It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:29 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Started Sub Sunday
PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 12:48 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey Tiki,

You are right about the Motrin, it probably helped much more than the hydro did. Suboxone only blocks opiate pain relievers. Since Motrin is not an opiate it should work for you. I'm soooo glad you got that figured out! I too, was wondering why you were'nt feeling well!

As for the crankyness, no worries! The switch to subs can be hard on some people, and especially when you have other issues going on. I would have been much worse!

I hope everything goes ok. Just in case, I would at least read through that link I posted for you. It's a good idea to understand how to control your pain while on subs. If you have time to drop your dose before surgery you will be much better off! Hopefully you won't have to deal with that!

Have a great day!

Q

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 10:07 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Q

Thank you for the link. I printed it out. I am also going to get a "medic" bracelet so if something happens the hospital would know i am on suboxone.

I appreciate all tips, help & support from everyone! :D

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 10:16 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Update-today is the 8th day i have taken suboxone. If i didn't have the kidney thing going on i think i would feel much better. I didn't sleep well again last night. Woke up alot & didn't feel rested when i got out of bed. Lots on my mind & pain are probably the reasons.

Didn't notice any difference on 12 mg but i guess it takes a couple days to notice anything. I will do 12 mg today - i take 8 mg about an hour or more after i wake up & the 4 mg by 2pm. So far i have not woken up feeling w/d yucky & i enjoy my coffee & a few smokes before i take the 8 mg. I am going to allow myself time to adjust to 12 mg.

Not much to say.

Tiki

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 11:19 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi Tiki,

I bet you won't notice any difference in dropping to 12mg even after a few days. If anything you may even feel better! I think it's important to be on the lowest dose that keeps you stable and comfortable, and anything higher could possibly make us feel worse. You may even feel better if you go lower than 12mg, but I would definitely remain on that dose for a few more days to be certain. You know youself better than anyone and you will know what dose is right for you.

I sure hope you get the kidney stone problem fixed shortly. That has to be a huge weight on your mind right now. I think your handling the situation very well actually. Good job overall Tiki, and thanks for the update.

Have a great Sunday and I'll talk to you later!

Hugs,
Karen xoxo

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:08 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Karen
Thanks for the post. I feel PAIN and it sucks. I am actually weak, drained & going to bed in a few minutes. I know i need rest. I feel so much better when i lay down & bleed so much more when i am up and about.

I got my 12 mg ready for tomorrow, gotta get on a routine so i can stabilize & move on down LOL . It's really not like me to screw up like i did when i started sub. I really think i quit just in the nick of time.

Night all

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:24 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi All

I feel a little better today. No leg pain & not to much back pain. Sleep is still difficult & i am smoking more than usual. I stayed home from work which is not my style. I went to work the day after my first sub dose & even Friday i went to work, sick as a dog.

I do have a questions...i thought i saw a chart on how to cut sub films & now i cant find it..can anyone send me a link to that thread?

I have zero motivation...any ideas why?

Today is my 4th day at 12 mg....when should i drop & what should i drop to? I am listening to everyone saying get to the lowest dose comfortable but this is new territory for me so i need help.

Have to push myself & get moving...

Tiki

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 2:08 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi Tiki,

I would stay right where you are for a while longer if it were me. I wouldn't reduce until you are feeling better and have very little symptoms if any. If you reduce while having symptoms they will just follow you to the next dose most likely? My opinion of course, but I might remain where you are a few days longer and see how you feel.

Here's a link to a cutting guide by one of the members here RXFCG. He made it and uses it himself of course. Here's the link...

http://www.rxfilmcuttingguide.com

When you do decide to reduce again I would probably reduce to either 10mg or maybe 8mg and see how that goes. Just take it fairly slow and don't reduce too much at once. You can always go lower, but you want to keep from raising the dose if possible.

Hope it helps and you feel better soon Tiki. Take care.

Hugs,
Karen xoxo

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 2:13 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Tiki,

I think you should not be in any hurry to taper down your dose. Especially since you have only been on it just for a few days (12? right) . It takes a while to play around with the dose to get the right one for you.
But if 12mg is working then I would try to stay on that dose, until you feel better. Then, you can worry about tapering later, after you have gotten used to the medication.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:18 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Karen

Thank you so much for the link! I guess i will stay at 12 for two more days. I was hoping i would get some energy soon. I also thought if i went down maybe that would be the best dose for me, like i said i have no energy or motivation to do anything. I thought maybe i was over medicated.

I hope you are doing well. You are one busy woman LOL All good things & I am happy for you!

