It is currently Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:18 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 11:26 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

I have paid for 90 Generic 8MG Subutex a range from $262 to $1008 at pharmacies :shock: ! To me it is so sad that these
Companies make it even harder for those of us in recovery.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 11:35 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Fu**en drug dealers. Straight up.
What gives?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:40 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

My suboxone (8 mg tablets) is covered by my insurance and I pay a $20 copay, but it does say right on my script how much the retail price is. I get 90 tablets per month and my whole script retails for just under $1000.00. That's nearly $10 a pill! I really, really feel for those of you who have to pay cash. My husband and I are retiring in under two years and I worry that our insurance will change or when we move that I'll have trouble finding a new sub doc to take my insurance or whatever and I won't be covered anymore. But I'm worrying way too soon.....

I just wanted to share with you what prices a Walgreen's in mid-Michigan has.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 4:02 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

That is totally cRaZy I had no idea that it was that exspenive. I'm on medicaid and I pay 3 bucks But I will be getting another insurance when my husbands kicks in a few months. I just have to put in my two scents. That is off the chain and just straight up sad sad sad. At the moment with my husband changing jobs and waiting period for insurance to kick in I would NOT beable to pay that. I would have to be back on my pain pills and that is just sick to think about. I feel so sorry for the ones that have to pay that price to stay clean just sad.

I wish I could do something about this it really bothers me knowing it is that costly. Now I know why peaple complain on this site about paying for this medicine.
Mel :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 5:00 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I always thought this was a out right joke.

90 80mg ocs and 60 600mcg fentoras co pay 10 bucks total.

B4 i took my insurance to court to get them to cover suboxone. First script 16 pills 345 bucks.

So i could get my pain meds for nearly nothing but i cant even get coverage for the meds to get off them really!!!!!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 9:20 pm 
Bboy42287 wrote:
I always thought this was a out right joke.

90 80mg ocs and 60 600mcg fentoras co pay 10 bucks total.

B4 i took my insurance to court to get them to cover suboxone. First script 16 pills 345 bucks.

So i could get my pain meds for nearly nothing but i cant even get coverage for the meds to get off them really!!!!!!!!

I'm really curious about this if I'm understanding you correctly...What do you mean you took your insurance company to court? Like you actually hired an attorney and filed and actually went to court!? Or you talking about appealing their initial decision to not cover/got a letter from your Dr. and sent it to your insurance company so they would cover?

Also, 16 pills for $345 seems insanely high even for Suboxone...even assuming this was years ago..

-T