It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:02 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:08 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Sorry didn't see brown eyed girls post. Idodon't get why my browser is so weird. I'm going to keep dropping each day till I have a problem then stay at that before dropping. I just stocked up on immodium for when it hits the fan. Sorry that I didn't see the post. I'm going to drop some more tomorrow. I really don't know how or why I'm doing this but I am maybe its eveeyones warm wishes and good rhoughts. I am grateful and still highly motivated.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 4:53 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I will post a second post when I have more time, but after following this story... It's just such a typical thing.

You are a sick addict
The pills aren't the problem anymore, you are.
Your use caused a lot of your problems.
Your self centeredness is incredible sometimes. Especially when your wife's dad died. Sheesh.

So.

Instead of looking for ways out that are easier, lying to yourself, blaming everyone else for your problems, blaming everything on everything else you possibly can other than drugs so you don't seem so bad, and only thinking about you and your own happiness.... Try looking in the mirror, accepting you're an addict, accepting that you can't take ANY drugs especially benzos, and just seeing just how much of your problems are solely due to you being a really bad self centered addict.

You are the problem. That's what needs fixing.

Take away all the drugs first, and I bet you'll be just as miserable with all the same problems!

Adios. Good luck.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:34 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

That was a funny last post. Tomorrow half a mg then none. Feel good. No issues. Yes you are right correctly being prescribed meds makes me bad. 50.cents says u a little puss and if we were face to face u would not be able to open your mouth. If anyone is a typical addict it sounds like u. Joke. Anyway toeveryone thanks for all ur help. I figure may maybe I have a few days of stomach issues. Still training. Still eating. No cravings. And to the moron that tjinks I should stop benzos so the muscles around my spine clamp down since benzos are the only real muscle relaxer email me. I'd be more than happy to show you what will power can do. Remember I choose to stop and did. My rides over and I'm getting off.

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:43 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

congrats on "making it" man...have a nice life, GOODBYE NOW!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 6:59 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

So, you're so different than the rest of us "full blown addicts", that you're all done with this little addiction thing, right? Wrong! That's what everyone here has been trying to tell you, only without bruising your enormous ego, which btw, every addict had in the beginning. We see ourselves in you and only want to prevent some of the suffering we have experienced, by sharing what we know to be true with you. That's what this forum is all about. I'm sorry that nobody told you what you wanted to hear man. Nobody doubted for a minute that you were tough and strong, but addiction brings all of it's victims to their knees, regardless of how strong they are. You didn't just have a little pill problem. You are an addict. That's not an insult and nothing to be ashamed of either, just a fact. We all thought we were different somehow so didn't get the kind of help that"those other kind of addicts get" Dr. J calls it terminal uniqueness. That's the perfect way to put it. When it comes to this damn disease, you are not different! you could really benefit from the wisdom and experience of the forum members if you let down some of that cocky front and really listen to what's being said to u. We have all been where you are right now, and sum of us didn't listen to what we were told, so our disease progressed. Make no mistake about it, this is a fight for your life, not just a little bump in your road. Addiction kills people. For a tough guy, you seem to have very thin skin when someone tells you what you don't want to hear. Movie maker, hit the nail on the head and didn't mince any words, but none of it was meant to insult you. I'd encourage you to open your mind and keep coming back here. Everyone really does want the best for u.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 1:07 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Hello Giveit,
I have been following this thread and I hope you continue to update how you are doing. For myself, I try to look at similarities to anybody's story rather than look at the differences in them.

I believe there are a lot of passionate people on this forum and sometimes certain things get them a little "fired-up". I believe this forum was built to help anybody who is first brave enough to ask for help, no matter how they ended up in this situation. One thing about time, it will always find the truth, whether a person stops there physical or mental addiction, or both, time will tell.

I am very glad you posted your story, I here a similar problem related to mine. I was first prescribed pain pills and I knew nothing about the physical addiction to the pills. What I hear you saying is that you made up your mind to quit, you could keep going on the pill merry-go-round, but you decided to take matters in your own hands. It sounds like, to me, that you want whats best for you and your child. The sheer determination and dedication you have has got you this far, keep going. Your taper has been real fast, the one thing I would do is slow down the taper a little, then instead of just stopping, start skipping days. The one common thing I have read about stopping is that doing it slower rather than fast seems to work the best. I wish you the best, please keep posting, maybe I am a little selfish in requesting that, yet everything I read on this forum helps me in my recovery.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 2:32 pm 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

