It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:53 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Splitting 8MG tabs
PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 2:15 am 
New Poster
New Poster

Hello everyone i am a new member and was hoping for some creative minds to help me on this one.Because of insurance reasons i was not able to purchase the strips.I am on .25mg of bupe a day.I cant seem to split the pill into 32 even pieces.They are the hard round subutex tabs

Thank You
BTW I have already heard of the liquid taper method but is not an option for me for reasons i dont want to go intohttp://www.suboxforum.com/posting.p ... 3&p=79387#

Post subject: Re: Splitting 8MG tabs
PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:07 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

My only advice would be to buy a pill splitter, a good one. Either that or just take a larger dose of the bup only once a day or every other day to make your prescription last.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:17 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi Isaac and welcome to you here!

I agree that getting the pills to those tiny doses can be a real pain at times. I was on the film for most of my sub therapy, but in the beginning I was using the pills. I never had to get those pills to tiny doses, but several of my friends did and they had a clever way of getting them down to doses such as the .25mg you are at now. Here is what they did.....

All you need is a single-edge razor blade, a spoon (or something similar), and a piece of paper.

Using a single-edge razor blade an 8mg pill was cut in half to make 2 pieces of 4mg each. Then cut those in half to get 4 pieces that are all 2mg each. I'm sure you get this far just by eyeballing the cuts. It will be close enough.

If you are able, cut those pieces in half again to make 8 pieces that are 1mg each. If not then you can remain at the 2mg pieces to get the small doses you need. It can be difficult to get those 8 pieces.

What you do next is use something solid like the back of a spoon (or anything else) and CRUSH one of those 1 or 2mg pieces into a fine powder. Lets say for example you are using a 2mg piece. Crush that 2mg piece into fine powder on the sheet of paper. Then all you do is separate the powder into even piles by eyesight.

2 even piles would both be 1mg each. And 4 even piles would be .50mg each. From there it's a matter of splitting a pile further to get the dose amount (.25mg) you need! This may sound difficult, but I watched my friends do it and they made it look so simple. I'm sure if you take your time you can do it also.

To keep the powder safe for use later or the next day they used tiny pieces of aluminum foil to put it in. Make sure you mark it somehow so you know how much is in each wrapper or you may forget as that's easy to do. Or you can put the powder in an old pill bottle, or anything you think will work. You can even leave it on the paper, but take great care to keep it out of reach of those that may be harmed by this drug like pets and children!

Hope this helps Isaac and I wish you the best!

Karen

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:58 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I just wanted to let you know that I quit at basically 1mg and there isn't a whole lot of noticeable difference between that and going with anything lower. I have been told that 1mg of bupe is equivalent to 25mg oxy. Also told by my Dr that you only absorb 30% of an orally sublingual dose (8mg would be getting around 2mg+). hope this helps