It is currently Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:10 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Friday
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:21 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I haven't posted the day yet in fear i woud chicken out but now I am. It's Friday. Friday will be day 1 no sub, yes I am ready I hope. The drop from .375 to .25 didnt cause any discomfort after 3 days.

Thanks again,

-glen b

Romeo wrote:
glen bee,

This weekend is D-Day, right? Are you ready to KICK ASS AND TAKE SOME NAMES?!!?!?!!! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:07 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hey glen bee,

Good vibes and wishes to you! I’ve been meaning to post to express support. I’m now on day 12 of no sub after having hit a wall when tapering from .50mg to .25mg. I stayed on .25mg for six weeks or so, extending the dosing cycle as time passed to every third day. I finally decided to jump and the only side effects now appear to be minor diarrhea and some difficulty getting to sleep (but good sleep once I do fall asleep). Other than that, I feel pretty damned good.

I wish you good luck! Sub has been a real blessing for me, allowing me to go from a 1,000mg/day hydro habit for years to being truly opiate free in less than 120 days.

SI

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:18 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey thanks for the vibes. I did try to jump but have since decided to keep tapering a little further. I was expecting it to be a breeze and although not the end of the world, it was more uncomfortable than I had hoped it would be. I'm not going to beat myself up over it and also I'm going to go see a doctor about getting some clonidine, everyone here who has taken it for their Jump seems to recommend it.

Also I went from 1.5mg to .25 pretty fast (about 5 weeks). I was only at .25 for 4 days when I jumped. I have continued my taper from there and will go down much lower. Diary of a quitter posted something in another thread about how when you taper slowly, your brain slowly learns to produce its own natural endorphins as you reduce lower and lower. So I'm going to take the advice from some of the successful people who tapered super low and jumped without much pain.

Thanks y'all,

-glen b

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 1:07 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Good Job Glen Bee.........

Way to stay "flexible"
I dont have much experience on the topic, but I wanted to say I look up to you for being able to extend your taper, to ensure continued sucess.

GREAT JOB so far, you can do this.
and I just read thru the whole thread again today, cuz I didnt really remember it, and the "on the floor from diluad w/d"
made me think of some times I had!!!! yowser, I dont miss them days.

Anyways, good luck man, you keep doing what you gotta do. :wink:

That's TRUE STRENGTH
http://almostoneyearclean.blogspot.com/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 4:37 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey Glen Bee,

Like Amber said, "Way to stay flexible!!"

Getting off of Suboxone isn't a race, right. You're trying to get off Suboxone and be successful in the long term, so, I think it's great that you're taking a little longer with your taper, I think that will only help you in the long run with achieving your goal of being Suboxone free.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 5:05 pm 
Thats what i did Glen, kinda, I said why do i HAVE to be miserable and uncomfortable? I get it, i used drugs but should i be a glutton for punishment? Make it as easy as possible, why not. I think with a longer taper it gets mind and body more prepared for what its like and going to be like. I am really interested in how you taper from here . please keep up posted on this. The lowest i ever tapered to was .15 mg every other day and that was for 2 weeks. It was somewhat smooth jumping for the most part. keep on keepin the hell on