It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 3:33 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 3:08 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

OK so I have been slowly tapering off of suboxone and am now at 8mg. I would like to speed up the process and was wondering how low I can go without feeling horrible. I am on day one of 8mg. My question is after a few days of 8mg can I go to say 4mg a day?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 3:35 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I am fairly new here so if I say something wrong please correct me . Now this is just my opinion based on my experience , going from 8 mg to 4 mg to 2 mg wasn't bad for me at all . I skipped a day or two without taking anything then take half of what you were taking before those 2 days . But i don't recommend doing that under 2 mg though . From my experience , you may have a different one , if you can get through the mental , going down to 2 mg isn't bad . By all means do it in steps though and listen to what your body is saying for sure .

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 3:36 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

HI Rusty,

There really isnt much of a difference from 24mg to 8mg. you can probably go down to 4mg without feeling any withdraw (physically). Mentally you might crave to take more but your receptors for the Subs are mainly all filled at 4mg.

once you get below 4mg-2mg, you will start to feel a change, just from my experience when I tapered. So once you get to 4mg, you might want to go slower pending on how you feel with each drop.

Good luck with your taper, there are many tapering plans here on this website.that you can look up here.

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 12:19 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Hey Rusty,
I 'll tell you Rusty, I went from 16mgs to 4 mgs in a couple weeks and have been there ever since. There is a wall here that is 40 feet high! lol And I can't seem to get over it.
And I believe 4mgs fill 41 to 47% of your receptors which is enough to stave off all cravings.
Below 4mgs and you start being below the ceiling affect of Suboxone. So below 4mgs, you start feeling changes and having mini "panic attacks" from anything out of the ordinary with your feelings, Mental and physical.
So I say 4mgs Rusty.