It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:05 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Started Sub today
PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 6:32 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hi everyone!

My story is no different than anyone elses. Im addicted to Norco and Tramadol. My Dr. was prescribing me 120 10 mg norcos per month and 240 tramadols. As long as I had one of those meds in my system, I avoided w/d. Well the problem was, I took them like candy. My month supply of pills would last me about 1 1/2 weeks. Then I was forced to buy pills for the remainder of the month. All of my money went for pills! I would spend hundreds per month just to keep myself from getting sick. I lost track of how much I was actually spending, it could have been in the 1000's.
I went to go see a sub dr about 2 weeks ago. Ive been holding on to the suboxone this long because I was terrified of how it was going to make me feel. Ive read so many horror stories about people going into immediate w/d. Well I finally got up enough nerve to take it today. So far so good. Its been about an hour and a half and I feel great!
Thanks for allowing me to share my story and I would really appreciate any comments or advice that anyone might have.

Lynn

Post subject: Re: Started Sub today
PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 7:03 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey Hey Lynn!

Welcome to the forum! :D

You did it! Nothing to be worried about! Sounds like you did a great job! Please share with us just how much of the sub you have taken today? And how much sub you have in your possession right now? You had a fairly large habit and I'm curious how much sub it took to get you stable?

I know exactly what you mean by spending all your money, and pills lasting less than 2 weeks usually. Been there, done that! I went the sub route myself, but now finished my last dose nearly 3 weeks ago in a day or so. I had a great experience on sub therapy and I hope it goes well for you too.

You should be feeling normal, as normal as possible anyway. Not high by any means, just good and able to do what you want to do.

At this point any idea how long you plan on remaining on the subs? I was on it a total of about 3 years. Many here have been on it much longer than that, and lots have used for much shorter periods too. It's what works best for you that matters.

Again welcome Lynn. Please continue to post and let us know how your feeling. Any questions just ask. Lots of support here for you. Take care and have a great weekend!

Karen xoxo

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 7:46 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Welcome to the forum Lynn,

I am new too (relatively). I've been on for about 3 weeks and everything in my life has gotten better. I too was spending thousands per month on pills and feeling like a fool for doing it.

As Brown Eyed Girl mentioned you should adjust pretty quickly, and I know you'll be so happy not being a slave to pain pills.

Welcome again.

RSB

Last edited by Rowshambow on Fri Sep 20, 2013 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:16 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Congrats, Lynn! It will be a whole new way of living.. Not surprised to hear of your easy transition, hyrdo to sub is probably the easiest transition.

Welcome!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:18 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

My dr has started my out taking 1/2 8mg sheet 3 times per day. I have a two week supply on hand and I go to see him again next week. Tmrw will be the big test. It will be my first full day with only the sub in my system. Im a little worried because I do have to go to work. But Im sure it will be fine. I REALLY appreciate all the encouragment Ive been getting from this Forum. Everyone here is so amazing! Thanks again!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 12:53 am 

I think you'll be OK tomorrow! If people are going to experience precipitated withdrawals they usually get them shortly after they dose for the first time. I think that your dosing schedule is appropriate for now (3x/day), but eventually you should probably be dosing just once a day, unless you have chronic pain.

If you are only taking sub for addiction, you need to break the cycle of addictive thinking/behaving. One thing we addicts like to do, is try to take our drug to feel "better". You will soon find out, however, that taking more sub does nothing besides waste your subs! If you can get down to taking your sub only once a day, then you are that much farther away from the obsessive behavior of a drug addict.

I hope that makes sense! Welcome to the forum! We're glad to have you here.

Amy

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 10:20 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

This stuff truly works! I feel amazing today. Thanks again, everyone for the support.

Lynn