It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:27 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 9:47 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Yay, I went to a new clinic today and got back on Suboxone. And how about it didn't cost me a dime. They take Al. Medicaid! What a blessing. Just wanted to let everyone know I'm back. I feel a little hot and have been sweating but other than that I feel great. I only took a half a strip today, 4 mg but am prescribed 8 mg a day. I have to go back in one week and touch base with the Dr. Who happens to be a Psychiatrist. This feels like a good fit. The place has been in business for years too so I'm not afraid that they are going to suddenly close down like the other place did. There are 2 Suboxone Dr.s there so I might see one, one day then the other the next. I just wanted to let you guys know. I'm so relieved. Sincerely, Bama girl aka Angie

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 4:57 am 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

thanks for sharing your good experience. i recently switched to another dr. and there is no comparison to this professional office setting now and the clinic i used to go to where i had to stand in line to pee and then dump my own pee! the clinic had multiple drs, but i had to see the one i started with. it was a new thing, because i had seen 2 other drs there but i was told one day i couldn't do that anymore. which was not great since my dr was only there 1 day a week!
i switched because i found a dr that takes insurance! so i don't have to pay now either!
good luck on your dose bama!

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 9:47 am 

Angie that is grrrrreat news (that Kellogg commercial where he says grrrrrreat lol).

U are very fortunate to have insurance that pays for ur treatment and medication, I would probably faint if that happened to me! I'm so happy to hear ur bk on a stable dose. Ur previous story, with ur clinic just up and closing, is some of our worst fears... and u made it through to the other side! Good for u Angie. No more forcing a taper and no more skipping days when u weren't ready to, ur finally bk to where u need to be.

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 1:30 pm 

Hey Miss Bamagurl,

Now at least we know you won't OD on us and disappear. Knowing you're on Suboxone again means we don't need to worry about your welfare. What you do from this point is up to you. I am just glad to see you happy and back on this life saving medication.

Either way you go, we support you.

r

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 12:25 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Angie,
I had the same concerns as rule given your 20+ yr pain med history and then after a too short time on bup, your Dr quits. I'm glad you're back on bup. maybe a part of you wanted to see if you were ready to stop bup and you learned, nope, not ready. I always, fully wish you my best Angie, Pel

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 2:58 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Thanks everybody for the nice comments. I went back for my 2nd visit after just one week and they were really helpful just as before. Now there will be a 2 week stretch before I go back. As far as dosing, I take 4 mg first thing in the morning then I take 2 mg around 4 in the evening. I feel great. I even got some nicotine patches and have been 3 days with no cigarettes. I had recently started back smoking after being quit for a year, I know very stupid, due to the stress I was under. I also experienced severe depression for about two months solid! I wouldn't get out of bed for hardly anything. I was in bad shape. I am about to snap out of it now that my dose is back to normal. It is just taking a little time. Well I just wanted to touch base. Thanks for everything y'all. Sincerely, Angie

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 5:15 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey Angie! Great news. I too was worried about your situation, as you know doubt picked up on :D I'm very glad you're back on this cravings crushing miracle medication without which many of us would most certainly be lost. I think it's interesting that you went back to cigs....which of course is just another drug. Very smart to go back on the patch.

Forever grateful for the kind help you gave me early on!

Warm wishes,
Godfrey

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:34 am 

Angie I'm always putting myself in others situations. If I see someone stopping bupe, I try to think of how I'd feel. If someone just starts, I try to remember how I was. When u said ur doctor just left, I imagined how I'd be if that happened to me. Lord have mercy, I wouldn't have gotten out of bed either. You'd have saw me looking like a skeleton from not eating! I can only imagine what u went through mentally and physically through that time. U finally felt 'normal' again and had it ripped away from u way to soon.

I'm so happy ur bk to where u should be. It's got to be a huge huge comfort. Thank goodness right?? :)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 3:25 pm 

Hi Angie (Bamagirl), I am so happy to hear that all worked out for you and that you are back on track. That depression that comes with withdrawal is the worst thing to deal with! I am so happy that you are done with that! I too love my doctor, if I were to lose her, I don't know what I would do! Welcome back!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 3:28 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hi Angie! I've just read your 2 threads and I was so sad for what you had to endure because of your doctor quitting. I'm new to Suboxone & the Forum and have found comfort at 6 mg per day. It was hard to read what you were experiencing trying to taper and/or skip days before you & your mind & body were ready. This has been a wealth of information for me & my future recovery. Now I believe that my body & mind will tell me when it is time to taper or quit or stay right where I am.

