It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:20 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Start tomorrow
PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:53 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

So tomorrow I start my suboxone treatment. Its funny because my dream earlier was always to get hooked up thru a pain clinic and now im going to one; but to quit haha. Basically I always experimented with pain killers for the past 3 years, but it was never a lot. But around April or May I worked out a great 'setup' where I always had a bottle of 20 or 30 roxies that was constantly 'recycling' itself so I always got maybe 11 for free of the top of 30. Of course I quickly went from making money to being pinned out all day everyday and having the time of my life. Everything was great until my connection got fucked in late July, I was out a lot of money but still had a habit. I burned thru all of my cash and messed my life up.

I'm really excited to get straight and actually be able to save money. I'm feeling shittier and shittier with each passing hour though. I've taken suboxone before recreationally once so I know it'll do the trick.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 9:50 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hello apowerr and welcome. I hope you find lots of support and information on this forum just like so many of us have. I hope your induction goes smoothly and successfully. Please come back and let us know how you're doing. Again, welcome. If you ever need anything or have any questions, please don't hesitate to let us know. We have an online chat meeting once a week on Monday nights at 9 pm (ET) - I hope you'll be able to join us.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 12:50 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thanks, I already have found support lurking before I registered :).

But I go in an hour to my subox, but its been two days and I'm not even feeling that bad at all. I wonder if I should save money and just tough it out? I mean my tolerance was 60mg a day or so for a while but I've weaned myself down. Two days ago the last time I used all I took was two lortab 10s.

Idk, do withdrawals start after two days?

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 2:19 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Thanks a tough call. I suppose your withdrawals could be delayed. What do your pupils look like? Hopefully your doctor will be honest and tell you if s/he doesn't think you'll need the sub. Keep in mind that sub doesn't just stop the w/d, but it also will put an end to your cravings, thereby putting us in remission. No more drug-seeking behavior. Of course by the time you get this you'll probably already have gone to the doc. Please keep us posted. I'm curious to know what you decide to do. Either way you have our support.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 5:19 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hey, I'm just letting my sub dissolve now. By 5 I was feeling bad but not to bad, I let my doctor know I thought I might be able to do without as well. But he thought this best way to prevent me from using in a week or so would be suboxone. I had a high enough score on the withdrawal thing to get it to. So here we go I guess lol.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 10:01 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Hello Apower,

Wow, how exciting your 1st day in remission. I think you made a good choice. I wanted to welcome you to this forum it's great! If you have any questions fell free to ask, everyone here is so helpful! If your up and see this anytime soon a few of us are meeting in the chat room at 10:30 feel free to stop by! If not there are meetings every Monday night at 9pm, tonight is just an imformal chat a few of do that from time to time :) Welcome again I hope all is well!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:20 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

hancal106 wrote:
Hello Apower,

Wow, how exciting your 1st day in remission. I think you made a good choice. I wanted to welcome you to this forum it's great! If you have any questions fell free to ask, everyone here is so helpful! If your up and see this anytime soon a few of us are meeting in the chat room at 10:30 feel free to stop by! If not there are meetings every Monday night at 9pm, tonight is just an imformal chat a few of do that from time to time :) Welcome again I hope all is well!!!

Shoot I missed it, but I'll definitely check it out soon. Thanks all the support you guys :)

After taking the suboxone I realized I was feeling pretty damn bad before I had it hahaha.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 5:13 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Apower,

Hope you had a good day today!! I think were going to meet at the same time tonight if your around you are welcome to stop in and chat!! Wishing you the best :)