It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:52 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 5:16 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Am figuring out more and more that to make paws and withdrawals and sub detox doable is to skip much as possible, even for 3 months..For instance taking 0.2 every other day for a month, then every 3 days for a month and every 4 days for another month or however you want to do the skip process but the longer we do it the more half life and paws we are eliminating? after all I think why many suffer for so long even with a slow taper is because we dont give our receptors enough time to heal and by that I mean less sub.

The more we get use to having less sub the more we are gettign use to reality, emotions and some minor withdrawals so when we do jump it won't be so long and severve. Anyone agree with this? am merely referring to us long term sub users...For instance if I have been on Subutex for almost 6 years then wouldn't it be better for me to go down to the lowest dose and skip as much as possible? so fog can lift and eliminate much sub as possible? I dont think a low taper for a month or 2 and a skip process for a month will do it..I think for us long timers we need more time to skip..

The longer we get use to having less and less sub the more benificial it can only be in the long run wouldn't you agree folks? lets not forget the half lives are considerably long and stacked up in our bodies so to eliminate that much as possible isn't it wise to do a skip process for 3 or even 4 months? its not like taking a daily sub dose everyday and tapering but actually reducing the 4 or 5 day half life...I think thats the only way we long term folks can get off sub without too much hassle..Sure there wil be minor withdrawals during the low taper and skip process but isnt that an advantage? that you rather have minor withdrawals now then intense withdrawals/paws lingering on for many months?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 12:54 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Makes sence to me. I have not tapered all the way yet, but I am going to start skipping days at about .25 mg. (curently @ 2mg.) I think you definately got a good point about long term sub goers. Good luck and hope your6 method works wondefully...Blessings

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 8:16 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Ever expanding time between doses is a very good way to slowly get one's dose down. And I agree that a long taper, way longer than a month or two IS the best way to SLOWLY get those opiates out of our brains. The slower we get those opiates out of our brain, the less the brain will "notice" that we're taking them away, so to speak. That should boil down to less in the way of acute and post acute withdrawals. So yes, I agree with you.

I don't look at ONLY how long one's been on suboxone though. I also look at how long they actively using other opiates as well. For example, what if they were hooked on opiates for 5 years, but was only on sub for 2 years? That sub taper is still part of tapering off those 5 years of other opiate use, too. I think we would be remiss if we fail to consider all that other time we spent on opiates, too.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:20 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

hatmaker510 wrote:
I don't look at ONLY how long one's been on suboxone though. I also look at how long they actively using other opiates as well. For example, what if they were hooked on opiates for 5 years, but was only on sub for 2 years? That sub taper is still part of tapering off those 5 years of other opiate use, too. I think we would be remiss if we fail to consider all that other time we spent on opiates, too.

It's especially pertinent to PAWS. After acute withdrawal, we definitely gotta recover from ..all.. the years we've had opiates in our body.