It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:04 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:58 am 
New Poster
New Poster

Hello to everyone out there! I am new to this site , but I am glad I found it. I have been using opiates and crack for a long time, I actually starting using opiates when I was 17 years old and I am now 37!!! That is a long time of using. When I was 20 I was introduced to what is called crack cocaine! As if me abusing pain killers was not enough. I ruined my life in just a very short time, I lost people whom I loved dearly, and lost everything I had worked so hard to gain!! I have been in and out of prison due to my addiction. This last trip to prison, I was there 3 years and when I came out I was clean and never felt better in my life. Then I met my now boyfriend of almost 4 years, I did real good for awhile and then someone came and said they had vic's for sale and that was the end of the end. I started using using again and this time it was worse than before, I put my boyfriend thru pure living HELL!!! You see I would justify my using , because he would drink, all we would do is point the finger back and forth blaming each other for using!! To make a long story short both of our lives was out of control. My step mom took me and I got on Soboxone, the best thing to ever come into my life!! I have now been clean since Oct 08 When I say that Soboxone helps with more than just opiates I am talking about me using crack and my boyfriend drinking. You see he has drank ever since is was 15 years old, and is now 40! He tried on several occasions to quit on his own, he would make it a couple of days ,but that was it. I beg him to try the Soboxone and he did. He has also been on the Soboxone since Oct 08! He has not pick up a drink, thought about a drink since. Finally we both have our lives back. It is all because of the Soboxone. So it doesn't seem to matter really what you are addicted to (pills,herion,crack,cocaine,meth,alcohol,marijuana) If you want to STOP you can, and if you can not afford treatment ,or do not have insurance, or have medicaid, you can go to naabt.org and they will find a dr. that will help you start Soboxone. It is nice when you are in control of your life and the life of addiction is NO LONGER controling you.[/i]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:53 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I have seen similar responses to Suboxone; on the other hand I do have a couple patients who left opiates behind on Suboxone but continue to use crack, to their frustration. Their desire to use is less than it used to be, but still there enough to keep them from giving it up completely.

The alcohol connection makes sense though; a recent study showed that alcohol caused the release of natural opiates like endorphin and enkephalins in the parts of the brain involved in addiction. We also use naltrexone to reduce alcohol cravings; it is available as a month long shot, called 'Vivitrol'.

Thank you for sharing your experiences; I hope you continue to enjoy a life free of the miserable substances. Please stop back often and help others by sharing your experiences.

JJ

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 10:48 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Its a fact they give naltrexon to alcoholics to stop cravings and that is in suboxone. I didnt know about coke though.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 11:12 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Yes but the Naltrexone is poorly absorbed. It is there just to stop people from shooting it.