It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:12 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Simply put, Help!
PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:42 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

I've made several other posts, explaining the severity of which I need help. Before offering up advice please read my past posts. I've been fighting to not just give up for a long time now, I am so drained of the will to continue, I honestly don't know how much more I can keep pushing my self. My life just is filling up with more and more problems, and mentally I have nothing left. A human mind can only go so far, and I'm so worried of just having a mental break down to the point of which I don't recover. I'm not sure if I said this before, but I've been staying with my mom. Her and my step dad broke up and he left her with nothing but debt. We lost our house because of just not having the money. I'm on SSI and have little money, but with my money, her pay check, and the support my step dad had to pay, we got a little apartment. Dealing with other people fighting and just hearing them makes it hard to live here but it's what we could afford. In July of this year he no longer has to pay support, and with out that money we can longer even afford to live here. So unless we win the lottery in the next couple months, we will be on the street. Our only option other then the street is to try and get into the housing projects that are flooded with drugs, there way of controlling the drug issue is if you have a history of drug use they will deny your application. So this might not even be an option for me, I have no friends and no where to go, so having to be on the streets is a real possibility. My suboxone doctor is old and clearly showing sign of alzheimer's, his wife and daughter are keeping him in business. I go for my visits and I don't even see him personally anymore, his daughter dose most of the work, she has a prescription pad that has at least 10 pre signed prescriptions. He is at the office and if I do run into him and ask a question he angrily tells me he doesn't know and to ask his wife. It seems that he no longer has any other patients other then suboxone users, and due to lack of other income, he has now double the price for a visit. I could hardly afford it as it was, but now I might have to quite with continuing getting help, I know I'm not ready to be off it yet, but due to cost I might have no choice. What do some of you pay for a monthly visit? I also have mental health problems, that I'm not getting properly treated due to the fact they are way over their patient load. I've been trying to tell my self other wise, but it is becoming obvious to me my mental issues are getting worse. I recently went to the dentist and there is clear signs suboxone is taking it's toll on my teeth, I'm trying to get work done but due to the fact that I am on suboxone they will not give me pain medication. I'm physically and mentally broke down. Life is getting harder and harder to keep on living. I had suicidal issues for a long time, and I just don't know when too much will be too much. I'm only human I can't fight forever with no break and gaining no improvements, just more problems thickening the wall I have to fight through.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 2:07 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

First off I won't offer advice because you said you don't want it without reading your other postings. I don't know where those are and since you've had about 10 of them... it would be difficult to link them all together for the purpose of offering support.

I will say that [from reading the above] it seems your problems are more financial than anything else. If thats the case, you might want to look at federal and state aid programs to supplement your SSI. I don't know what state you live in but here is a good site for relief on the federal level

http://www.usa.gov/Citizen/Topics/Benefits.shtml

There is also a program with the Bupe drug mfg company in which they offer free meds for a period of time for those who meet their requirements. Try looking at the following

http://www.rxassist.org/pap-info/compan ... ?CmpId=173

FYI... Subs has nothing to do with your teeth problems if you are brushing/rinsing properly and on a regular basis.

Perhaps someone with more time can look at your other posts and help with what you are looking for... I'm sorry you are having these problems and wish you the best. I also hope you will go and get your local phone book and call your Hotline for Suicide Prevention. You can call 911 to get the number or else call here: 1-800-SUICIDE (1-800-784-2433)

Post subject: Patient Assistance
PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 2:26 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Here is more info on the Assistance Program

Dendrite Regulatory Compliance
1025 Boulders Parkway, Suite 301
Richmond, VA 23225
Phone : 866-512-2216

Eligibility
> The patient can have no public or private prescription insurance and have an income at or below $27,000 for an individual ($36,500 for a family of two, $46,000 for a family of three). The patient must have medical diagnosis of opoid dependence. The patient must also be a US resident and 16 years or older.
Who Can Apply
> The doctor/doctor's office should call for an enrollment form.
Required
> The doctor must fill out a section and sign the application.The patient must fill out a section, sign the application and attach proof of income.
Supply
> Up to a 30-day supply
Ship To
> Doctor's office
Note
> The doctor/doctor's office should call for an enrollment form.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:09 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I, too, haven't been able to go thru your previous posts. But I'd like to offer the following:

If you are only on social security disability (SSDI), you may also qualify for SSI - supplemental income. You can go to the social security website and find out more. I believe you can actually apply for it online, too.

Also, with regard to therapy, try contacting your local community mental health agency. They should be able to direct you to some form of counseling.

Good luck and let us know how you're doing.

