It is currently Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:07 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 12:18 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Hello all, 1st time posting here, actually my 1st day signing into this forum, or any forum for that matter. I have been on suboxone for about 4 years, usually take 4mg per day. Recently my wife has been educating herself about suboxone, for the longest time she never even knew I was seeing a doctor for this and taking "pills" or "drugs" as she use to refer to them as. I'm happy she was willing to go and educate herself about subs, therefor giving her insight as to what im going threw. Ive never done heroine, I started with perk 5's when I was about 20 when I was a roofer, and as u know, the more you take the higher tolerance you have to the perk's. So eventually I went to the 30's, then began to sniff them, up to 2 or some times 3/day. Switched to suboxone when I was about 24, after blowing so much money on the perks. This drug is a life saver, although I cant function if I have no subs in my system, RLS, cant get out of bed, etc. My main point I guess is while my wife has recently been reading about this drug, she mentioned that smoking cigarettes 30 minutes before and after dosing your daily suboxone, (im on the orange circle ones not the strips) takes away some of the subs full dosage, meaning if you smoke 30 mins before or after taking ur suboxone you WONT receive the full dosage you would have got if u did not smoke before nor after dosing. Is this true? I usually smoke a butt as soon as I wake up, then take my half a suboxone, shower up, do my normal morning routine, then once im out the door which is only 15 minutes or less after dosing I always spark another smoke up, so the whole time ive been taking my subs ive not only smoked after, but both before and after, am I losing some of my Mgs by doing so, and if so why? thank you guys, I pray for all of us to get clean, I hope to help at least 1 person here and hope to get help threw others going threw the same thing I am more or less, 1 last fact, nobody besides my wife knows about my sub dosing. only my wife my best friend and my doctor, I want to go to therapy but I don't want to be in a group, so hopefully this can be a group therapy sessions. Good luck to everyone, and may god be with you. #12 steps

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 7:04 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

I've never heard that exactly, I've only heard that some people say the sub doesn't seem to have as much effect if they smoke during or right after their dose. I smoke and I've never really had that problem or felt like it wasn't working as well because of a cigarette, and I've heard others say the same. So if it was something you heard and not something you noticed personally, I wouldn't worry about it :)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 1:52 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

k read up on it, its sumthing to do with the saliva in your mouth. smoking before dosing minimizes the saliva to desolve the suboxone in its entirety. Its not so much after as it is before. But ive been looking into it and yes, smoking before is not recommended if you want to receive your whole dose/MG.. Thank you for your input though.. :)