Hugs
Tiki

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:31 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

raudy1975 wrote:
Tiki,

I think you should not be in any hurry to taper down your dose. Especially since you have only been on it just for a few days (12? right) . It takes a while to play around with the dose to get the right one for you.
But if 12mg is working then I would try to stay on that dose, until you feel better. Then, you can worry about tapering later, after you have gotten used to the medication.

raudy

Thank you so much for your post. What i like about this forum is the support for recovery no matter what a person decides is best for them. That being said, I feel i was more dependent on the opiates then "addicted" & i may have surgery soon. I built up a big tolerance & would wonder how the heck i could feel any pain with the dose i was on. I don't know if you read my entire thread but i just found out i had kidney stones in both kidneys. After talking to my SIL last night she had the same symptoms I am having when she had stones.

Initially i attributed everything to the switch but last Friday i got really sick & was dx with stones. Hopefully when they are taken care of i will begin to feel better. So the reason i want to taper is i want to get on the lowest dose that keeps me comfortable & allows me to live a basically normal life. Right now I have back pain (probably kidneys) & zero motivation. I think i may be over medicated. This is one weird drug.

Thoughts? I am open to anything & everything as you guys have "been there & done that"

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:41 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

The usual Update: Today i feel better but still no motivation to do anything. I have to get showered very soon because i have an appointment with the addiction therapist.

I slept well last night (finally) & woke up feeling better. I think alot of my issues can be attributed to the kidney problem. It worries me. Why did i get them, how do you get them, are they cancer not stones, what happens now, do i need surgery, will i feel better soon...yep i worry :(

So today i feel ok...which is good! Issues are zero motivation & feeling very weak/dopey-I think i am over medicated.

Any one have thoughts about motivation etc?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:46 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey Tiki,

I really do think it's best for you to remain on the 12mg for at least a couple more days to give your body plenty of time to adjust to that dose. Then you can reduce if you feel ready and I bet that will make a difference in how you feel also.

It's entirely possible the 12mg is too much for you, and you will know when you begin reducing. Lots of people feel good on between 4mg and 8mg it seems. Once you get down to those doses I bet it will make a big difference in how you feel.

Sure hope you get the stone issue taken care of. That has to be on your mind all the time.

Your right, I'm extremely busy these days! But in talking with my mom she says if I think I'm busy now to just wait when the baby arrives. She says I will know for certain what "busy" means at that time! :D

Take care of yourself!

Hugs,
Karen xoxo

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:50 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi Tiki,

Kidney stones start as a crystal in the kidney from mineral and salt build up. Usually the small crystals are carried out in the urine when it passes through, but when a crystal stays in the kidney, other crystals will stick to it, forming a "stone." Usually the stones can be passed (although extremely painful and miserable,) but if not, they have a way to break the kidney stone into smaller pieces to pass or they remove it altogether. Did your doctor tell you they passed or that there are more in there?

Surgery is pretty rare for kidney stones and I think you'd know if you needed it. Usually it's because the stone is so large it's blocking urine or causing bleeding, etc. If you are feeling minimal symptoms right now, I would assume that you either passed the stone(s) or are passing them with ease. Did your doctor give you a strainer?

I've never had stones but my Dad, who is build like a tank and has never been to the ER, had me call an ambulance when he had one. He thought he was dying, for reals. Kidney stones are really traumatic and very stressful on the body. This could be one reason you are feeling tired. It could be your body's way of recouping. You know when you get the flu, and when it's finally over you can barely move for several days because you are so drained? Kidney stones are no joke.

Of course, it's entirely possible that the sub is a little strong for you. I'm the first one to suggest a dose lowering, but in your case, it really might not be the sub. The good news is that if it is the sub, you'll either adjust quickly or you can lower it a bit if needed. Sub always gave me energy when I adjusted. If it is in fact making you sleepy and unmotivated, it could be the dose. However, if it were the dose, I'd think you'd also be getting other symptoms which are headaches, nervousness and sleep trouble.. which is doesn't seem you have.

Hang in there!

Last edited by tinydancer on Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:52 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Oh yeah, I'll state the obvious.. water is SO good for people in general, but especially people who are prone to kidney stones. I think it's been reported that sodas and sugary juices can be worse for stones forming. So opt for water whenever you can.. :wink:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 7:54 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey Tiki and Tiny,

I just wanted to second the info given by Tiny and add a couple things. My step-dad has had several very serius bouts with kidney stones. Tiny mentioned the two possible treatments for kidney stones if they cannot be passed on their own. The main method used is the laser treatment which breaks the stones up into smaller pieces. Honestly, this is by far the preferred method with most people. It's minimally invasive, and although still painful to pass the pieces, not nearly as bad as if you left it whole. The second option, surgery, isn't used much anymore. It has to be a very extreme case. My step dad has had many laser treatments over the years, and has had to have the surgery to remove extremely large stones 4 different times. They actually make an incision in your lower back, (near kidney) and remove it through the incision site.

