It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:58 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Sober house
PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 1:14 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

I don't know about anyone else but I love this show. It just shows us no matter who you are no matter how much money you have it can all be taken away real quick. hollywood must be the hardest place to stay sober cause you can get whatever you want pretty much anywhere. I feel for all the patients that must be really rough trying to live a sober life where there is a supermarket for drugs and everywhere you go people throw alcohol and drugs at you cause your famous crazy shit .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:04 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Ya know, I actually enjoy the show Sober House for what it is - entertainment. I have no problem with that aspect of it. I do have a concern, a huge one, about their comments and thoughts about Suboxone.

The comments that have actually made it on the show are bad enough. However, I just happened across a couple of the "Bonus Clips" on the VH1 web site. These are scenes that never were broadcast. In clip 3 of 6 from episode 3, a bit more information comes out. We actually talked about this a bit here on this board. It now seems more and more clear that they put Mike Starr on Suboxone for most of the Celebrity Rehab show. They didn't really talk much about it, but now in these clips they do. Dr. Drew actually admits that Mike has been on Suboxone during the show. Well imagine that! Now, in episode three of Sober House, one of the cast of characters, Bob, is sent to go get the Suboxone from Mike. In clip 3 of 6, Bob holds up a bottle of Suboxone to the camera and makes the following comment "This is the root of all evil right here." If this link holds up, you can view it for yourself here:

http://www.vh1.com/video/misc/496841/bo ... id=1633283

Prior to that, Bob made the comment to Mike that he would rather that Mike broke stuff in the house than take Suboxone. In the next clip, 4 of 6, Dr. Drew speakers more about putting Mike on Suboxone and the fact that they are now trying to take him off of it - which is why he is in withdrawals again.

I sort of had a strong hunch that Mike Starr was on Suboxone throughout the show. One week he was in huge withdrawals and the next week, and for the rest of the show, he seemed pretty "normal" with no hint of withdrawal. Even though they didn't really talk about what was really going on, it seems more and more clear that Starr stayed on the Suboxone through most of the show and when he erupted again in show number 3 of sober house and attacked the camera guy, it was because they took him off of Suboxone. In the latest show, Tom asks how in the hell Mike can still be in withdrawals 47 days later. Well, I think we are now finding out. It's because he's been on Suboxone and they are now taking him off of it.

So first they say Suboxone is only to be used for a very short time. Then they keep someone on it for over six weeks and see how well it works for the guy. Then they take him off of it and watch him go through withdrawals again and start acting nuts. And in the end, we hear that "Suboxone is the root of all evil"?????????? So the Suboxone is the problem, huh? Oh, how I wish someone could take these people to task on all of these things.

I'm still watching the show though. But, ya know what, I'm still watching Grays Anatomy, Cougar Town, Entorage, and other television shows as well. I find all of them to be pretty entertaining and none of them to have all that much to do with reality. Only one of them seems to piss me off with their constant lies about Suboxone.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:52 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I couldn't get the link to work but I am going to go find it. Not that I really need to get myself "activated" over anything new these days, but I can't help it. I like the show. I agree, the suboxone comments piss me off. It is those suboxone comments that had me going off of it when in "reality" they were putting Mike ON it. What a load of crap.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 1:31 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Honestly its not entertaining watching people sick who are gonna die from this disease. I only seen suboxone mentioned once on rehab didn't watch the online videos yet. Really these people are sick just like all of us.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 2:11 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Well, it's not Dr. Drew, but I did find a "celebrity" that actually highly praised Suboxone. I actually just stumbled onto this while watching some unrelated things on YouTube. In any event, one of the celebs on Howard Stern is the comic, Artie. In the following clip, he reveals his addiction to heroin and highly praises Suboxone for saving his life. He claims to have the pills with him in the studio as he is saying these things. He even uses the "miracle drug" phrase multiple times.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgtYsRUKO2U

I actually love Howard Stern and used to watch his television show many, many years ago. I have not listened since he went on satellite radio - although from the clips, the show doesn't seem to have changed much. I actually heard that Artie tried to commit suicide a few months ago and had also heard he had relapsed multiple times since this radio show aired. Nonetheless, it's nice to hear some positive Suboxone comments in the media to sort of counteract the negative ones. Then again, Dr. Drew's show says Suboxone is the root of all evil, while Howard Stern's show says it's a miracle drug. I'm not sure that this helps us with the average person - if you know what I mean.