It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:19 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:50 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Has anyone else experienced sores that start out like zits but turn into sores that look very similar to cold sores resembling little craters? I have been on Suboxone since Feb and have these sores all over my body. Other side effects that I seem to be having is the excessive sweating, blurred vision and extreme constipation. Do these side effects ever go away?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:39 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey blackdiamond - welcome to the forum.

I've never heard of the condition you're describing as a side effect of Suboxone. It sounds awful though. Can you go to a doctor? It sounds like something you really should get checked out - it might be a viral infection or an allergy or something.

Of the other side effects you mentioned, the only one I have personal experience with was the sweating - but for me that issue went away within the first few weeks of treatment. Lots of people around here have also dealt with constipation - in fact there is at least one thread dealing with just that subject. It seemed that most people were able to resovle that side effect by staying hydrated/drinking LOTS of water, eating veggies, fiber supplements, stool softeners or laxatives.

The blurred vision is definietly troubling as well. I don't really have any advice for that - but it seems like a pretty serious adverse side effect. Your vision is not something that you want to mess around with.

I really hope you'll speak to your doctor about these ongoing side effects. Some of them might be alleviated by a change in your dose - but you need to ask your doc before you do anything.

Best of luck and please come back and let us know what you find out. Take care.

-Jack Kornfield

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 6:18 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hello black diamond. I've never heard of sores from suboxone or as a side effect. The only thing I can think of is the long shot of having an allergy to something in sub. I think it's more likely that something entirely separate is going on. I, too, would advocate you going to see a doctor to have this checked out.

What dose are you on now? Constipation is a common side effect. Some people have found it to be less of a problem if they reduce their dose. But I would wait and talk to your doctor about your dose first. Some medications do cause the side effect of blurred vision. I don't believe it's a common side effect of sub though, but that doesn't mean you don't have it. Again, I would suggest you see your doctor about these side effects as well as the sores.

Take care and please let us know how you're doing.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 2:41 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

YES I HAVE!! I THOUGHT I WAS THE ONLY ONE

i feel like i am in high school again and breaking out in acne!!

268 days of sobriet..no booze or herb either, its all about wild cherry pepsi!!