It is currently Thu Aug 24, 2017 7:09 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: If someone can help
PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 3:26 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hi I'm doing this alone. I would love a friend, I came clean about this addiction I have been hiding for a year. A little history I had sciatic while pregnant and still after giving birth. I was put on perc right after birth bc I was bottle feeding and not 15 months later I'm trying to get off for good. I came clean to my husband and family in hopes for support last time I went C/T and was very supportive then 2 weeks later I was treated like this horrible addict, which I know I am but I didn't buy them or dr shop only had one dr that was giving them to me and then started taking more when no longer in pain and then lied that I was in more pain to get more. I have a therapist that I go to weekly and she is wonderful but no one else to talk to. I know I'm a mother of 3 young children that need me and I feel awful already and all my husband has done is make me feel worse. Called all my drs, locoal pharmacy and hospitals saying I'm a drug addict and to red flag me. I didn't know he could do that but needless to say I want to quick bc him doing that just brought out a child like behavior and I went to new dr and starting taking more then ever. Sorry for the rant I got sub from my pshyc dr and she wants me to take 8mg 2 times a day but I don't want to I just want enough to get through the sever suicidal depression I had. I worry bc suicide does run in my family and I don't want to be hospitalized I was close before so I want to do the sub for that reason. Can I break sub in 8 little 1mg pieces and just take that for a week and then every other day till I get off like only 2 weeks? I just know people that I have read stories and on my more then me don't even take 16mg a day so I don't know my dr would want me to. Any help would be greatful thanks!!

Post subject: Re: If someone can help
PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 3:32 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Iza Bunny,

My story is almost the exact same as yours. Don't worry about taking the 16 mgs a day. That is what I started on. Our stories are almost the exact same down to the husband thing. I was on sub for 2 and a half years and am now off for 14 days and feel amazing.

How can I help?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 3:43 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

My whole issue started with being prescribed pers after a c section. Then I suffered a bracial plexus injury and was put on tons of pain meds by the same doc. I never doctor shopped or anything. Crazy how similar our stories are. I literally reached out to my family and begged them for help saying I was addicted. My husband was not very supportive at all but now things are so much better.

Hang in there

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 4:58 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thanks yes it's very hard when your treated like a awful person when I'm sure you like me and everyone else by time we get to the point where we want to stop we all feel horrible enough by ourselfs about ourself. I just read so many stories all different so it makes me confused on how to go about it.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 7:11 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

IzaBunny,
Sounds like you have multiple issues going on at the same time. Please do not be hard on yourself. You can feel better and you have a little one counting on you, but first you do need to take care of you and everything else will fall in place after. I am not a doctor, I can only give you my opinion. You certainly have an addiction issue as well as what seems to be a very serious mental or depression issue. Please give your suboxone a chance to help you get stable. First be sure you are in moderate withdrawal from your percs ( usually at least 24 hrs ). There is a scale called the COWS scale to help you determine your withdrawal point. You need to be in moderate withdrawal so that the suboxone works right. I would take a small amount at first 1-2mg, wait about 90 minutes then add 1mg, wait again until you feel much better. The suboxone might not only help your withdrawal, your cravings for percs, it might help with the depression as well. Read many peoples real life experience in this forum. Its full of information that could certainly help you.
You might even find some support at home if you can be stable on the suboxne and the people around you see that it is working and you are not going after the percs anymore. Who knows? Yet, you need to take care of you first. Give the sub a shot. Just my opinion, trying to help.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 8:57 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thanks everyone for the support. I started today but broke it into 8 so about 1mg, it took away most of my systems didn't make me tired but my eye leads where heavy and I was alittle moody and irritable. Hopefully I will get back to my "normal" and be able to tackle my real issues and get my life going again.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 9:43 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Please keep us posted, there are many people here that will try to help.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:57 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Izabunny,
How are you doing? Whats up. Love to here from you.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:50 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I had to stop the suboxone, not happy about it but my side effects from it made it so bad worse then when I went cold turkey. I was in a rage all the time didn't want to be around anyone. Most horrific is I'd snap at my kids for everything and that is not me at all, they are the only things in my life that make me happy. I have meeting tomorrow with psychiatrist not sure if there is anything else she can get me on. Can she prescribe percs for what I have been reading about a taper down method? I had a dr till my husband called saying to red flag me but I have no idea where I can go to do that method. I see so many people on here that get hooked on much stronger meds but I always have felt dr don't like to prescribe anything.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:13 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Izabunny, Too bad the sub did not work. Were you at least 24hrs off your percs when you induced? I was taking up to 120mg of oxycodone a day, on occassion even more. I certainly want you to be successful, I tried to taper the oxy, I was able to get to about 50mg a day but what I did not like was that I craved more.. All I am saying is that its very hard to taper the oxycodone, usually people who do so end up taking more, and then what? It is possible with the right setting, as long as somebody else is giving you your daily dose and you are not in control. I really do not want to sound like I am preaching, just want to help. I am not sure if the psychiatrist can prescribe percs. Maybe you could try subutex? Please get to a knowledgeable doctor for help. Lets us know how you are doing, bounce things off people in the forum, you will be amazed of all the true life experiences many people have had here and they can help.