It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 4:28 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Southern West Virginia
PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 3:29 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

I'm having a hard time finding a doc that accepts medicaid that does not have a year long wait. Does anybody get their script off label? I have fibromyalgia and used to take narcotic pain medicine. It stopped working due to tolerance. When I came off all those meds I was still in pain and have not been able to hold a job since. Unfortunately I got a hold of some suboxone illegally, which works wonders for me but I can't buy enough to keep me stable. It makes me sick that the people I buy them from just get the sub to sell for their crack addiction, while I can't afford to pay for the cash only clinics. If they think limiting patients is helping the diversion problems they got it all wrong. Suboxone is like gold here where I live, and making it so hard to get only adds to people doing illegal stuff to get it. I'm getting off subject here, I was just wondering if anyone had any luck getting bupe for anything other than addiction?.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 6:03 pm 

There seem to be a few people on the forum who take suboxone for chronic pain reasons, but I can't think of their names off the top of my head. Also, I've heard that West Virginia is its own special case. I'm sorry I don't have any real answers for you, but I hope that others see your post and pass their knowledge along.

Welcome to the forum!

Amy

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 6:23 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I hope someone will jump in and correct me if I'm wrong, but if the bupe is being prescribed of label for pain and not for addiction issues, the rx can be written by any doctor, not only a data 2000 waived physician, meaning the Dr. writing doesn't have to have the special DEA number to write the prescription. that may help you since you mentioned the waiting lists for bupe programs, and them not accepting your insurance. with a regular doctor writing an rx for pain, they're wouldn't be a waiting list because the 100 patient limit wouldn't apply to that Dr. make any sense? hope that was some help.