It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:40 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: too much sleep
PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:43 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

jsp4th

Replying to your question about xanaflex and suboxone. My doc prescribed me xanaflex for restless legs at night. I'm currently on 8mg a day of suboxone, and usually take 1 4mg of xanaflex. The xanaflex has helped me sleep regular while on suboxone.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 3:26 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

jsp4th wrote:
yah sometimes I only take 1/4 of the zanaflex...they knock out the headache but they knock me out too. I keep hearing about clonidine...it's a blood pressure med right? i'm only 26 and i'm not sure if I want to go that route. I hear of a naltrexone implant that you can get after subs...thinking about that for after I get off subs. Trying to cut down to 16mg third day down 1 pill...feel ok not great but better than I thought. Sleep has been great w/out ambien. Don't know if i'm gonna take that ever again.
JayJay P.

Clonidine is a high blood pressure medication that is also used to help with opiate detoxification. It made my heart beat reeaally sllooww. Scary slow. Head whirling, almost passing out, heart beats less than fifty beats per minute slow.

It has it's uses but it's still a drug, and therefore dangerous.

Keep looking, keep thinking, keep asking.

You'll figure this out.

Calliope

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 11:51 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

i have a sleep issue as well

it seems like everytime I sit down for awhile and try to watch a movie, or work on the computer, I fall asleep. even if i feel like i got enough sleep already it happens. If i'm active at work or something I dont feel tired. but as soon as i relax i fall asleep, almost like i'm nodding off with opiates

Our Sponsors
 Post subject: SLEEP WAY TOO MUCH
PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 6:57 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

jay jay

And i dont even know if anyones still readin this post, but i just wanted to let you know i can relate to exactly what your talking about and it depresses me every day i dont have any obligations. if i have to be somewhere and set the alarm, im up im functioning, and for the most part if i get about 8 hrs im absolutely fine, even while on my suboxone, but i sometimes increase my dose a little on the weekends, and that, combined with not having any obligations, gives me the oppurtunity to sleep allll damn day long. and i do, and have such a hard time not doing and actually being able to get up anywhere before having 12 or at least 11 hrs of sleep. its only another 3 hrs from maybe the 9 hrs i somewhat remember sleeping in when i was younger and not on drugs, but still it makes such a huge difference, especially with the depression i feel when i get up. i feel guilty for wasting the day, and not accomplishing anything. and a million people would just reply get up! set an alarm! but its not that simple. i have zerooooo motivation to get up when i have no obligation, and the tiredness im waking with as i look at the clock, and watch the hours go by, is ridiculous, i feel like i have been up for days and just fell asleep and woke up 2 hrs later, i mean my whole body is just in sleep mode, and i can feel my body wanting even more sleep every time when i get up about 12 hrs later. and heres a big thing about it, if i do have some half obligated ting to do, i can get up maybe only 10 hrs later, but i can feel my body really craving that other couple or even few hrs of sleep. its not like i can jus wake my body from it either, the tiredness stays most of the time when i dont get the entire 12 or so hrs. now naturally i remember sleeping in like i said maybe 9 hrs or so, and i feel like thats somewhat normal, but i tend to fall asleep much later now, and it suckssss on the weekends, or weekdays i dont have obligations. im not sure what to do, im at a point in my life where i think i still rely on the suboxone a lot for my sobriety, but because of this sleeping cycle, i really do want to get off to an extent. this is the same sleeping cycle i was on every day while i was selling and using heroin, and it feels soo disgusting. if anyones actually had any experience with this and feels like they may be able to help let me know. thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 7:35 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Mawwen
What is your current dose? Also I think you may have answered your own question you stated you up your dose on the weekend? Why do you do that? If you function ok on your prescribed dose why would you up your dose? I am not judging you but if all your are doing is sleeping on the weekend then you are not suffering cravings or mild withdrawl that would require you to up your dose. If I misunderstood then correct me.....but using more on the weekend is almost like going back to our old addicting ways......

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 8:35 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I had the sleep issue on suboxone too. Only I didn't really notice it too much until I got off of it and couldn't sleep during the day to save my soul. I used to sleep all night and then drive out of town with my husband and I could sleep the entire 5 hour drive NO PROBLEM and then go right back to sleep that night....early even...no problem. If I wanted to stay awake I could NOT lay down.

When I was working out while on suboxone I did not have that problem. To be honest, I am pretty damn lazy now too only I am not sleeping. (Of course I am in pain and can't really DO anything anyways and was in withdrawal and post surgical before that so who knows what I am really like at this point). What I can say on subox from experience is that you have to keep your mind busy and you shouldn't fall asleep.

In terms of the benzo issue....the only interest I have ever had in those is prior to giving presentations and/or withdrawal because I was desperate. Anything that makes me sleepy tends to give me restless leg (except opiates obviously as they get rid of that problem) and that includes benzos, benadryl, trazadone, etc. The only thing that DOESN'T give me restless leg and that makes me tired is neurontin and I think that is because it really doesn't make me SUPER tired. Ambien didn't give me restless leg either. Probably cuz it knocks my ass out. But I don't stay asleep on it either.

Post subject: Me too!
PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 10:14 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I have the same problem. I'm 25 and if I don't have an early class or work in the morning I have a really hard time getting up. I've started setting an alarm because I have realized I will sleep forever on this stuff. When I wake up because my alarm is going off sometimes I will turn it off and say to myself "time to get up" and then wake up an hour later like "WTF"! It's happened 3-4 times in my first month. I stayed with my ex at her dorm the other night (I'm stupid!) and when I woke up she said something to me and then I must have fallen back to sleep but I thought we had a conversation that we never had. It's like I'm only half awake. I dream a lot before I get up and if I fall back to sleep again. Vivid dreams. I have never been someone who dreams a lot. I have to set two alarms on days I have to get up, because I've been late to my 8:00 class a couple of times. Both times I didn't even remember my alarm going off. So, I'm going to start setting two alarms everyday. Like you I also have problems getting to bed before 2 am. Last night I did get to sleep before midnight. I stayed with my sister because she just broke up with her boyfriend and she woke me up at 9:30. I feel back to sleep didn't get up until 11:00. NOT COOL! She said I should start a bedtime regiment. Maybe take some melatonin, take bath/shower, listen to relaxing music, and TURN THE TV OFF! LOL! She also said that at the hospital that she works at they will give their patients Benadryl as a sleep aid. I've only been on Suboxone for a month and I don't want this to be a continuing problem. I have to much to do to waste my days sleeping.