It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 12:07 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:17 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Hello everyone i am brand new to this site and am so happy i can finally get answers concerning suboxone for i have just started suboxone maintenance (sorry for mis-spelled words) my first question is.. i have been on suboxone for a little over a month and i think its an amazing drug it truly saved my life, i am wondering how many months or years, just how long it takes for the tierd, nodding out affect it has on me to stop, or if it ever will. i dont really mind it, i notice that when im active when i take it i can manage to stay awake and have energy but if im still or watching t.v ill nod out 30-60 minutes after taking it.
Also i notice my pupils constrict like opiates made them do. is that normal? i know bupe is an opiate or w.e. but did not expect it would do that. will that always happen as long as i take suboxone? O yea, im currently on 8mg once a day, sometimes i take 2mg if i feel anxious bout using at night n of course have to make due with less the next day..but anyway just wanted to let you all know how much im on.
Thanks so much!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:25 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

If you are nodding out you might be on too high of a dose. When I very first started Sub I had been trying to detox on my own for a while and my tolerance was way down. The doc started me on 12mg and I started nodding out driving (with kids in the car *cringe*). I probably should have been on about 4 mg. What were you taking and how much prior to starting Sub?
Also, my eyes have been pinned since day one. My daughter comments on it and it bugs the shit out of me cuz I feel like I look high all the time.
BTW welcome to the forum.
Lilly