It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:59 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 8:49 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I quit smoking or when I'm not smoking suboxone seems to work better.
I'm using a patch now and I eat,sleep and simply just feel better.
If I smoke my dosage seems weak,I'm tired all the time and my body aches.
Anyone else have symptoms close to mine when smoking?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:21 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

It's hard to say because I've been a smoker for as long as I've been on suboxone. I'd have to say that I've never felt the effect from the med dull down because of a cigarette, the only thing i really have to compare it to is maybe days I've had when I simply didn't have money for cigarettes and had to go the whole day with horrible cravings, no difference in sub effect for me. What I can tell you is that there's something about suboxone that makes me crave nicotine more so than when off it. It may not mean that I have to smoke more when on sub, but it's much harder for me to go without nicotine while on it. Opiates I did before sub would induce some craving but not quite as much. However, good for you for quitting, do it for you. Quitting smoking has to happen when someone's ready and it requires immense mental preparation that non-smoker folks just don't seem to understand. So that's a big deal, tough guy :lol: congrats. Glad the patch is working well, I think when i quit it's gonna have to be the gum though.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:32 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

I smoke during before and after ive taken my sub dose..Didnt matter witch dose either. @16 or 8 an now 4mgs..so for me...no difference...and let me say this, as ive bn reading the forums this evening i dont believe in half tbe side effects i read about.
Hair teeth i onow 100 or more addicts on maintaince and no one has these problems..

Subutex and suboxone have one active substance ..ive taken both. I see and "feel" no difference..this is after being on it for three plus months..so.....
my 2cents razor5

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 1:33 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

I've been on buprenorphine for 10 months. I quit smoking 2 months ago. I have noticed zero difference in the effectiveness of the medication.

The only thing I can think of is maybe if you smoke right before you dose maybe you aren't getting very good absorption because I believe, and I may be wrong here, smoking constricts the blood vessels so if you smoke right before you dose maybe it's possible that you aren't absorbing the buprenorphine as well as you would if you either didn't smoke or waited to smoke until after you took your dose.

Hope this helps!

Squeaky

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 1:23 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I didn't think so.

My body didn't want the benzos,then smoking had to go and I feel better in both cases.I do miss being smoking the most or craving it.
I've tried smoking again but I just get sick and quit.
I've never quit from not liking the side effects before.I find this very baffling.

I do wonder is Suboxone is next?

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 11:22 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

I can say that I do not smoke when I do not take Suboxone.

I have been on a low dose of Suboxone for 4 years and I only smoke a few cigarette a day ( around 4 or less) but, If for some reason I do not take Suboxone I will not have a cigarette.

When I first started taking Suboxone 8mg a day I really did smoke more. I am down to 1-2 mg per day now, and I still will only have a smoke around the same time I take the dose.

I have always wondered if anyone else noticed some sort of nicotine reaction to Suboxone?