It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:22 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 2:09 pm 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

can't remember where I posted this earlier. duh.

Day 6 off 75mg methadone for a year in a clinic I did my induction this am. I still didnt' have enough w/d I didn't think but I am sick of waiting and tomorrow go to methadone clinic to bring back bottles and don't want to dose there out of fear and w/d.

I took 2mg of subutex, then 2 hours later another 2mg. I feel ok. Not fab, but not as bad. Fewer sweats/chills, less restlessness. I might take one more 2mg dose.

i assume if pwd were going to happen they would have by now. It's been 4 hours since first dose of Sub.
More later.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 2:26 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I agree, I think if the P/W were going to hit they would have by now. I'm no doctor, but you may very well need that other 2 mg. 4 mg (or even 6) isn't a very high induction dose. How much did your doctor tell you to take daily? I believe the transition from methadone to suboxone isn't as easy as "regular" pain pills. So you might still feel crappy. You probably know this, but take a look at your pupils. If they are still dilated, it might help you determine whether to take more or not. Just a thought. But like I said, you probably already know that. :)

Thanks for the update. Keep us updated on how you're doing.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject: Very Good
PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 2:40 pm 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

What a HUGE move forward, You have to be happy and proud of yourself, I' cant even imagine the changes your making, be patience with yourself, Dont worry about anybody but yourself right now

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 3:56 pm 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

Thanks hat and sullimi so much for the support.

My pupils had never dilated at all during these 6 days. i swear, I must be someone who can tolerate wd or something. I don't know but I am grateful.

I am really proud of myself for doing this. I hadn't planned it at all. I had been thinking I should switch over since the judge called me junkie. I was fine on methadone, in recovery working my program, yet as I've said now off methadone I see how groggy I was. Cloudy and kinda pissy, too. I am a super happy person and I wasn't on methadone. I hated that.
So, maybe not planning and freaking about it helped. I just did it. Monday i took my last methadone dose and thought sick of this.

My dr called and said he thought I was out of the woods with pwd. and he thinks I'm being too cautious with the 2mg but oh well. He said to take 4mg this afternoon and another 2-4mg tonight if I need it. And then tomorrow I will take the entire dose i took this past 24 hours at once in the am. and that will be my dose most likely. I'd love to keep it low but I'd also rather be free and clean and normal too. I did have cravings on methadone for sure but i'd never use because it would be pointless. I didn't like having cravings. But I remained clean and sober for the past 3 years on methadone.

So far: total of 6mg taken in 2mg increments. I'll take another 4mg this afternoon. its subutex btw.
symptoms have pretty much abated but I don't feel normal. Like you said Hat it could be due to being on methadone vs. vicodin.

I'll let you know more.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 6:41 pm 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

It is now four hours since my last 2mg and I just took another 4mg (my dr called me and said to, he didn't want me to "get behind") and I will take another 2 later tonight.
Tomorrow I am supposed to add the total of these 24 hours and start with that dose. I see him in afternoon.
So far so good, except my parotid glands hurt massively when I eat anything sour (all I can eat are popsicles right now and I love the fruit lime ones) otherwise most symptoms are gone but I do not feel normal for sure yet. I know it might take longer after being on methadone.
Ok, I'll check in tomorrow with ya.

So anyone on methadone.....it wasn't that bad at all for me and I jumped from 75mg and waited 6 kinda long days to start sub using a couple of vics to help the symptoms(okd by my dr. I don't do anything without that ok) and then stayed off vic for 18 hours on day 6 without methadone and inducted myself.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 6:59 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Yay for chinagirl,

I'm glad to hear it seems to be working. Remember, as I'm sure you do, it might take a little bit to get stable.

So just hang on tight and keep moving forward.

I, for one, believe you will be much, much happier on the sub, just give it time to do its thing.

One more Yay for you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 7:01 pm 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

Thanks Romeo,
So far my dose is at 10mg. i took another 4mg after my dr called and told me to. I will take another 2 or 4 tonight and then total those up and start at that dose tomorrow am. No PWD!!! yeah.

I am so happy....I am not normal yet but i'll be patient. Thanks everyone!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 7:50 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Chinagirl,

I'm so glad to here from you, I have been cheaking your old post all day to see how you made out! I'm so glad things went well :!: How was your visit today?

Please feel free to ask any questions or just vent here I have found it so helpful.

Congratulations again :!:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 9:11 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

chinagirl,

I'm going to play with you a bit, OK.

You said, "I'm not normal yet, but I'll be patient"....I hope you have the patience of a Saint because your about as far from normal as I have ever seen!! HAAA

Totally kidding, thought maybe you could get a chuckle out of it...Lord knows you probably need one after what you have been through.

Love ya :wink:

Please let me know if I offended you and I'll gouge my eyes out or something to atone for it. :D