It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:23 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 9:10 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

First of all- :D I found an old thread reading through the site, just wanted to shed some light on it.

When I first got on suboxone, I had a horrible breakout in my mouth, at one point I had over 30 sores in my mouth. I couldn't talk, eat, or hardly swallow, much less drink water! It was the worst thing of my life and having gone through that much pain after a week of being off of opiates had me really thinking about relapsing. It got to the point where I couldn't put the suboxone in my mouth due to it causing severe irritation to the sores in my mouth. I was sitting talking myself into staying strong and off the opiates, at one point I broke down crying because I realized how much pain I was in and how bad I wanted off of opiates, but yet I wanted opiates so bad!

Before I got on suboxone I was a regular user of Morphine, liquid and pill form. Normally I would take around 250mg of morphine per day, very bad habit. I would crush down the pills, grab my trusty oral syringe and sucker' up, applying a scientifically correct amount of lube, I'd plug em' up. This was a great form of using Morphine as it has poor BA orally.

Anyways- When I got those sores in my mouth I had to find an alternative MOA, I tried dissolving the film into water and then taking it like a shot, GROSS! Worse than putting it under my tongue. I went back to my trusty oral syringe and proceeded to do my thang. I used 2ml of water per 8mg of Suboxone.

Much to my surprise this worked amazingly! I felt the effects almost immediately.

I went back to the doctor (suboxone doc is my PCP) to see why I wasn't getting any better with the medication I received from the other doctor in his office. He asked me if I had relapsed during this outbreak, I told him I hadn't relapsed but I couldn't take my suboxone under the tongue or on my cheek. I TOLD my doctor that I found an alternative mode, and that was to plug the suboxone. He was kind of shocked, as he was when I told him I plugged morphine habitually. He was actually surprised it worked because he said suboxone has to be taken orally, or it just doesn't work. I even asked him if it was okay for me to continue plugging it until I got better, he didn't have any problem with this... Maybe it was because I was honest and upfront with him, or maybe because it is a medically acceptable form of administration.

I agree, this is addict like behavior, especially in my case because I used to slam dunk (plug) so much morphine. Although I have not had a relapse, nor do I take to much of my suboxone, I take it three times a day as prescribed. Taking it in forms other than what instructed is addict behavior, I agree. In my case it was either take the suboxone, or go grab some liquid morphine and feel instantly better. I chose to stay clean and off that train.

Thats all I can think of for now, I don't expect to get much feedback on such an old thread, but I thought I would just throw it out there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 6:41 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Jackcrack/Cherie you sound like fun and to the OP if you have a medical problem that makes it difficult to go the sublingual route I don't see a problem with the rectal route. I'm OCD about how I dose I have to smoke first so I have cotton mouth and then keep it in there as long as possible. So I understand if it works the best in your mind then it works the best for you

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:44 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

I have a question about the Qtip method. Why could one not cut up the cotton and use one end of the swab to absorp the liquid, then just keep that under the tongue. you could cut the other cotton end off and it would look like you were enjoying a sucker and not "fixing dope"

also on the subject of plugging Sub, When it increases absorption does it increase the good affect. For instance I only take 1-2 mg sublingually, I took 4 or more once and I was very nauseated b/c it was to much for me the first time. I only had a 60mg Hydro/day habit. What I am asking is: would the increased absorption also increase the negative affects of taking more drug?

Thanks

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:20 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Talk to dr first lol addict behavior??? Do you drink coffee every a.m.? Thats addict behavior also. Get real most drs have only their own best interest in mind. Taking one med or another no different. People blow subs so far out of proportion. I've tried this pluggin technique but only with these laim film strips. So far had mixed results. One time it worked when my stomache was empty. After you eat dont ever think of using this plugg method. Basically its not practical for people on the go. I still feel the insufflation of tabs is 100 times stronger than any form of these laim films. Can you tell I hate these films yet. The fact that insurance only covering the film and they dont work at all is very suspicious to me. Conspiracy anyone? I've been on the tabs for 3 years for pain, real pain from massive trauma/surgeries etc. Now I stuck with these laim strips and no clue what to do. Tried everything so far but iv. Is the state really going to turn a normal guy into a iv user all because ins has been forced to get behind these bogus strips? Here a list of methods tried so far with film, with no possitive results.
1. Stamp method- wet the strip and stick inside nose. Clean nose first of corse.
2. Dissolve strip in 126 proof rum. Tried the cotton technique and syringe to apply directly under tunge.
3. Plugg method. Mix warm water with strip, syringe and up it goes.
4. Standard sublingal-booring

