It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:18 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: sore mouth
PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 3:40 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Has anyone had a problem with sore mouth while on sub? I have been on sub for one year taking three two mg doses a day. My doc also prescribes it to me for pain. I would like to start doing only one dose per day as I see many of you are doing. Suggestions about how I can best succeed at this are greatly appreciated. I have been thinking of tapering off totally mostly cause of the sore mouth and the expense.

I am so grateful that I found this site. My sub doc suggested it to me long ago but I did not follow thru till now. I had a few days earlier when I ran low on sub cause of the expense and had some w/drawals. Scared me! Lots!!! That is why I finally decided to check out this site.

I am attending drug education classes that are court ordered cause of a DUI I got while driving on w/drawals from opoids. The class instructer thinks that since I am still on sub that I am not recovering.

I have so many things to post, but will take lots of posts and many pages so thats all for now. thx.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 4:40 pm 
Sorry to hear your having problems stanna!! What exactly do you mean by your mouth is sore? Sore how? As for taking sub once a day, well people taking it for addiction usually take it once per day. As for you, since you said you take it for pain its quite common to take sub multiple times a day. Usually even higher doses than you are taking. That blows my mind that you got a DUI because you drove while in withdrawals. I've never heard of that. Did they give you any field sobriety test or a breathalizer? What did they base their case on? Also, im very sorry to hear that your class intructor tells you your not recovering. Its not true and im sure you know that. Recovery comes in all shapes and sizes. I would not pay it any attention and definitely dont let it discourage you. You are in recovery and congragulations on a year in recovery!! Its such a great feeling!! Well, im not sure if i've helped you in any way but others will come along and give their thoughts also. Welcome to the forum!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 5:01 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Any response is helpful. I have had a sore burning tongue and lots of cavities especially since sub. Also started smoking again about the same and wonder if combination of the two. Working on getting rid of the nicotine and drinking more water.

I did fail the sobriety test. Never told cops I was in w/drawals. I was booked and blood tested and of coure I had opiods in my blood. The rest never mattered. I should not have been driving, I agree, but wonder if I had told them if they would have taken me to hospital (that is where I needed to be) or to jail as they did. I believe they would have taken me to jail.