It is currently Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:40 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 5:05 pm 
Honestly, i may have sneezed i dont know, like less than 100 times in my life up until now. I was off suboxone for 4 months and then a couple weeks ago i took a high dose every day for almost a week. and now im having some weird things happening . Sneezing all the time! And not just once, its always 2 in a row. Kinda bizarre, so i thought it may be linked with that brief stint on suboxone again. Not to mention, my sleep is fucked again. It was almost normal again, well no, it was normal. Now, its something like around a week 2 being off suboxone. Not to get off subject so, WTF is up with these sneezy weezies???

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:49 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Sneezing is usually a symptom of withdrawal. It usually goes away once a person uses again.

It's a shame you ended up back on the Sub for a brief period. One thing that's really important to know for people who've gotten off Sub is that if they DO use again, be it Suboxone or agonists, the clock winds back significantly in their PAWS recovery. It kinda depends on how many times / how much they use, but once a person has become dependent on opioids, their brains and bodies are REALLY sensitive to any kinda re-introduction to opioids. You know how it can take months, even years of using to get an ultra-high tolerance? If you then get clean, and use again for a few days, the tolerance is back RIGHT up there where is was within an incredibly short amount of time. This is why opioids are so addictive. Nicotine has been shown to be the same. Once a person quits, even if it's for years, when they start smoking they're again smoking a pack-a-day within a few days.

This is why they say once you're an addict, you can't control your using even after years clean. I've found this to be true.

duhepic try your best to push through the PAWS. While your sleeping might be really bad again, you ..should.. recover a bit faster from it this time because you weren't using as long, and there hasn't been enough time for the Sub to seep into your fatty tissues.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:58 pm 
What's up TEEMEISTER- i really need to hear what you said more often. More so, for a reminder to not pick up a sub again. Its amazing what even a slip can do in regards of prolong paws....considerably. I just came back from my Dr. today. who hasn't seen me in 5 months. I told him how i was doing and for my sleep problems i needed something as an aid. He suggested Trazadone, but i already had taken that at one point. And, it puts me to sleep within the hour, but then the very next hour... I'm awake adn cannot go back to sleep on that stuff. I'll just lay awake completed zombied out and unable to fall back asleep. Miserable, so i told him no way. I kinda set it up for him to give me some benzo's for a short period . I'll be honest, that was my mission today. Not only it will help with stress and anxiety but the more important reason of taking it for me is; the sleep!! I know benzos work great for sleep. So, i was prescribed Klonopin for 1 month only. They are .5mg. If i got pick not to take it or take it. I wouldve always picked not take it because i was done with any narcotic. But after that brief relapse on suboxone again....... I'm not sleeping more than 3 hours a night. And i'm working 100 hours a week. yea not lying. Its not only hard long work days, but i do not get any days off as of now. So, hopefully a brief time on Klonopin will just get me to sleep so i can feel okay the next day.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:11 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Winningduhepic wrote:
I told him how i was doing and for my sleep problems i needed something as an aid. He suggested Trazadone, but i already had taken that at one point. And, it puts me to sleep within the hour, but then the very next hour... I'm awake adn cannot go back to sleep on that stuff. I'll just lay awake completed zombied out and unable to fall back asleep. Miserable, so i told him no way. I kinda set it up for him to give me some benzo's for a short period . I'll be honest, that was my mission today.

If this isnt addictive behavior than I don't know what is. You said it....your mission was to get benzos, and you got what you set out to get...

I know that you are suffering from paws, but the way you have been talking on the forum lately, concerns me. First you were romanticizing drinking, and now you are talking about benzos to deal with stress and sleep. Benzos are so addictive and you know that. Otherwise, you would have gotten ANYTHING else. I don't want to read about you having an addiction to something else later on down the road... I kinda like ya! LOL! I am not trying to be mean or anything, I just wanted to point out what you are doing and saying, in the hopes that you will maybe take a look at it before it spirals out of control.

Maybe I am wrong, and if I am, I apologize...really. But I'd feel terrible if I noticed these things and didn't say something, and you ende up addicted to alcohol, benzos, or anything else. Someone else had said it in you thread about alcohol...about being in a prime position for a switch addiction right now. And it sounds like your brain is craving anything it can. There are so many other things that you could use for sleep. I know that you are going to do whatever you want, but please be careful....

Best wishes

Post subject: To Goinstrong-
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:23 am 
Why do I ignore the truth when it counts the most. No, ur totally right about it being an easy way through to another problem. I have had benzo's before and they knock you out. And, i know Dr.'s use this as a last resort to patients. They DO not want to give a powerful drug like Klonopin to us addicts in this sensative condition. So, i must be at a point where he thinkgs i must need it. Honestly, i concur. Ambien, Trazadone, NYquill, zzzquil where doing nothing for my sleep. Xannnies and alike friends are the only ones that put my stubborn Greek ass out. haha

Lately i have been loosing my positive edge a little maybe. You are seriously on the money with that one Goinstrong..
But i have never lost sight of the main objective and goal. Stay the hekc off subs. Fo' eVa . And no need to appologize, you come out in your words in a real honest way. I feel what you are saying. And i agree with you . I am drinking and seeked out those benzos for some sort of feeling of comfort when I KNOW i could have stood tall and took it on the chin. Keep your opinions and advice rollin in towards my posts. It's wonderful hearing advice that is real from the persons heart mixed in with words of encouragement and belief in the person. Hope you are doing well with your situation . Really do :P

Post subject: Re: To Goinstrong-
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:00 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Winningduhepic wrote:
Why do I ignore the truth when it counts the most. No, ur totally right about it being an easy way through to another problem. I have had benzo's before and they knock you out. And, i know Dr.'s use this as a last resort to patients. They DO not want to give a powerful drug like Klonopin to us addicts in this sensative condition. So, i must be at a point where he thinkgs i must need it. Honestly, i concur. Ambien, Trazadone, NYquill, zzzquil where doing nothing for my sleep. Xannnies and alike friends are the only ones that put my stubborn Greek ass out. haha

Lately i have been loosing my positive edge a little maybe. You are seriously on the money with that one Goinstrong..
But i have never lost sight of the main objective and goal. Stay the hekc off subs. Fo' eVa . And no need to appologize, you come out in your words in a real honest way. I feel what you are saying. And i agree with you . I am drinking and seeked out those benzos for some sort of feeling of comfort when I KNOW i could have stood tall and took it on the chin. Keep your opinions and advice rollin in towards my posts. It's wonderful hearing advice that is real from the persons heart mixed in with words of encouragement and belief in the person. Hope you are doing well with your situation . Really do :P

[font=Comic Sans MS]I do have your best interest at heart, and I am glad you know that. I was worried that I may have come off a little crappy sounding. Ya, if you are drinking too, like you said you are, I would definately stay away from those benzos. That's a fatal combo. Or it can be at least. I truly wish you the best, and I know that you have what it takes to beat this. This is your addict brain trying to con you into "feel good" fixes. Don't let the beast win. You can do this, I know it! Look at how much determination you have when you want to be funny!!! LOL!!! Put that determination into this now. I'm behind you![/font]