It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:12 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Somethings gotta give
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:04 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Hi there i have been using ivheroin for about 4 years and in the last year have taken sub 4 or 5 days out of the wk and almost always giving into the temptation on thursday (payday). I use. Get clean and when the cash hits my hand it atarts burning a hole in me. Im fed up , also unfortunatleyi atill have to buy subs off street each week. I think if i saw a soc and gota supply it would help bcause i love subs for making me normal anybody else? Can u relate?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:05 am 

Hi Ian,

I do think you should start seeing a sub doctor if you are serious about wanting to stay off heroin. You are using some sub to stave off withdrawals, but it's probably not a therapeutic dose and it doesn't have time to stack up in your system. Therefore, you don't get the benefit of reduced cravings. I think it would be much easier to succeed if you were taking a steady, higher dose of sub. When I was induced on sub and given a therapeutic dose, I stopped obsessing over getting high. It makes a huge difference in my recovery that I wasn't feeling withdrawal symptoms, but wasn't craving either.

Being under the care of a sub doctor also means that you are often compelled to get some sort of therapy to help with understanding the reasons you became addicted. My addictions counselor gave me practical ideas on how to regain some normalcy in my life. You could also start going to a 12 Step group, or another support group. And a lot of people use this forum as a recovery tool as well.

I wish you luck in breaking the cycle that you're in. I know it's hard to make that leap, but it's soooo worth it!

Amy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:04 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I used to buy Suboxone on the street for a couple years before I saw my own doctor and did my own recovery. It's not as hard as it seemed to get a doctor.

The point is, if you want to get over your addiction you should. Suboxone has helped me for the last year after doing various opiates for 8 years. It's the start of a wonderful process. It's not completely easy but it's the first step into getting where you want to be. I am grateful for it.

I've gone through the vicious cycle of using and not using. But now I am stable. The stability is important to me because I'm not up and down all the time and now I can live a somewhat normal life until I can taper down and live a normal life without medication.

Good luck, there should be some good resources on here about finding a doctor. I thought it was impossible until I actually called a couple of places. The second one I called set me up for an appointment and here I am today over a year later. It was the best thing I've done in a long time. I've really improved my life in a lot of ways. I don't spend my time hunting dealers down or being sick. Instead I've started working and attending college again.

If you are tired of the cycle then try and find a doctor. There are a lot more steps that just that though. Hope that helps.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:13 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Money is a huge trigger for a lot of people. Most employers offer direct deposit -you should definitely try it. If you absolutely can't, then deposit your paycheck in a bank immediately. Shop around for a free checking account - most of them offer online banking where you can pay bills electronically and not have to handle cash at all. You can get a debit card for gas, food, etc., but be careful with it. If you do succumb to temptation and withdraw money for drugs you can later look at your bank statement and see exactly how much money is bleeding out. Seeing in in print like that might give you more motivation. I know people in recovery who have a trusted family member hold their debit cars for them. Taking cash out of the equation can be a big help. I wish you the best, and I agree with the other replies that finding a doctor is a good idea. Keep us posted on what you decide to do.
Lilly