It was wonderful to see all the support that you received here. I really appreciate you making the time & effort to post even when you probably didn't feel like it. I honestly believe that you have now, & will help others here in the future, like me. (I have a feeling I'll need all the help I can get).

Best of luck with your wonderful new Dr.'s and the chance to let Sub do it's work on your time frame. You're a true inspiration.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 2:21 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey Hey HEY! It's Bama and I am well on my way!! LOL Hello forum friends. I went to the Dr yesterday and got my refills. I'm back up to 8 mg a day. I guess you can understand why I would want to take less than prescribed and stockpile up a few... so I have some for incase the unspeakable happens again. So the last time I went to the Dr, I had to speak to a nurse and get my refills because the doc was out of town. Well the same happened yesterday. I guess I'm ok with that, it is summer and I know everyone likes to go on vacation during the summer. And the nurse was asking me tons of questions about how I was doing and how I was feeling. I told her that the only thing that was bothering me was the fact that this place doesn't allow a patient to be on Suboxone for life. You know they think that 2 years is max and they are going by the fact that I have been on Suboxone for a year already even though half of that year was a taper and then sudden stop. The nurse assured me that I would be alright and that they had "other meds" to take the place of Suboxone, when that time comes. They aren't talking about any bup meds either. I don't know but I doubt very seriously there is any other meds I want to be on other that Suboxone. So I'm enjoying myself and taking advantage of the fact that I'm not having any cravings for the time being. I have been doing a little research and shopping around for a new doc and I ran across this place that does the implants. I thought that was very interesting and was wondering if any of our friends here on the forum had any experience with that. I'm just vaguely shopping for a new Dr now even though before it's over with I know I will have to switch to another one. One that will let me stay on Suboxone for a long time. I can't function without it. So on that note, I will end for now and comment on a few things some of you guys have mentioned to me on this thread..... Sister Morphine, I am so glad that you found a new dr. One that will take insurance, what a blessing... That is the only reason that I haven't left this place already.......rule 62 and Pelican, yeah, I'm going to be around for a while longer now. Don't have to worry about me disappearing or found dead and od. And Pelican, your absolutely right! A part of me DID want to see if I was ready to stop bup and I DID learn, "NO NOT EVEN REMOTELY READY"....... Godfrey, I'm still not smoking and proud of it!.....Jenn and Michelle, the crippling depression of having to stop Suboxone has completely diminished even though I do have that mental note in the back of my head that I'm going to have to find another Dr one day, and that kinda worries me... And last but not least DeeKay, welcome to the forum and glad I could be of help. Anytime you want to chat, hit me up. Best of luck to you... Sincerely Bamagirl

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 3:01 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I wonder what these "Other Meds" are that they are talking about! I don't understand at all that they won't let patients take Bupe for more than 2 years. Many on this Forum would be quickly looking for another Dr. that's for sure (including me).

I don't know what the future holds for me, but I would want the comfort to know that if I want to take Bupe for life that my Dr. will support me. I have that kind of Dr. luckily. I don't think he really knows much about Bupe, but that's okay. With the help of The Talk Zone & this Forum I guess you could say that I'm self taught (and still learning).

I also continue to fill my original RX of 16mg per day. I'm a bit of a worrier and I'm much calmer now that I know I have a supply for emergencies. I live on the TX Gulf Coast & there's always the threat of a hurricane or flooding. I need that supply for my piece of mind. It's not a need for an opiate...it's a need to be able to take care of myself in case of an emergency.

Glad you're doing so well!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 4:17 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi Deekay, I will tell you what I think these other meds are that my dr is talking about...Psych meds! This is a Psychiatrist that I'm going to so there you have it. Now I have taken different Psych meds in the past, Lexapro and Wellbutrin being the main ones I remember. I didn't take them at the same time, and neither one helped with withdrawals. Yeah, I'm going to be looking for another Dr when they try to make me cut back on my Suboxone. Well sounds like you have an awesome stock pile to fall back on incase something happens. That's great. :) So you live on the Gulf Coast in Texas? Wow! I bet that is nice. You can go there and go swimming anytime you take the notion. I would love to live that close. We live about mid ways up into Alabama so no salt water in sight. Well it was nice chatting and I'm happy for you to find this amazing drug that keeps all craving away. Not to mention our informative and supportive forum. Thanks for responding so quickly, YOUR FORUM FRIEND, Angie

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:47 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Oh my gosh, your Dr. thinks that psych meds will do the same job as Bupe? Well that's just crazy. :roll: At least you've got some time to make any changes. I'm sorry they don't really understand how this drug actually works! All it takes it some online research & you can learn all about it. Why don't they do that? I guess I could say the same about my Dr. but he trusts me & I guess that's all that really matters.

