It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 5:50 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Sleepless in Philly!
PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 2:14 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I just cant seem 2 get 2 sleep at night!I dont know if its the subs or not?I am sleepy all day though.Im up all night! Wish there was someone out there to chat with.Anyone want to talk hit me up on aim gooch72 :shock:

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 1:06 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi,

It must be the subs my friend, because I have trouble sleeping too!

My doctor gives me Ambien & assures me it's o.k. to take as long as I don't abuse it. I am being careful. I don't need anymore problems. Some people say different things work for them.

How long are you on subs? I have been on & off 1 year and a half. Hope to stay on them this time. They are great! I can see myself getting better.

Well, hang in there tight. Don't give up and don't give in. Love & Hope, queenie

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 8:41 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Thanks queenie! Ive been on and off for a little over 3 years now.My Doc also suggested ambien.Maybe Ill give it a try.I just dont like the way I feel after taking pm's and stuff like that. Does the ambien have any "hangover" type effects?

Our Sponsors
 Post subject: Ambien
PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 8:56 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I don't feel any hangover effects from Ambien. I know everyone is different but it works for me. There are others in this forum that sayu Ambien does nothing for them. The things they take do nothing for me,

I had a doctor that gave me Trazodone. It does nothing. Yet, someone else in this forum says it works for them.

Go figure. Are you new here? Love, Queenie

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 9:58 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Hello,

This seems to be rather common it is different for different people it makes some people sleepy and others wide awake. If it does make you sleepy during the day and awake at night, there have been many people who take it at night. It is just a suggestion but there are many other people who this has made a huge difference.

Welcome to this forumn and I look forward to learning more about you!! :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 5:08 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

hancal106 wrote:
Hello,

This seems to be rather common it is different for different people it makes some people sleepy and others wide awake. If it does make you sleepy during the day and awake at night, there have been many people who take it at night. It is just a suggestion but there are many other people who this has made a huge difference.

Welcome to this forumn and I look forward to learning more about you!! :)
Thank you very much!That kind of makes total sense!Apprieciate the welcome!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:00 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Hi to all on Bupr. I am a virgin poster on this site so please be easy on me.
I have had systemic RSD/CRPS since 2000. I have been on very HIGH dosages of opiates since 2004: Oxycontin then Morphine (620mg/day and 45mg/day of Oxycodone) and then 2 1/2 years ago my Drs decided to switch me to methadone (160mg/day + the oxy). The last half of 2010 was a real rough time. No real sleep, but I couldn't wake up unless I was moving around. I thought that I was on the road to death.

Finally, in December 2010 my Doc arranged for me to spend two weeks in a locked-down rehab and psyc ward in the VA hospital (this was the only way the VA could handle my situation) for a detox off of the methadone and the oxy. Eleven days of reducing my Mehtadone down to zero and then no Oxy for 24 hours was an experience that was not nearly as bad as I had been warned about. Then I was brought the 4 mg test dose of Buprenorphine.

I was in a wheel chair because walking was so painful. Thirty minutes after the Bupr (is that an OK abbreviation?) I stood up and walked around the room with a pain nbr of 1. I couldn't believe it. Tears poured down my happy face. Bupr had renewed the old person I was fifteen years ago. The fogginess, confusion, feeling of no importance, all the things associated with drug dependance were gone. If you are a Bible reader, I felt as if I had touched the skirt of Jesus as he walked by! But unlike the woman with the ten year flow of blood that actually did touch Jesus' skirt, I am not healed. I still have all of the pain problems I had before the Bupr. That was six weeks ago.

For the last week, (finally to my question) I have been experiencing some of the problems I have read about here and in other places. But why start now; I can't get to sleep at night and after about 2 hours after taking my two four mg doses, I get half drunk? Believe it or not, I never got high on the Oxycontin, Morphine, or Methadone. I NEVER strayed from my prescription, not once in all those years. I would lay in bed and suffer in pain until it was the time for me to take my meds before I would take them early nor would I take an amount not prescribed.

Any thoughts on the late start of complications to the meds? I would appreciate your experienced comments.

Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:32 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hello and welcome. So you can't fall asleep and you feel a bit loopy? What other problems/side effects do you feel you are having? And you started sub/bupe last month? What is your dosing schedule? Is it the same everyday? Are you getting good absorption? Some people do have trouble sleeping on sub, then there are others for whom it makes them sleepy. Then there's the constipation and the sweating. Those are the "main" side effects of sub, although anyone can get any side effects from any medication.

Plus you might want to consider the fact that you're only one month in from being off full agonists. It sounds like you're were dependent on your meds and not addicted?

Oh and if you're taking it for pain, it's better to dose more than once per day. Although the average half-life is 37 hours, it's pain relieving properties only last about 6. I take it for pain and addiction and I take 8 mg, 2-3 times per day.

So maybe you can clarify some things and give us some more information. We'll try to help you out as best we can. Again - welcome! :)

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject: Re: Ambien
PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:22 am 
queenie1959 wrote:
I had a doctor that gave me Trazodone. It does nothing. Yet, someone else in this forum says it works for them.
Ughhh trazodone sucks so much I hate that med. I actualy take it sometimes because it will help me sleep a bit but it gives the worst freaking hangover ever, soooo lethargic the following day. It pisses me off how doctors are so afraid to Rx the right med for sleep (sedative, ativan, ambien) so they just throw antidepressants at you for off label sleep use frankly I think its irresponsible I dont want to take some med thats gonna fuck with my serotonin on the off chance its side effect of sleepiness with help me sleep. I want the right med that does one specific thing that its designed to do.

Post subject: sleep
PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:06 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I too suffer from chronic pain and take Suboxone for addiction as well as pain management.I am taking 20 mg daily,(8,8 then 4 at night.I have good days and bad days as far as the pain goes but,my Doc told me that there's going to be a certain amount of pain that i'm going to have to accept and find a way to deal with.E ven when I was taking all of the oppiates I could get my hands on (including Heroin in the end);there were days that nothing completely stopped the pain! I've been thinking about trying yoga and accupuncture.I also have always suffered with not being able to sleep.I feel like the Sub. gives me the energy that I used to feel when I was taking pills in the beginning (because after years of oppiates,you get to the point that you don't feel that anymore).Anyway,my Doc tried me on a few different meds before giving me Seroquel.I can remember when I was using;a friend gave me 400 mgs of Seroquel and it made me tired but,still no sleep.Now,i'm taking 50mgs of Seroquel and sleeping like ababy. I don't know if it's helpful or not but,just wanted to let people know that it worked for me.I hope you get some sleep soon! Good Luck!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:22 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I've been taking Trazodone for awhile now and it works great for me. That hangover goes away after a few days of taking it. Trazodone is an atypical antidepressant and not an SSRI or SNRI, just to clarify.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.