It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:15 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 1:15 pm 
Christin - you sound so much better. I know what you mean about the praying. I used to not want to pray because deep down I didn't WANT God to remove my desire to use - I just wanted to use. Good job working through that, and thinking your drug use all the way through to the end.

Queenie - it sounds like you're being awfully hard on yourself! Lots of people continue to use or abuse drugs into their 60's & 70's, but you decided to take control of your life and get on Sub - I think that's a positve step. You've spent most of your life working and caring for other people. You deserve to kick back, rest, recover and take time for yourself. Just be careful of isolating especially if you're depressed. I saw that you got some good feedback on that in another thread. Hang in there, and keep posting - it's very therapeutic.

Take care,
Lilly

Post subject: Doing better
PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 2:35 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi, I actually am doing better today. I realized that I was feeling depressed because of a lot of unsolved issues. I. No money to pay to & from dr. 2. No money for rx co-pay. A few other things that are hard for me to do as far as mobility is concerned.My daughter took 2 things to do for me. My cousin's wife called me & said" You are having difficulties? How much money do you need? Whatever you need". And even brought it to me Now that I feel better, I realize it was the problems. So the subs are working fine because I took my a.m. dose. & I feel fine & happy. Now if my new dr. would call. My rx needs to be refilled by wednesday a.m. Thank you all for your patience & support. We can do this!!! Love & hope, queenie

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:11 am 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

wow i read this and felt like i should of wrote most of it. i am struggling and dont know why. i took extra sub today, even tho i went thru that last month and regretted it at the end of month. why cant i start on recovery? i do want it. i am trying to find what is right for me to help start the process of learning new behaviors. i had an awesome day, it was when evening got here and the darker it got outside the darker i felt. i am going to continue to read posts. i am searching for the answers. some one to point and say its over there go get it. why cant it b that easy lol. i really need to work on myself. not sure what triggered me just know it was there, the strong desire to use

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:59 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Jackcrack wrote:
christin wrote:
Maybe you all know what I mean when I say that the thoughts are like thinking about how much you need to breathe when someone’s trying to suffocate you

Christin,

You express the feeling so well! I am going to put my personal opinion out there for just a moment and you can take it or leave it (I won't be offended either way). I disagree with your doctor's philosophy on trading one drug for another with suboxone. I do not think of suboxone like this at all. I am taking a drug in order to remain in remission from addiction and without this drug, my disease of addiction will return full force. The "trading" philosophy suggests there is a choice. You accurately equate a craving as being suffocated of oxygen. A necessity for life. What choice is there in that? You aren't imagining that sensation. It isn't in your head. It isn't because you have some character defect that makes you think of it that way. It is chemical and biological and choice. A healthy choice. Either way.

The doctor is 100% right here. I believe This "drug " is a opiate and it's keeping us ADDICTED, you addiction in " remission" is not in submission, you are currently addicted. I'm glad your tapering down because we're really just trading an illegal opiate for legal opiate we get fom the pharmacy. I've been addicted 2 yrs and it's enuf , I'm tired of being a slave to suboxone and it's time to taper off this drug!we finally want to be free from these orange handcuffs!Slow and steady wins the race. Good luck!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 3:35 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

The doctor is 100% right here. I believe This "drug " is a opiate and it's keeping us ADDICTED, you addiction in " remission" is not in submission, you are currently addicted. I'm glad your tapering down because we're really just trading an illegal opiate for legal opiate we get fom the pharmacy. I've been addicted 2 yrs and it's enuf , I'm tired of being a slave to suboxone and it's time to taper off this drug!we finally want to be free from these orange handcuffs!Slow and steady wins the race. Good luck![/quote]

To me it seems like this person that posted before me is that "NoAlibi" or "Ironic" person again. Everything this person says is either to start drama or give the wrong info or to down someone on choices they've made or problems they're having. Nothing Ive read from this person comes across as supportive or helpful at all.. If you dont believe in using Sub or are against it in any way then maybe this particular site is not the right one for you.. Us here are happy with our choice to be on Sub and are just looking for CORRECT information or some kind of support and you clearly are not here for that. Ive been disturbed by a few things and def. offended by a few things you have said, Not to mention some things you have said is misinformation and can be clearly proven wrong by accurate sources. Im not trying to be mean or cause a problem, I just think with knowing what this site is about and what everyone is trying to do here and then seeing where you are coming from that maybe you would be better off at one of those anti-sub sites. Its not fair to those that come here happy with their choices and post about them, then you come along and say the things you say. In almost everything you have posted you have broken at least 1 forum rule. Nobody comes here to be criticized or told they are wrong, maybe if you do wanna stay at this site then you could just put a little more thought into what you post next time and be respectful of the people here.

*Battles are fought everyday, some you win & some you lose..Addiction is a war & every second you're still alive you're winning that war..*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 10:47 am 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

i just wanted to write that it has been okay the last couple of days with struggling with the urges. i really do find that if i occupy about half an hour with dishes or reading some of the posts, that the strong urge subsides some what. i am now keeping track on how often these feelings come and yesterday was so busy that i not once felt like i was failing. i really need to learn new habits because the sub is doing its job i just think i am needing to do mine a little more. i have been on a detox/maintenance since the end of feb. but used opiates/others for 25 years. there is a lot of living i need to learn lol. ty for subtalk zone.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 3:12 am 

Sodone wrote:

To me it seems like this person that posted before me is that "NoAlibi" or "Ironic" person again. Everything this person says is either to start drama or give the wrong info or to down someone on choices they've made or problems they're having. Nothing Ive read from this person comes across as supportive or helpful at all.. If you dont believe in using Sub or are against it in any way then maybe this particular site is not the right one for you.. Us here are happy with our choice to be on Sub and are just looking for CORRECT information or some kind of support and you clearly are not here for that. Ive been disturbed by a few things and def. offended by a few things you have said, Not to mention some things you have said is misinformation and can be clearly proven wrong by accurate sources. Im not trying to be mean or cause a problem, I just think with knowing what this site is about and what everyone is trying to do here and then seeing where you are coming from that maybe you would be better off at one of those anti-sub sites. Its not fair to those that come here happy with their choices and post about them, then you come along and say the things you say. In almost everything you have posted you have broken at least 1 forum rule. Nobody comes here to be criticized or told they are wrong, maybe if you do wanna stay at this site then you could just put a little more thought into what you post next time and be respectful of the people here.

Amanda, I just want you to know that you are not alone in feeling this way. I can't imagine that the previous poster feels at home here, although she would be if she adjusted her attitude to be more supportive. I can only guess that she enjoys stirring things up and causing drama wherever she goes. I'm keep trying to let her posts slide right past me. I get the feeling that others are outwardly ignoring her as well, and I know that the mods have been taking her to task when she breaks this forum's rules.

Amy