The last time I went in I told the nurse that I had found my comfort level at 5mg per day. She was so happy for me & hugged me as she left the room. It really made me feel great. Little did I know then my ceiling level is 5mg. I had no success dropping to 4.5mg. Many problems. So I started doing 5 then 4.5 alternating days. I'm now doing 5 then 3 days of 4.5. I'm holding here until I feel totally good. No rushing things for me.

That's really what this is about for me. No cravings & NO rushing. I wish I had never picked up that pill bottle. But the botched surgery really left me no choice. The pain was honestly unbearable. I did try to wean off the Dilaudid. Boy was that a joke. Suboxone was/is my only hope.

Take good care Angie!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:27 am 

Hey Angie! Nice to see ur doing well.

It ran through my mind that maybe ur nurse was possibly talking about the vivitrol shot or something. Imo it doesn't work on cravings and I personally wouldn't want it but maybe that's a medication she meant. That's just a thought.

Let me tell ya, a while bk I read this news thing (I get these news stories on my iPhone and sometimes I read them and sometimes I don't) that was talking about this bacteria that's starting to pop up in water. It can enter ur body if ur taking a swim and have an open cut or just gotten a tattoo.... stuff like that. A guy died in Mexico because he'd had a tattoo previously and was swimming and this bacteria entered his body. That news story was talking about these bacteria was going to start showing up in different places because of the temperature changes going on. I told my fiancé all about it because it freaked me out, I'm a huge wimp when it comes to swimming in lakes and stuff, creeps me out lol. Anyway getting to the point, I read a few days ago that this bacteria has showed up in Alabama somewhere and ppl were getting sick. I didn't read enough to know everything about it or exactly where it was found, but I'd say u have heard of it by now right? Be careful Angie!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 1:43 pm 

So glad to see you doing well, Angie! I wish that your current situation would last longer than it will, but it's smart of you to do some preliminary looking around for a new doctor. And to stockpile some medication.

Amy

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 8:57 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi Angie,

It's Queenie! I have read all the posts on this thread. First of all, I'm glad you're o.k. and on subs. It's really a shame that you have to wonder what's going to happen with your subs. That "other meds" thing doesn't sound right to me. For now, I'm glad you have no cravings. That's the important part for us.

I'm very fortunate. I see my Dr. every 6 months and I get 6 months refills. I am on the sublingual, 8mgs a day and that's where he wants me to stay. My only out-of-pocket is a $10 co-pay for the meds every month.

I wish you lived here(N.Y.) I would refer you to my doctor. In the meantime, you are smart to stockpile.

I really hope things work out. I will be thinking about you with positive thoughts and if it's alright with you I will say a little prayer each night so that things work out for the best. let me know how thingsd are going.

Hugs and love, Queenie

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:14 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Oh thank you so much Queenie, our beloved grandmother of the forum. Yes of course you can pray for me. I would love that actually. That is awesome that you only have to go to the Dr. 2 times a year and only $10 out of pocket? good grief that is a blessing. I couldn't believe it when I found this place that takes Ala Medicaid to pay for the Dr. visit, and the meds as well. Only catch is they don't let you stay on Suboxone for more that 2 yrs. But I'm taking everything one day at a time. All I can do. I am looking around to see if I can find another Suboxone clinic but don't really want to get in a hurry to change because I can't beat not paying anything, well hardly anything to go to the Dr. and get my meds filled. We are truly blessed in that aspect. It is so good to hear from you Queenie....Thanks for the comment Amy, I am doing well for the time being and I have quite a few stockpiled. I will be looking for a new Dr. in the near future......Jenn., I sure hope that nurse isn't talking about the shot bc that is not anything I would be interested in. I need something that helps with cravings and makes me feel normal again and bup products are the only thing that are going to do that. And oh yeah, I have heard about that terrible flesh eating bacteria in the bay area of our state and believe me, I have no plans of getting in that water. Thanks for mentioning it :D I don't even go swimming so I will be safe. Goodnight everyone, Your forum friend, Angie