It is currently Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:19 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 3:17 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Ok,first of all forgive me for speling english is my second languig,haha ther is one allready. Im reading this forum for a long time now, I did not wanna participate cause I was thinking I dont deserve it, for one reason and that is that I was getting suboxone illigaly,on streets. I have hade prety stedy flow of subs, I took a lot time and energy to get sub dr. but im legal now, I mean w sub,and im legally in the contry too,haha. So im in the sub club now, I have red many,many posts here i've learned a lot and found greate help here too. Im adicted to opiates,painkillers for eigtheen years im 37-38 years old, im in the states over tvelve years, have family here kids, mi fiance is from usa, just normal dude on the outside,nice car,ok job , but uderneet all that the beast is hyding. I even started messing with heroin, the dude that was selling me H introduced me to sub, if he only new what a mistake for him that us gonna be. Immidiately after my first dance w sub I started investigating, and prety soon i'v found this forum. This forum shoved me how to find doctor,how to talk to one,and all of the tools I needed to get my hands on miracle pill called suboksone. I was about to loose my family,my mind, money and much more. I'v been throug a lot of sheet where im from, war and everything that war brings with it. I dont think that is the reason why im addicted to opiates,but im shure it has simething to di with it. I know it is also in genes, runs in the fumily, and many other things. Since u started taking subs, i've changed a lot. I have more patiance for everithing, um more calm, im better with kids and at work, I can work like crazy. Im looking forward fir another day for first time in the long time. Im just scared my dr is gonna cut me off, even thoug he said he is not,and that he is gonna help me. You guys know more about me than he does, if you red this, so I dont know what to think about the dude . First I could not find dr,nobody would take me than I remmebered my friend that knows this dr who is addiction dr psichatrist. So my friend called I got appoitment,o god I wad so exited, could not seep and staff, so I sgowed up and five ten min later u got script fir firteen if subs,and he told me ti cam in twi weeks, than u got another twi weeks wort of it. I've asked him to give me scriot fir whole month he said he have to follow procedure,ok that is fine ill follow damn procedure just tk get them legally. He did not ask me much,i told him about addiction and what and hiw much im taking he wrot it down and that was it. I told him last time that im scared that he us gonna cuf me off he said no dont worry I will helo you. Man I need help for a long time, u meen long,long time. I love these meds like I have said earlyer. I've had bad days , depresion for tree or four days once per mont they suck but I now It will go away, constipation, no sex drive,and nigtmares. All if these are short term i mean depresion is tree for days,sex I only dont think about it but while its there im fine with it. Depresion sucks but here us hiw you fight it,get up and do something and uts gone those days that I call depdays depresion lasts only fewhours, because u get up and change what um doing regardless off what ir where I am. Constipation I eat fiber, two or tree apples a day, it helps. Nigtmares I learned to live with those,haha ,whatewer, I dont care ill rader have one or to nightmare in a while than liv it every day. Suboksone really has more good sudes to it than bad. It numbs my pain, but just enougf nit to be totally out of my mind im still there I can still feel, but not be in pain. Ok my friends thats it for now,that was my story, if u can help anyone with advice please ask, see ya

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 4:09 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi skywalker,

I'm glad you decided to post your story. I'm also glad that you decided to get your suboxone through a doctor, that's always a smart move.

Try not to worry too much about your doctor dropping you, I know I did the same thing with my sub doctor. When you're able to, most of us will build up a 'stash' of suboxone so we have some if something ever did go wrong. I know it helped me to know that I had several extra sub's laying around if something crazy ever did happen.

During my initial suboxone use, I remember having some bad dreams, but they went away pretty quickly.

You really sound like you're doing well, keep it up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 4:22 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Yes, thanks, I have all redy stashed half pill, like 4mg since im on 8mg per day. Im trying not to think about doctor ishue,and I feel bettet after asking him about it. I just dont wanna go out on the streets I was prety lucky not to get bustet out there. This is small town and thereis very few certified dr, I dont wanna lose him. Thanks for advice.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 4:43 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi skywalker and welcome! I'd also like to thank you for sharing your story. I'm so happy to hear that this forum has been such a good resource for you. That's why we share so much of our stories, with the hopes that it will help other people - just like yours will. It's great that you decided to get sub legally. You probably feel better now that you've done that. Like Romeo said, many of us - like me - build up a "stash" of extra sub. Every so often, take a little less and put it away. Before you know it you'll have a little back-stock. That will make you feel a lot better. But if your doc says he won't leave you high and dry, try to believe him. I know it's hard sometimes.

You mentioned the lack of sex drive and constipation, those are side effects of sub. What dose are you on? And you're dosing for pain, too? Are you dosing more than once daily? I also take it for pain and I dose 2-3 times a day. Anyway, sometimes if one can lower their dose some of the side effects lessen. Just a thought.

Again, welcome. I hope you stick around and keep posting. :)

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 5:44 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hi, hatmaker510,im on 8mg a day. I take it twice once in the morning beafore I get out of bed and in the evning. My plan is to stop taking evning dose since many members here are stresing that. I have tryed takin it once a day just in the morning and it was ok, but honestly man my days are very long. Im getting erly in the morning at 5:30 and sometimes I dont go to bed untill midnight,so evning dose help me with second half of the day and gives mi energy bust to dill with kids and familly. I know part of it is addict in me to, just not totally ready for it at this moment. My kids have a lot of energy and it is just a lot for me to cut that dose in half. When I was getting subs on the streets I was taking 16mg ,sometimes even more so I allredy cut a lot. Not trying to give myself credit here but that is honest truth. Constipation is not big ishue right now, like I've said im eathing fiber rich food,so whithout going into to many details im all righ there. I think I forgot to mention that im taking suboxine for over a year now, but while getting them on the streets illegaly I would take them for let say a month than quit for two days than get high on oxy,H,vics,tramadols or whathever I can get hold of than stop that for a day or two and than go back on subs, it was rolecoster of hell. Them dudes still calling me almost every day,but since im getting this from doc legally u feel like u have power to say no,something just cliked in me, plus there is always possibilty to be drug tested,so im steadily saying no . Winning. Winning,like Charlie Sheen said,haha. So im not really new with sub thing I just finally started getting them legally,and I love it. You know I was really worring about getting withdrawals getting sick around my familly now if that happen at least I can tell them the trut,this is what is going on,my fiance is nurse and she knows about sub so that makes me feel better to. Posting here and getting this staff off of my chest feels good too,hopefuly um not bothering you guys. Winning. Good luck everybody. Talk to you all soon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 6:02 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

To be honest with you, 8 mg is a pretty good dose. It's not too low, not too high. It's comfortably above the ceiling and you definitely want to stay above the ceiling. So you might want to stay there. And if you aren't dosing for pain - meaning more than once daily, then that 8 mg has a long half life and will easily last you to take it once daily. And it is best to dose once daily. I do understand, though, that it's hard to get out of the practice of taking something later in the day for a "pick me up" or when you feel like you "need" something. But splitting your dose into twice a day is a helluva lot better than the alternative. You can work towards dosing once per day. I know some people will vehemently disagree with me and say you need to dose once per day starting now, but let's be real and reasonable. We do what we are able to in the time frames that we can.

I also wanted to tell you how great you are doing by continually saying no to those offers from those "friends" (not really friends, as we all know). It's not always easy to do that. Hopefully soon they'll just get the point and stop calling. Suboxone is doing it's job and stopping those cravings and that helps you to say no. GOOD FOR YOU! Pat yourself on the back for that. You should be proud of the progress you've made. I'm glad you get support from your family. Keep up the good work.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.