It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:58 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:30 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

We are here because we have an addiction problem or chronic pain problems. We are taking subs and we seek counseling and whatever we can do to win this fight.

However, I don't know how many of you feel like I do.

here is what I am trying to say:

I have financial problems that keep me up all night. No matter how many times I add and add the total is always the same.

I have medical problems and I am scared to death of having another surgery or amputation and don't know when & if it could happen.
I think it must be difficult fighting addiction & having these other things stressing you out. When things are kind of financially stable(when I can borrow money to pay a bill) I feel better. Sometimes I wonder if these stresses make me want more sub or that's when I relapsed. So maybe subs is not causing my insomnia or my depression. It's the "Other" stuff.

Just had to vent on that. It's hard enough fighting the addiction. This other crap defintely does not help.

queenie

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 1:44 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I think those are very good points and excellent questions that we don't discuss nearly enough on this forum. I don't have the answers for you, but those are the things I talk about with my therapist and I have learned a lot and keep learning. The best tip I have learned to deal with these stressors is meditation. It isn't just meditation, but the concepts behind a lot of it. Living in the moment and in your environment and not in your head so much I guess. I have learned over time not to stress or to worry as much about things I don't have control over. For example, if I was in a financial bind, I would try not to worry about it right now because it is late, I am going to bed soon, and there is nothing I could do to fix my finances this evening and therefore, why bother thinking or stressing about it. Instead, I should try to enjoy whatever it is around me right now in this moment. There is more to it but that is kind of how I think of it.

A couple really good books are "It's Easier than you Think by Sylvia Boorsstein and "When Things Fall Apart" - author I will find later. Both are an easy read and very inexpensive. Although if you are having financial problems spending money on anything would probably just stress you out worse.

I'm not saying my life is free from worry because it isn't. I just handle it differently these days and feel differently about it. I think this is key to me NOT relapsing.

Hang in there. I know you have a whole hell of a lot going on right now. I can only imagine.

Cherie

- Winston Churchill

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 5:13 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Thank you Cherie.

God Bless you.

Queenie

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 1:40 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I know 100% were you are coming from Q. I also have problems outside of addiction that I had b4 addiction. I have a very serious case of Obsessive Compulsive Disorder to the point where I’m on such a crazy horse pill combination sleeping pill so I don’t lay awake at night cause my mind is racing the race of its life and I can’t even think of sleeping. And that’s when addiction comes into play of wanting more pills to numb the pain or smoke weed. I used weed for so long to help with my OCD that once I quit to take my recovery serious that everything went back to the same old shit. My point being I had these problems b4 addiction and I’ll still have these problems after addiction so yes addiction isn’t always the problem just cause we are addicts does not mean that we don’t have the same problems like everyone else.

AND I THINK ALOT OF NON ADDICTS THINK THAT JUST CAUSE WE ARE DRUG ADDICTS THAT WE DONT HAVE THE SAME LIFE PROBLEMS LIKE EVERYONE ELSE IN THE WORLD. Or it could be just me but alot of people i hear speak in my chemical dependancy classes think this way.