It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:31 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 6:39 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi all,

I have been tapering since January and am getting close to the end.  I have heard about splitting the dose but for some reason I only did 2x per day & was fine until i got to about .75mg/day and woke up a few days feeling a little crappy until i had my morning dose.  Well just wanted to express how much difference it has made to split my dose into 3 as Dr. Junig mentions on his article "Stopping Suboxone" partially quoted below and full article here:    

http://suboxonetalkzone.com/stopping-suboxone/

He even suggest 4x in some cases But I have just been doing 3:  .125mg when I go to bed, .25mg a little after I wake up and .125mg late afternoon or early evening.  Well I have been just fine here at .5mg total and do not fear going down to my next drop in a few days.

Quote:
Dr Junig article:

"As the dose is lowered, the effects of buprenorphine become shorter in duration. So the person tapering buprenorphine need to not only take smaller amounts each day, but must also divide that daily amount into two, then three, then maybe even four doses to avoid withdrawal symptoms at the end of the dosing interval."

Another note about how I take these tiny doses (of films):  I put the little slivers below my front teeth where my gums meet the inside of my lip.  Like where chewing tobacco would go.  This makes it so the saliva does not wash away the sub and I know my doses are consistent. They dissolve quick to at these low doses and I can walk around etc..  Dr Junig has said that any membrane in the mouth will absorb the suboxone and I am proof because I actually have been doing this for quite some time.  Even 8 mg I would cut the strip in half the long way and put it on either side so I could go back to sleep for an hour and wake up ready to go.  

Hope this helps someone,

-glen b.

Post subject: Low Dose
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 7:29 pm 

Wow Glen,

That is really a low dose you are on and it makes perfect sense to split it up like that. The lowest I ever got was 1mg and if I took even a .25 more I'd surely feel it.

It is really good information for most of us who will eventually taper and jump. No need to be feeling crappy if you don't have to.

Thanks for the post.

Post subject: Great job Glen
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 6:55 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Keep the mindset positive.. with your ability to stick to your taper the jump will NOT be as bad as you think it is, In my opinion ... (Yes I know everyone is different)..

Just keep looking forward and don't look back.. IMHO nothing great in this world comes without challenge..

Good luck.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject: .375mg
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 5:48 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Thanks for the support guys. I'm down to .375mg (.125 3x per day) and feeling fine. Sneezing here and there but it's been cake so far. I just keep remembering being stuck on the toilet wanting to die during dilaudid withdrawal all the time and makes me almost look forward to being home for a few weeks watching Netflix instant feeling a little crappy after my jump. I'm very lucky because I get to stay home alone for my jump in a few weeks so i know that takes away the stress elements of my life that would probably make me have a justification (excuse) to put it off.

Thanks,
-glen b.

P.s. I have my daily doses recorded since starting to taper from 8mg in January. I will post that after I jump if anyone wants to see it. I will make a thread about a week after jumping.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:39 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Glen bee,

You have put in the hard work, you have remained disciplined and honestly, I'm in awe of you. I don't mean to jinx you, but I think you got this in the bag!!

I think setting a firm quit date is a good thing for you too. I did it when I quit. I painted myself into a corner and I had to jump, come hell or high water, on my quit date. I made it and I'm sure you're gonna make it too.

Rock On!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:32 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Thanks Romeo, means a lot.

Down to .25mg, so far so good. jumping this coming weekend, kind of excited.

Woohoo!

- glen b

Post subject: 3x Plus
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:45 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hey there,

In the end I would dose .125mg up to to 5x a day. I really would feel w/d if only done 4x. I got down to .125mg 4x before coming off of subs 70 days ago. I used SAOs for another month to ease the initial PAWS, so I am opiate free for 40 days.

I am on Zoloft and plan to be for 6 months. Also, I take Klonopin in the morning and evenings during the work week (2 more weeks of this). It HAS NOT been that rough of a ride, other than a few times on the weekend with nothing.....but still not too bad besides that damn insomnia. GABA, L-Theamine, and chammomile will still knock me out for a good 3 hours. Then I wake up and drink some kava kava and get another 2 or 3 hours. Not too bad. At times like these we need to do what it takes (carefully I might add), but it is a process. I am a 12-stepper and it helps me tremendously. NOW that I am off subs, I am honest about everything. While on them I only told my sponsor and a few trusted friends. There are a lot of closed-minded individuals in a supposedly open-minded fellowship.

Sorry for rambling. This thing can be done. Don't feel bad about splittling your dose like that. I may've even done it 6x in a day before. It was like taking an SAO for sure......up and down.

GOOD LUCK! We can all come off of this med if we so choose!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:40 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi Glenbee!! I was just checking in to see how you are doing... I know your jump is coming up this weekend, and I just wanted to personally wish you good luck. I know that you have been planning this and tapering since January! Way to go!!! You have been doing such a great job. I don't remember who said it, and I'm too lazy to look, LOL, but I too think you have this in the bag!

Keep us posted on how you feel for the first week for sure! I want to know how it all goes for you....for some reason I have a feeling that it's going to be pretty mild for you. I don't know why...Anyway, lets hope I'm right!

