It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:12 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:19 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Hi, just thought since I'm here quite often these days, may as well be a member, of a group, who know the addict life.
I've been on subox for about 2 years, it does the job overall, but it still won't keep me totally away from poppies which have been top of the list for the last 15 years.
My history goes back to when I was living in a commune, in the early seventies, on a beach in the tropic's when some showed up with some H. I kept my distance from it to start with, but seeing how comfortable everybody else were, in oppressive weather condition's, I took the plunge and hey presto.
There's been a lot of water over the bridge since then, but I'm still here, and quite well for an addict my age, but luck, good genes and support have had alot to do with it.
I can certainly be thankfull for support, cause the people who helped me recover thru O.D.s were heaven sent, thats for sure, and boy I've lost many friends and family from this disease.
The future ? I know it's a lifelong process,,,, and I do want to be clear,but W.D. is somthing that don't eazier with age.
O.K. Best Of Luck

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:55 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi Stargazer and welcome to the forum. Glad you decided to participate.

So you're currently on suboxone, but still having problems? Are you still relapsing? You weren't clear on that, so I won't address it until I'm sure what you mean. May I ask what dose of suboxone you are on? If you're still having issues with opiates, it's possible (without me knowing anything more), that perhaps you need a higher dose to further eliminate your cravings? Just a shot in the dark. Maybe you can give us some more info and we can see what we can come up with.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject: Relapse? yep.
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:56 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Hello Hatmaker. Thankyou for welcomming me here. Heaven know's I got to get a handle on this. Five days back I'd been using poppy pods,oc & trams, in a daily mix to wipe myself out. That's been going on since May, but I'm back to suboxone now, starting @12mg and dropping 1mg a day, so I'll just get stable on 4mg and take it from there. I've been on high'ish doses of sub before, and the methadone programe in the 80's.
Had the job, big buck's,another functioning addict becomes totally invisible story. That obscure state is hard to take, I've got to make moves to change the status quo. Dealing with emmotional pain, ancient history,,,yep,,,it's time move on,,, and I need HELP.
Thank's

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:35 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

It's Never Too late to change .. And live a clean life w/o wondering when,where and how your next high will be. Glad your back on subs and wanting to get stabled on it.
That is the best gift you can give yourself for Christmas. You will found lots of help around here,lots of caring people on this forum. Thanks for sharing your story and welcome.
Mel

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:34 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Hi Mel, and I need that change, and subs the tool to use cause I've done it before, with Temgesic, to take the sting out of heroin, W.D, like getting rid of the ball, then the chain one link at a time.
And for Christmas I'll settle for that early cheer and clarity sub gives, then work on getting free. Slow taper.

Thank's

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:39 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Stargazer, might I offer you a suggestion? Get stable on suboxone and get your head clear for now. Give yourself plenty of time to stabilize for awhile before you even begin to think about tapering down or off. You need some good time with suboxone on board and in remission before trying to fly without a net again so soon. You're having a lot of trouble, as you said, so maybe it'll be best to stay on sub a little while longer. Spend some time in meetings (if that's your thing), or therapy, or addiction counseling - whatever you choose. But spend some time changing some of your active addiction BEHAVIORS or nothing will change when you go back off suboxone again. Good luck to you. Whatever you decide, we are here for you.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:16 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Thank's hatmaker, it's good that sub gives you that space to clear your mind and I really need that, and I've never gotten high whatever the dose from suboxone. Maybe that's why I find myself relapsing.
What I'd like to do is taper down to 2mg, and then ask the chemist to bring me down "blind". over 2 months.
The chemist said they'd had success doing it that way. After that I'm leaving town, to a place I can't get on.