It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:25 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Soooo tired....
PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 11:34 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

So I started sub maintenance a little over a month ago. I'm on 4mg, once daily. The doc offered more but I had done a two week taper when I started treatment from 4mg and down and the 4 seemed to stave off the w/d's, so I decided to go with 4 rather than going higher. At first it was great, but after a couple weeks I started waking up in a sluggish haze. Which can take till noon or so to fade away. Sometimes caffeine helps and sometimes it doesn't do anything. And I really don't want to up my caffeine intake. I eat healthy foods, drink plenty of water and take vitamins. I also have two children (7 & 3) so I get plenty of excersize with our daily activities. Really don't know what to do or if it has anything to do with the sub or the dose that I'm on. Has anyone else experienced this or have any advice?

Post subject: Re: Soooo tired....
PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 2:25 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Justmeyer,

Suboxone does make me a little drowsy, but nothing severe...not like when I had to take clonidine. Maybe you could try cutting your dose to 2-3 mg to see if it still prevents the withdrawal but has less of the side-effects.

Let us know how you do.

Thanks,
Morphing

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 3:39 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I don't get tired during the day after I take my dose.. So I wouldn't imagine that the dose is too high. I've been on high doses of methadone and obviously high doses of my doc and it's not like that. I don't know, maybe I'm just not sleeping well. Was thinking that possibly four wasn't quite cutting it. Learned some more efficient ways of dosing so on going to see if that helps at all. If not, maybe something else is wrong because most nights I get ample sleep. I've tried sleeping longer, going to bed earlier.. But I keep waking up in a daze for the first couple hours. Want to get it figured out before I start school in a little less than a month. That's right, finally going to college!

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 4:15 pm 

Hey Just,
Youare still stablizing somewhat offyour drug of choise and on to bupe. I wouldnt mess with dosage now, to early. Only been a month.
Ive triedto figure out that tired or heavy feeling as ive woke up, and I just seem fine after tea and a shower. For some folks that I know here in town they all have a morning grog..

My 2 cents, and once you start moving around its fine, it is with me anyway...