It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:56 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 10:37 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

This is what pushed me to lurk no more - 3.5 years of heroin use with 20 months of sobriety behind me. Suddenly my dose (I try to minimize it, depending on symptoms) of 6mg-12mg/day (divided into morning and night, I'm a fast metabolizer) isn't enough.

To be honest, I don't know what it's like to have intense cravings. When I quit, I did it wholeheartedly and for me, this meant having no interest in continuing the path, lifestyle, damage, etc. I was doing previously. That pretty much beat down any fleeting moments of wanting to relapse that I ever had. Nothing difficult to manage, thankfully.

Do you have cravings on your stable dose? Has increasing your dose helped? Any CBT/DBT/'psych' techniques to support yourself?

It's important to note that lately (1-2 months) I've consistently been taking 12mg (and sometimes over on really bad days, seeing I have the excess from before - my doctor has been fine with this). Am I being impulsive? I've never felt any noticeable psychotropic effects from suboxone.. until I precipitated withdrawal when I was still fooling with my foot halfway in the door.. am I fooling myself to think the increase in dose isn't triggering my main dopaminergic pathways?

(I believe I'm aware of the ceiling and all implications, but I doubt I know everything you all know...)

I have no plans on relapsing and that's why I'm staying on my maintenance therapy, but then again, people rarely 'plan' a relapse, so I'm looking for every tool I can use to ensure that it doesn't happen, planned or unplanned...

Individuals who have a strong interest/experience in medicine.
New Suboxone doctor/psychiatrist/therapist in the Boston area.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 2:06 pm 

Nice to know that you've made the decision to stay on Suboxone for the long term. I too made that choice but I can change my mind anytime it suits me.

How about an update on your recovery?

r