I was taking the tablets. Anyways, I hope it evens out because the effects are almost too strong for me. I just wanted to share my thoughts, because it seems like everyone has a different experience when they start the film. Oh and I don't mind the taste either. I've heard the film had too much of a ''medicine taste.'' Its not so bad though.

Post subject: Interesting...
PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:27 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Hey Jason.....I haven't been around the forum that much for the past few months due to moving and other stuff.....But coming back now and getting semi-active, I have been reading a lot about this new Suboxone Film.. I never heard of it until I read about it here on the forum. Interesting how you say it's much stronger....make sense I guess since those strips sound like they just dissolve like those breath strips...

I'm so used to dosing first thing in the AM when I first wake up in bed...I find that dosing first thing when I wake up is the best because my mouth is dry and I barely make any saliva. Usually takes about 15 minutes to completely dissolve. Now I'm taking more Suboxone to assist with my lower back pain...So I'm dosing in the afternoon which I find very difficult. The film would be so much better for me in the afternoon at work, etc....

Keep us posted on how you feel, I'm interested to know if all will even out for you.

SuperBuper

Post subject: the film is AWESOME!
PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:17 am 
One Month or More
One Month or More

i have been on the film for a little over a month now- and i LOVE it! it dissolves much quicker and while the taste is not great it is MUCH better than having all that chalky stuff that the pills made in my mouth! they are easy to tear too and one of the best things about it- i get it free thanks to the discount card offered on sub website! ok i sound like a spokesperson for them but in all honesty they are wonderful!

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:44 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

It is very possible if not likely that you ARE in fact getting a higher dose now that you're on the film. Some people have actually had to lower their dose once they started the film. You might want to think about doing that yourself.

(Also, I'm one of those people that prefer the tablets over the film. I abhor the taste of them. They actually make me gag. Compared to them the tablets taste like candy. CA CA.)

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 12:03 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I personally hate the new films. They taste gross and not to mention I had terrible side effects from them. I almost immediatly got really dizzy and sick feeling everytime I took films...even a quarter of one strip when I use to take 2 8mg pills and feel great. Also got a terrible headache. I tried the strips for a month and a half before realizing I couldn't continue. It just defeated the purpose of taking suboxone which is to feel better and I felt BAD on the strips. Finally after much debat with my dr I was put back on tablet form but he warned it will be phased out in March of 2011! That will ruin my treatment if they do that...I can't stand the strip form.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:55 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I'm with you, bupeguy. I really want to stay on the tablets. I'd heard rumors that they were going to phase out the tablets, but that's all I thought it was - rumor. I really hope your doctor is wrong. If not, I guess I'd best try to get used to them (again).

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:42 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I dose first thing in the morning as well. It's worked really well for me. Yea, I experienced a pretty bad headache yesterday since starting the film. I do have a history of migraine headaches though, so not sure if the filmed caused it or not. The effects are starting to even out and its my 4th day on the film. I still really like the film over the tablet. The convenience factor just pushes it over the top for me. The taste still doesn't bother me so I hope it stays that way. Overall, love the film!