It is currently Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:13 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:41 am 
New Poster
New Poster

Today is my second day on suboxone and it has me about to fall asleep at my desk!!! I am sooooo tired and I feel like myself starting to nod off. Is there anyone that is also experiencing this? And if so will it get better? Why is this happening? and what can I do to make it better?

PS I got 7 hours of sleep last night

Thanks for your help guys! i appreciate it! :)

XoXo
Jennifer

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 1:45 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

How much are you taking? Sounds like you're over medicated a bit.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 2:50 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

I would agree with Tinydancer. Most of Suboxone's negative effects can be negated by lower your dose. You want to to take the smallest amount possible that will stop the cravings and WDs. Once you find "your dose" you should be fine at that level until you're ready (if ever) to start your taper and eventual jump.

What it sounds like is happening is that you are taking enough Suboxone to surpass your original threshold. IE, your 'getting high"... Now, I am not saying you are doing this on purpose or to abuse Suboxone, I am just stating that it seems from the little bit of information you have given that this is the most likely cause. You're "on the nod" so to speak (general term opiate addicts use to describe the state when you have taken enough opiates to start "nodding off"). Lowering your dose could and should stop that and the plus side is that your prescription costs each month would be lower. There is also that chance that that's just your natural reaction to the drug however, I still feel the dose may be too high. It may also be just your bodies way of stabilizing on the drug. Another possibility could be when you dose. If you find it makes you drowsy (I am the exact opposite, I get wired on the stuff) you may want to consider dosing before bedtime so that most of the effect will be worn off by morning when you need to perform. I, myself, dose in the morning as it seems to give me a boost and feels like I had a cup or two of some good coffee.

If you don't feel this is right, could you please provide a bit more background and I am sure that someone will have enough insight to help determine exactly what may be going on.

Maybe you could provide what your current dosing schedule is, how much and how often, as well as what amount of opiates you used when you decided to start on Suboxone to help determine what your tolerance is. If you don;t feel like posting that information publicly, feel free to PM me or any of the Mods and I am sure you will receive some excellent information and support.

Welcome to the forums and I wish you the best of luck on the beginning of your journey.

Reprieve

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 7:04 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hi Jennifer, I am new to this and I am experiencing the exact same thing. I luckily decided to pick up my dose after I finish work and so nod off and get a bit confused and silly at home. I was taking about 700 mgs of codeine for a few years then hit oxy. I got up to over 100mgs of oxy a day and watching my health and money float away. Tonight is my fourth night on sub - I took 10mgs of it tonight and last night. I am thinking maybe I need to go back to 8mgs that I had prior to going up to 10 - my doctor wants to figure out what mg will suit me - but how will I know? I don't know what normal is as I have been an addict of various drugs for 20 years.

I hope you found your answer mate. :D