Really the info I wanted to give was in reference to a few things to stay away from in your diet to keep them from recurring. The things Tiny mentioned are correct, any colored sodas, or sugary fruit juices are a big no-no. Also, being from the south, he has learned to stay away from sweet tea...that's a tragedy in this part of the country! Any tea or coffee is thought to contribute to re-forming stones. But, the one that shocked me when I heard it was.....PEANUT BUTTER!!!! Can you believe that??? His doctor told him this is a MAJOR no-no for those who are prone to kidney stones. I could go on and on about other non proven home remedies that he has tried...but the peanut butter thing came direct from the urologist.

This may not be of interest to you Tiki, and I'm sorry for kind of hijacking your thread here. But when I read the last post from Tiny it reminded me of the peanut butter thing and I wanted to share it.

Hope you are feeling a little better! I am kind of curious if you've made any progress as far as passing anything. I sure hope so! OH....just thought of this too! If you are having a really bad time as far as pain you can sit in a bathtub full of warm water. Evidently when you are submerged in water the kindey stone will float inside your body, thus alleviating the pain as long as you are submerged....

Good luck!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 8:16 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Brown Eyed Girl wrote:
Hey Tiki,

I really do think it's best for you to remain on the 12mg for at least a couple more days to give your body plenty of time to adjust to that dose. Then you can reduce if you feel ready and I bet that will make a difference in how you feel also.

It's entirely possible the 12mg is too much for you, and you will know when you begin reducing. Lots of people feel good on between 4mg and 8mg it seems. Once you get down to those doses I bet it will make a big difference in how you feel.

Sure hope you get the stone issue taken care of. That has to be on your mind all the time.

Your right, I'm extremely busy these days! But in talking with my mom she says if I think I'm busy now to just wait when the baby arrives. She says I will know for certain what "busy" means at that time! :D

Take care of yourself!

Hugs,
Karen xoxo

Karen

I can't thank you enough! You have been a consistent supporter & it means alot to me. Your mom is right LOL I am going to be a grandma (3rd time for me) again in Feb. This is their first & i tell my DIL the same thing LOL It's a wonderful busy though.

Hugs
Tiki

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 8:27 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

tinydancer wrote:
Hi Tiki,

Kidney stones start as a crystal in the kidney from mineral and salt build up. Usually the small crystals are carried out in the urine when it passes through, but when a crystal stays in the kidney, other crystals will stick to it, forming a "stone." Usually the stones can be passed (although extremely painful and miserable,) but if not, they have a way to break the kidney stone into smaller pieces to pass or they remove it altogether. Did your doctor tell you they passed or that there are more in there?

Surgery is pretty rare for kidney stones and I think you'd know if you needed it. Usually it's because the stone is so large it's blocking urine or causing bleeding, etc. If you are feeling minimal symptoms right now, I would assume that you either passed the stone(s) or are passing them with ease. Did your doctor give you a strainer?

I've never had stones but my Dad, who is build like a tank and has never been to the ER, had me call an ambulance when he had one. He thought he was dying, for reals. Kidney stones are really traumatic and very stressful on the body. This could be one reason you are feeling tired. It could be your body's way of recouping. You know when you get the flu, and when it's finally over you can barely move for several days because you are so drained? Kidney stones are no joke.

Of course, it's entirely possible that the sub is a little strong for you. I'm the first one to suggest a dose lowering, but in your case, it really might not be the sub. The good news is that if it is the sub, you'll either adjust quickly or you can lower it a bit if needed. Sub always gave me energy when I adjusted. If it is in fact making you sleepy and unmotivated, it could be the dose. However, if it were the dose, I'd think you'd also be getting other symptoms which are headaches, nervousness and sleep trouble.. which is doesn't seem you have.

Hang in there!

Tiny

Thank you for all the info. I have "multiple" stones in both kidneys. It's hard to know if i passed any because the can be so tiny. I had the "filter" (yuck) & just said F it after a couple of days. I did have the sleep issues & jittery feeling which was nasty. I have gotten 1 good night of sleep since i started sub. That doesn't help my pain, attitude or energy!

OMG-I LOVE peanut butter! PB m&m's, PBJ sandwiches, PB crackers...also have coffee everyday! Lots of changes in store for me i guess.

Thanks so much for taking time to post, it makes a big difference to me to have support from you guys.

Hugs
Tiki

Last edited by Tiki on Wed Sep 18, 2013 8:54 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 8:51 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi Everyone

Today i feel a bit better. I have less back pain & feel more stable on the sub. I am even going back to work today.

My insurance company is ridiculous..i was referred to a kidney specialist & they refuse to pay (saw kidney doc) until i see a urologist so today i see the urologist I am bleeding & that concerns the kidney doctor. I am never "by the book" LOL I am post menopausal for 20 years (early ovarian failure) so it's not that.

It has also been emotionally difficult for me. I have some big issues going on in my personal life but i have hung in there & am starting to feel better.

Happy Wednesday

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:09 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I sure hope you feel better Tiki. You are hanging in there like a real trooper!

Yup, happy Wednesday! :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWBhP0EQ1lA

Karen xoxo

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:48 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Karen

That link was to funny! Thank you...it really made me laugh :)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next