It is currently Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:09 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Sleeping a lot
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:32 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Hello...my name is Jim, and I'm 42 yrs old. After about 6-7 years of taking 20, 10 mg hydrocodone DAILY. About 3 weeks ago I signed myself up for an Outpatient M.A.T. Program...I have been taking 2 of the 8mg strips. Well, for about the last 4-5 days, it's like I cannot get enough sleep. When I first started I was taking just taking 1 and a half of the 8mg strips (12 mg total)...
My main question/concern is...is this common (The Sleep) and is something that will pass in time...OR, should I go back to just the 12 mg Sub srips and see if that will make me less sleepy? Also...note that once I do get up, I feel fine...just the getting out of bed is what's tuff! If it matters I'm about 6'3" and weigh approx 270. I remember when I first started...I took only one of the 8 mg strip and was very energized and had wonderful energy...I would like to get back to that point. And if I just need to be patient..then so be it. If I need to cut back...then THAT will be what I will try. I do know that with my addictive personality, I have always thought more MUST be better. Pls...would love your opinion and thoughts. Thank you...and thank you for this great website forum also ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 2:57 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

welcome to the forum
and Im glad you made the GREAT change to get off the crazy train!!!
:wink:
Lots of people find that over time, they actually feel BETTER on LESS suboxone....... and yes, that's the
exact oposite of what our addict brains have been telling us for YEARS!!!

sleepiness is definitely ONE of the signs your dose may be too high.
I'd definitely talk to your doctor about it, too. :wink:

You've got nothing to lose by seeing if you can get by on a bit less.
and you know, if it doesn't work out, doesn't "feel right" you can ALWAYS go back up.

you might even feel a whole lot better on just One film (8mg) a day.

are you dosing once or twice a day? just curious.
once daily is really the "goal" with replacement therapy, IF your not also dosing for pain.

if you have ANY more questions please dont hesitate to ask!!!!

good luck, and great job!!!

That's TRUE STRENGTH
http://almostoneyearclean.blogspot.com/

Post subject: Adjusting
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:36 pm 

Hi Jimhogg1 and I too would like to Welcome you to our forum. Amber gave you some great feedback so there's not much more to say except give yourself some more time to adjust to Suboxone. Three weeks should be enough but maybe a few more will help level you out.

The general consensus here on taking Sub seems to be that less is more.
Yea I know, to an addict that statement makes little to no sense at all. But I felt almost the same as you in the beginning weeks and tapered down to what my body told me was the right dose. We say that all the time here, "Let your body tell you what is best". Some do better on higher doses and others like myself feel better on lower doses. The not so funny thing is, taking more Suboxone doesn't really make you feel any better, so why waste a film strip? A few of us have done and said that exact same thing at one time or another. But we are addicts and our brains tell us more is better. That is true about most all other drugs except this one. That's one reason it works so well for recovery.

That's enough typing out of me. Welcome once more to the best Suboxone forum online.

Rule62

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:26 am 
One Month or More
One Month or More

@Jimhogg1, welcome to the forum!! Hope u find all ur looking for and there is lots of great support here as well.