Again, good luck!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:33 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Thank you so much glen bee for posting this!! I was being really hard on myself lately, telling myself "Really, I think I need to go back to dosing several times a day, it's wearing off quick, I must have high metabolism or w/e"... and then I would say, "No!! Stop making excuses! Once a day is how it's supposed to be! You need to get over your habit! You have issues with cravings! It's all in your head".... And wow, am I sure glad I can stop that nonsense ;) lol! Oh yes, and the tip about putting the sub where you'd put chewing tobacco - GREAT tip! That's my other problem - unable to get away from people long enough to do my dose. I can't wait to do it tomorrow! My worst fear was that my quit date was the day after my big orientation for graduate school, which is a 9-hour event, and I didn't know how I would be able to do my dose and slip away for 15 whole minutes - I can't really hide in a bathroom stall that long lol. I am so happy you posted those tips! Those are 2 things that have been bugging me!

You have given me so much inspiration, along with the other posters on this topic, I was feeling so down lately and reading all of this really gave me the motivation I needed. Thanks :)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:47 pm 
I read your joint and sounds l ike your escaping the suboxone. Hey, thats cool. Cuz , it seem slike you want it. I just got one thing to say since im new here, dont wanna blab about bupkiss. For real though, shouldnt you take less daily doses towards the end of the taper instead of more. That just seems like a way to continue the suboxones mad control. Even if it is a tiny bit. Because listen. If you used to takin .5 two times a day then the next week you cut down to .35 but your takin it 3 times a day now. Seems like whoever came up with this wants the person to stay on their medicine. I'm sorry if you came up with this. But hey man, whatever works. You will do it if you want to. For me, imma stay right here on the subox-ferry for now. Feel me/ ha peace dogs

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:41 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

SuboxSaves wrote:
I read your joint and sounds l ike your escaping the suboxone. Hey, thats cool. Cuz , it seem slike you want it. I just got one thing to say since im new here, dont wanna blab about bupkiss. For real though, shouldnt you take less daily doses towards the end of the taper instead of more. That just seems like a way to continue the suboxones mad control. Even if it is a tiny bit. Because listen. If you used to takin .5 two times a day then the next week you cut down to .35 but your takin it 3 times a day now. Seems like whoever came up with this wants the person to stay on their medicine. I'm sorry if you came up with this. But hey man, whatever works. You will do it if you want to. For me, imma stay right here on the subox-ferry for now. Feel me/ ha peace dogs

I did it this way and am off of it seventy some days now. Sub acts like an SAO at that low of a dose....are you there yet? If not, just wait. If you choose to stay on subs forever that is fine, I am not judging, but I feel tons better now that the Zoloft is working (vs. being on subs) and I have been on it before and tapered off of it after 8 months easily. I look forward to a med free life, however I do agree that sub saves. It along with NA saved my life, but I don't want to stay medicated and after 3.5 yrs it was finally time to take the plunge. It was hell, but that hell is behind me now. Zoloft is working for depression and anxiety in this PAWS stage. The only thing I have is insomnia and sometimes I use meds (nights before work), sometimes natural herbs (weekends).

I dislike the people in NA who totally bash subs just due to the fact that THEY DID save my life. I was going off the deep end with 400-500mg methadone a day before I made the HELLISH transition to subs. That transition was far worse than coming off the subs. I went from that much done down to 80mg in about a month, then switched to subs and was living in a w/d nightmare for 5 days or so. I now know to tell people NEVER TAKE SUBS UNTIL THE OTHER DOPE IS OUT OF YOUR SYSTEM, especially methadone. That precipitated withdrawal made me damn near suicidal. Just the thought of it......

Post subject: BBC
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:49 pm 
i agree but my dr is givin me a hard time tellin me i wotn be able to get off suboxone. its so frustrating

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:56 pm 
And I didn't say you could be usin my words all like that. This aint 5th grade where you need to show sources bitch. hahah na I'm fuckin wit you

Ok, i can work with this. First Imma say 500mg of the MASTADON! fcuk me sideways. Its a miracle you got off that shit. Even a bigger one you got off the suboxone. I mean Im still on suboxon but only cuz i choose to. When i finally decide to get off, if i even do, then shits gonna go down. But why kill myself. Im cool with stayin on subs for lifetime and fuck it, whats the problem with that. I know i aint good with words and makin a clear smooth point but i got it in me. I need someone to help me here. All im sayin is suboxone does save . It saves if you take it everyday and thats even if its until the day you die. Fuck it. Sub maintanance, wtf wrong with that. Anyone else feel me?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:00 pm 
Yo look, why is that annoy you the doct. wanna keep you on the medicine that saved your life in the first damn place. dONt be arragont on thsi forum. Man read the fuckin rules

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:02 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I cut my dose into 3 equal pieces. For example: I take .25mg TOTAL per day now split into three small doses. I do not take .25mg three times per day. My dose is still going down at the same rate but I split to 3 times per day as to not suffer needlessly between dosing intervals. make sense?

SuboxSaves wrote:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:15 am 
Yea yea, I got u. Now is that more effective than takin it once a day even doe its the same mg's? See homie I just meant your brain is constantly saturating in buperenoriphine or howeva the fuck u spell that shit. if u be takin it more times a day. Thats my word .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 1:50 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I can't do this subject any more justice than the quote in my first post or article in the link, check it out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 2:23 am 
Abort convo o ok. Just thought i,d ask u man 2 man. New here so imma tryin 2 b personal butt u brushing me off,

Post subject: Just keep doin'.....
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:15 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

what you're doin' SuboxSaves and don't worry about that end taper shit and all that. Just dose proper and STAY AWAY FROM THE OTHER SHIT!! You are definitely on the right track for sure.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 8:31 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

glen bee,

This weekend is D-Day, right? Are you ready to KICK ASS AND TAKE SOME NAMES?!!?!?!!! :D