It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:57 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 2:39 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

I just got out of the hospital from a relapse/ OD. I want to apologize about wanting to start up weekly meetings then go and do the exact thing I tell people NOT to do. I feel really bad right now and I'm going to lay down. Just wanted everyone to know that I'm not dead, and that I'm NEVER giving up my sobriety. This just makes me want to ,no need to, work harder to stay sober.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 1:25 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Are you ok? What happened? Do you want to talk about it?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:38 am 
I'm glad you're alive. How are you now? Tell us what happened when/if you feel up to it.
Don't give up - take this experience and try to learn something from it. Everyone here cares about you, so hang in there!

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:48 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Hang in there... it happens to the best of us. Please keep posting.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 12:35 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

We all make mistakes, your honesty means you are learning about what this process is all about.Just get back on your feet and really submerse yourself into your recovery. Maybe right now you need to focus more on YOU, and not running meetings. I am willing to help, as I said before-but you have to ask for help. Do not bite off more than you can chew because you wind up right where you are now.Take it easy, and let us know how you are doing!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:05 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Once again, I agree with shelwoy, if you need help, please just ask.
I am willing and so many others are willing to do what it takes to help you and everyone else who needs help.

Do not beat your self up for what happened, use it to learn. I hope you are doing ok and everything is working out. We are here for YOU!

"Have no fear of perfection - you'll never reach it." ---Salvador Dali

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:48 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

We just have to remember that this is a disease and it happens, its great that you took the time to let us know what happened, being honest is such a huge step. At least you realized what you had done was a mistake, hell we all have relapsed time and time again, its just part of this horrible disease..... and Im glad you have another chance at life, we are never promised to recover from a relapse and you are lucky you made it.Good luck to you and keep your chin up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:18 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

hang in there man. after going through that and still being committed to recovery shows you how serious and determined you are to bettering yourself

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:01 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Hang in there!! I think most of us relapse when we step in to the world of being sober. It took me three different times getting sober to really get it. So no worries your still alive and that's all that matters you now have another chance at life. Good luck it is possible

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:10 pm 
The original post here was from before Christmas. Anyone heard from jsp4th since then. If you're still reading I hope you're okay, jsp4th. I'll send a PM too.
I hate this addiction. What happened to jsp4th is a reminder to me that no matter how much you want to stay clean and no matter how many methods you may put in place to prevent it, relapse is just one bad choice away....for any of us. None of us is immune.
My prayers are with you jps4th no matter what is going on. If you read this....come back and tell us how you're doing. No shame from anyone here, just support.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 2:44 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Please don't think that anyone is looking down their noses at you. We all have doubts, relapses and feelings of self loathing when we backslide. You have the courage to admit to YOURSELF that you have had a TEMPORARY setback, and by doing so are one more step towards your ultimate goal of reclaiming your life.
Stick with it bro, you have friends here rooting for you all the way.
Sneaky

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:59 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Has anyone ever heard from him again? I hope he is ok...please make contact and know that we care.