Hey Giveit.
Keep posting. If for nothing else yhen to let us know how the short taper feels. Also to hopefully show all the naysayers you are ok.
There is no need to be calling you names likr a toughguy. I am pissed off people are trying to consign your efforts as pointless.
F...ing go for it. it CAN be done.
Sometimes people are so caught up in their own addiction they think it is also near impossible for anyone else to get out of it.
It is just a damm drug. We can either take it or not. Once i got that into my head i found the resolve. Different things work for different people.
Before everyone howls me down. I have been using and on methadone prob total 15 years. Stopped using 5 years ago. on sub 3 years. Now off all.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 3:11 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

When I said he was tough,I didn't mean that with any malice at all what so ever. As I recall the only name calling was when he called movie maker a puss who'd be speechless if ever coming face to face with him. I'm neither fired up nor angry and only wish all who seek recovery the best.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 6:11 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Justdoit4u wrote:
Hello Giveit,
I have been following this thread and I hope you continue to update how you are doing. For myself, I try to look at similarities to anybody's story rather than look at the differences in them.

I believe there are a lot of passionate people on this forum and sometimes certain things get them a little "fired-up". I believe this forum was built to help anybody who is first brave enough to ask for help, no matter how they ended up in this situation. One thing about time, it will always find the truth, whether a person stops there physical or mental addiction, or both, time will tell.

I am very glad you posted your story, I here a similar problem related to mine. I was first prescribed pain pills and I knew nothing about the physical addiction to the pills. What I hear you saying is that you made up your mind to quit, you could keep going on the pill merry-go-round, but you decided to take matters in your own hands. It sounds like, to me, that you want whats best for you and your child. The sheer determination and dedication you have has got you this far, keep going. Your taper has been real fast, the one thing I would do is slow down the taper a little, then instead of just stopping, start skipping days. The one common thing I have read about stopping is that doing it slower rather than fast seems to work the best. I wish you the best, please keep posting, maybe I am a little selfish in requesting that, yet everything I read on this forum helps me in my recovery.

+1

Let us know how you progress. Can't help with a faster taper plan as I ended up fed up and just jumped at about 1.5mgs. If you really want fast, just stop.. otherwise, slow and steady taper is best. Good luck to you!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 9:26 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Well, it's been six days since we last heard from the OP, giveitmyall. Shocker. Yeah, that's sarcasm. Make no mistake, I get no joy whatsoever from someone potentially relapsing. Despite what the OP may have thought I wanted nothing but success for him. Unfortunately, the way he is going about it simply does not work and he clearly didn't want to even consider what everyone tried to tell him. Perhaps I'm wrong and he'll come back with a positive update. The odds and statistics are simply not on his side. I bring this all up for others reading along who perhaps have the same delusions. This blasted disease is just way, way more difficult to beat than many think.

If you are still there, giveit, please give us an update so we can try to continue helping through this process.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:02 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hey donh, I was also wondering what became of give. I hope his absence means he's doing well, but knowing this disease as I do, the odds of that aren't good.

We addicts are quick to become defensive and feel attacked when confronted with all of our excuses, justifications, and explanations, feel insulted sometimes put up a wall. Unfortunately our OP, it seems, did just that and was unable to accept what we were saying to him.
If your still around giveit, please know we weren't being mean to you. All we wanted to do was point out to you that you are an addict. The word addict has some real negative connotations and some people envision a scary, drooling, dirty desperate person hell bent on doing anything and breaking any law to get a fix. We all know that's a ridiculous and unfair stereotype. Addicts come from all walks of life, and could be anyone you know. This disease doesn't discriminate against gender, race, culture, or circumstance. So just because you don't fit the bill of what you consider to be a "full blown addict" doesn't man you're not one. It's not an insult, and nothing to be ashamed of and a huge part of beating this thing is admitting that you're an addict. We were concerned that you didn't seem to realize this fact about yourself. I know you only asked for some advice about how to quickly get off subs, and didn't hear much of what you were looking for on that subject. But we would have been remiss, after reading your story, not to point out the things that we did. Of course illegally obtaining addiction treatment medication, hiding it in your car from your wife, and blaming all your relationship woes on someone out something other than yourself or your addiction, is classic addict behavior. We should know, we've all done it! That's all I wanted to do was point that out to you.sometimes it's hard to see it while you are living it, ya know? Every person in the world is special in one way or another, but when it comes to the disease of addiction that we're all fighting here, none of us if special or immune from the symptoms of it, symptoms you very clearly displayed. Even the strongest willed people in the world fall prey to this distorted thinking that we are unique and therefore only need a little gumption to beat it. You did join a forum for recovering addicts seeking help and support from one another, right? So why not accept that help and advice instead of relying on your own thinking. Your own good thinking got you here, as it did all of us. KWIM?

we all really wish you success, so please consider coming back to tell us how it's going. If your still going strong, we wanna cheer you on and hear how you've done it, and if not, then we wanna help you get up and dust yourself off and try again.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 5:07 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I hope you're doing okay. And an update would be much appreciated. :)