It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:00 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 3:17 pm 
Thanks DOQ, Hat and Romeo for those thoughtful replies!
I'm still doing well......taking it slow and easy, but making progress to joining DOQ, Romeo and all the others here who have stopped Sub and done just fine!
I'm down to ~0.5mg doses at this point. Can't be exact as I'm still just breaking tabs as best I can, but definitely under the one milligram mark. I have gotten here by just staying at 1mg for a long time and beginning to skip some days here and there, eventually making the drop to smaller pieces of medication about a week ago. I didn't take anything yesterday so by this morning I was feeling some deep achiness in my legs.....man, I hate that! When that happens for me, I know that I'm in significant enough withdrawal......the runny nose, sneezing, yawning I can handle, but that deep pain in my legs scares the living crap out of me!!! I know it's different for everyone, but I thought I would die, or wanted to at times, because that pain was so severe when I went through cold-turkey w/d from full agonists before.....I just can't take it!! So anyway, when that was setting in this morning I dosed with my tiny little piece of ~0.5mg and felt better within an hour or so.
I have no plan.....still as to when I'll finish. I believe I will know when it's time. I've got something like #25 of 8mg Suboxone left so I could go on like this for quite a number of more months if need be. My hope is that it won't take that long, that I'll be done and still have several tablets left over! Whatever.....doesn't matter. Every day at this point I'm one day closer to being FREE! Over all, I'm feeling fine with it....confident and positive. I can definitely feel 'healing' or a gradual return to 'normal' functioning in my head. I try to kind of visualize my opiate receptors being 'freed up' or opening when I feel a bit of mild w/d or get scared about the process. It seems to help me. I think someone else has talked about it....kind of embracing the process....knowing that it's working for the greater good or whatever.
I have come to believe that until you've done this......tapered way down on buprenorphine after being on it a while, you cannot really understand the difference. Like, on higher doses of Sub, I always felt like I was 'fine'.....feeling my feelings and all that....and I was, certainly to a greater extent than while on agonists. However.....not like I am beginning to now, while getting the bupe out of my system. It's difficult to describe, but there is a difference.
Anyway....that's where I'm at. Thanks to all of you for support, encouragement, prayers.....Please keep it up! And I know there are many who are working on this with me, or hope to at some point. My best advice is to get that dose down as soon as you're stable and your doctor says it's okay. I believe that being on 2mg or less for all this time has been of some benefit for me. Perhaps making it a little easier to come on down. Then again.....I'm probably the slowest taperer in the world at this point!! Ah well......I'm getting there!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:11 pm 
Not sure the best way to do this.....I believe I'll end this thread by saying that my taper has been aborted. I will start a new thread and call it "An update and a warning."
Although this has not ended as I had hoped, I want to thank all of you here who have supported me and encouraged me with my long, drawn out taper.