It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:41 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Re: Started Sub Sunday
PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 3:00 pm 

Em,

You've taken the first step toward being back in recovery by coming here and telling us what is happening. I do have a few questions.

How much sub are you getting from your doctor? What dose does your doctor think you are on? I assume you are getting extra sub from other sources, so how much do you have to taper down to in order to get back on the dose your doctor thinks you are on?

You are out of control because your addiction has you believing that more is better, even though all of the data tells you otherwise.

Here are my suggestions:

1. Start a new thread here about your taper plan and process. You need to be checking in here daily or close to it. Tell us how you are feeling. Tell us about your stress. The act of writing these things down is a logical process. You need to be engaging your brain in activity that supports your goal. By engaging the part of your brain that is logical and goal oriented you will be less controlled by the part of your brain that fuels your addiction.

2. Make extra appointments with your addiction therapist and be completely honest in your sessions. Your therapist should be able to give you tools that will help get your addiction back under control.

3. I assume that with your chronic pain issues you are taking sub several times a day. Take control of that process by readying the next day's doses the night before. If the sub films are already cut up and in a pill case (or something similar) you don't have to think about how much you want your dose to be at that moment. You just take what is already prepared for you.

I hope to see your new thread soon!

Amy

P.S. I know I'm being bossy, but it's only because I think that's what you need right now. I feel complete compassion and empathy toward your situation. (Hugs) Your grandson needs you to be at your best, and that means being in control of your sub use. You can do this!!

Post subject: Re: Started Sub Sunday
PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 8:17 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Thank you Qhorse I appreciate the support! Thank you Amy, I need "bossy" LOL I came back to get the advice of people that are doing the right thing, using the medication as it is supposed to be used.

Amy, I answered some of your questions on my new thread :D I will come here as often as I can but can't promise it will be everyday. Can't type chasing a baby LOL

Have to go now but will try to write more tonigt. I will take your suggestions. Thank you so much!

Emily