The plugg method kind of worked one time but really not work the work and grossness for such little difference to sublingal. The alcohol dissolve method did absolutely nothing for me at all. So basically I stuck taking the sublingal strips with horrible results. I like eating food and running around town. Having to sit still, not eat, not talk, not swallow for 30-50 minutes each time I dose 2-3 times a day because strips soooo weak is driving me insane. My guess is the pharma company producing suboxone have been told to weaken these strips in an effort to make them unattractive to users. This could have extreme consiquences maybe they have not considered. In my case will probablyvlead to starting iv use or just go back on real dope for pain. Cant win either way so whats the difference.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:10 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Ya I read reports that ethanol x subs solution had 50-70% ba. Not sure how they calculated this but I dont agree at all. Have trued to dissolve 2mg films in 126 proof alcohol and it only burns the crap out of my mouth with no results. They said the higher the alcohol percentage the higher ba will be. The problem high strong alc is that it evaporates extremely fast, specially when dealing with tiny cc amounts. My strip took firever to dissolve and by the time I mix it up barely anything left. Then as soon as you drop it in mouth with syringe it burns soo much your mouth immediately produces tons of liquid saliva. This cant be good. Basically I calling bs on this method after trying it multiple times.

As far as plugging, that is even bigger waste of time. First off the ba is only a small percent higher than sublingal so not really worth effort and gross factor. I tried this multiple times with horrible results. First you end up laying down for 30-60 minutes anyway using this method so its not a quick one. Then you have to stick something up your ass, extremely uncomfortable and gross and humiliating. Then 80% if the liquid leaks out one way or another so its very wasteful. Maybe if you jam syringe way way up there not a problem but I cant do that. If you have eaten food within 3-4 hours cant even think about this method. If you have any gas at all not going to work. End result you spill most of solution down your leg, waste at least an hour preparing/using, then get no meds in your system because most was wasted, and you just tore your ass up on top of the humiliation of tearing your ass up. Then you end up taking sublingal anyway and wasted hour and meds. This method is completely iff my list of ROA for film or tablets. Highly recomend not going there with the plugging, starfishing whatever you call it no good.

Post subject: Idea
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:52 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I have a great idea! I haven't tried it and don't plan on it. Anyway, cut a slit into a glycerin suppository and insert the suboxone film. Then insert into ass. I am assuming when suppository melts, so will the sub?

If they made actual suboxone suppositories, I would use them in a heartbeat

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:18 am 
This maybe redundant. But instead of using a q-tip and cotten ball. Why not put the film under your tongue and use high proof alcohol in a syringe to drop like 3 or 4 drops of it under your tongue. The same place the sub is. Then clamp down on your tongue and hold in place. I haven't tried it. But it seems for reasonable then using cotton. I dunno...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:53 am 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Ya that might work but the recipe says mix the strip in alc for 10 minutes until disolved. I always have to mix it up a bit then just pour it under tongue. It burns like a mofo and makes mouth water like crazy. Sometimes I feel it others times nothing. Hard to say if it good or just waste of time and bup. Still havent tried the alc dissolve with tablets yet. My next appointment coming up and hoping to get back on tablets or subutex. These films no good for me. Gave them a whole month and still think they extremely weak compared to tablets.

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 12:20 am 
One Month or More
One Month or More

I know I'm bumping an OLD thread but this is near the top of the search results on the topic.

I too am a nurse.

And I disagree with the previous nurse who stated that if it's not specifically formulated for rectal use then you shouldn't do it and it's addict behavior. I've been on sub for 3.5 years after years dependent on opiate for back pain. I've been administering pr aka "plugging" it for the majority of that time. It's extremely convenient. Take my morning medication in less then 1 minute or hold a mouthful of spit for 40? Seems obvious to me. I've even been able to lower my dose because of the increased a absorption rate. Sure it's off label. LOTS of drugs are prescribed and used in ways the fda didn't approve. Granted, I'm not prescribed this route of administration, but I feel no qualms doing it this way.

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 5:24 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Kind of odd, but interesting topic. As they say, "bend over and take your medicine" applies here! LMAO

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 10:28 am 
New Poster
New Poster

Response to an old one I know...I just want to say..the folks who say "this method is no good" etc. like their opinion is gold are being selfish and possibly preventing some people from finding their best route of administration. I understand it doesn't work for some people the rectal administration but for some it really works well and extremely well it works really well for me and also I cut my ghost literally down to a third of what was prescribed instantly when I used this form of administration so it really depends on the person and it really depends on the method I definitely don't find you to waste though but some people might. its up to the individual is all I'm saying.