It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:13 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 7:48 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

just have a few questions. Ok i started taking sub on tue and i was reading on this site that the energy and i guess sorta high i wouldnt call it a high but i guess giving me energy and making me feel good go away. I have had so many different stories has to ya it goes away and other people telling me no it doesnt. Just think im scared that it will go away cause i feel so good right now no wd or any cravings to get a bag of dope. Guess everybody is different but jus wanted some imput o i am also prescribed 3 8mg a day but i really only take one and a half a day which my dr wants me to b at one and a half a day in a few weeks so guess im already there and wont have to worry about the taper or any wd but ya jus wondering about the energy and the sorta high it gives me and if it will last or not.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 8:03 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

When people talk about the "high" or energy going away, these things have NOTHING to do with cravings or your interest in using in my experience. I never had a "high" the first time I took it and my energy did subside a LITTLE but overall I still have energy and still felt great. Still didn't want to use. Try not to think about it for now. You just got on it. Enjoy how you feel now and make the best of it.

I did NOT have cravings on suboxone. Period.

Cherie

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 8:18 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

ya im not having any cravings what so ever which is great couldnt see getting clean without these things guess i am a chronic releapser though but i have never tried subs i have a cousin who was a worse h addict than me well used more daily and for a longer period and has been clean six months now which is amazing considering his cicrumstances actually now that i think about it on my dads side there r four of us well my 3 cousins from that side and we are all H addicts which is pretty ironic cause are fathers and mothers had probs with meth and we all turned out to like the complete oppisite thing lol

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:03 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I think the sort-of-high they're talking about is more of a "loopy" feeling some get when they first start taking suboxone. That does go away. I never had a burst of energy or anything, neither in the beginning nor after 15 months. But I've heard some people do.
And yes, once the first couple of loopy days goes away, you still shouldn't have any cravings. That will last throughout the subox treatment.

Just my two cents.

Melissa

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 1:59 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

i dono its not like a loopy buzz its more of a speed buzz and its always been that way on the subs even when i was doin h and i would get the subs bc i didnt have quite enough money for a bag or couldnt get a bag and had to resort to getting subs they did the same thing and i know some other ppl who do them when they cant find a bag or we and they say they get the same feeling but i have heard all kinds of different things from people on this forum which is really cool get to hear so many stories and there is alot of info to but thanks for the input guys apperciate it