Melissa

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:19 pm 
Suboxfreedom, how kind of you to look those links up for Dottapro....very nice! I hope that helps you Dottapro.
I'm sorry it seems you cannot catch a break from your struggles. The fact that you come back here from time to time tells me that you still have some small glimmer of hope and I'm glad for that. I know you have said repeatedly that you don't want cliche encouragements, so I'm going to try not to go there.
Please look into the information that Suboxfreedom has so graciously provided you with.
If you are feeling at any point that you are truly done fighting and done with this life....please pick up a phone and call 911 or a Suicide Prevention Hotline!
Forgive me if I offend you or am going against what you have asked, but I must say that I believe God put you here for a reason....your life is NOT without worth....sometimes the only way 'out' is 'through' and 'through' can be very, very painful. I don't know why your life has been so difficult or why it feels so meaningless....but I do know that faith and a belief in a Higher Power (for me it is God) can do what no human being and no medication can do.
As always....praying that things will get better for you.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:55 pm 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

Hello DottaPro
I have gone back and read some of your ealier post'. I am far from any kind of Mental / Medical Expert But, I can tell when someone is reaching out for help!! To me it looks like you have been reaching out for help one way or another on the web since last July. I can only suggest that you use that energy to reach out for Face to Face help in your area... I'm not sure where you live But there must be some kind of Public asst. programs where you are?? If you have tried that then call someone else... Call the Red Cross or some of the #'s that SuboxFreedom has given you BUT PLEASE call someone... If you would like to tell me your general location I would be glad to do some searching for you... You mention Suicide many times in your post' I can tell you from a person who has been touched by Suicide personally its not the way to go!!!! It will devastate any family or friends you may have... You sound like your a younger person ( 20's ) you have so much to live for that you don't even know about yet!! Give yourself a chance to see what life is like when you are not so DOWN... There is help out there YOU just have to keep looking until you find the right HELP for YOU!!! You also mention in one of your post' that you would like to get in a relationship at some point? You need to get your head right and be able to talk with someone about other subjects than Depression and Death!!! There is someone out there for you, But you need to get Healthy so you can find that person....Do yourself and All of us a favor and try just a little harder to find help in your area........ Please keep us posted... Know that I am praying for you and all of us Sick & struggling addicts....
Best of Luck in your Recovery!!

God Bless
TW

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:30 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

DottaPro....

I am so glad to hear that you are still trying to get yourself help. I am going to respect your wishes and try not to offend you in any way by not preaching to you. I did try to help a little while back, but I don't think you wanted to hear anything I have to say. I understand and it's cool. I really hope that you look into the info suboxfreedom provided. I wish there was something that I or any of us could do for you specifically. You did ask how much some of us pay for treatment so I will tell you what I pay. I paid $250 for first visit. I pay $100 per regular visit. I go once per month (every 4th wednesday, so every 28 days). The meds at Rite Aid cost $6.50 per pill approx. It comes to $292.xx for the 45 - 8mg suboxone and $100 for the visit (about $400 for meds and Dr.). I travel a bit to get there so that is another expense making MY total about $500 per month. If you lived nearby a treatment center or doctor then the travel expenses could be minimal. My doctor is in NJ right outside of Phila, PA. I live North East PA and drive about 125 miles each way.

I truely truely hope that things get better for you and you can work through this extremely rough time you have been having. I hope someone who can help or encourage you to do so, this way you can work things out. Please take care.

"Have no fear of perfection - you'll never reach it." ---Salvador Dali

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:52 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

I appreciate the information. I don't know how much it will help but it's more then the people I pay to give me help have done for me. The reason why I come here is because outside of this site I have no one to ask for any help, or anyone to even just listen to me. I don't live in a huge city, but it's the biggest one, outside the major city of my state. We are the biggest in our county, so we have everyone from all these little cities coming and it uses up the resources we have here. Because of the situation our counties HM/MR where I might be able to get some help, hasn't excepted new patients for 2 years, if you call they tell you they are full and give you a number for there spill over facility. Which is where I'm stuck now, it's a horrible place and the help is second rate at best. I've done everything I could possible think of doing, and exhausted all my options. I don't have it in me to keep trying and being disappointed. I barely can keep my self doing just what I need to make it through a day. I'm just too tired anymore, I've been under stress for so long with out a break, something is going to give either my mind is going to go, or my heart is going to stop. Coming here is the best I can do for my self at the time being. I get the max help I can through SSI, I've tried but don't qualify for anything more then what I have.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:06 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi again DottaPro,

I so sorry you're going thru this. Getting it out and talking about it sounds cliche, but even on an online forum it will help. So post as long and as often as you need to. I can't offer any more concrete advice on where to go for assistance, but I and everyone here will be here with support.

Please take care.

Melissa

Post subject: I'll do my best
PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:05 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I am so sorry for your deep pain. I wanted to respond and knew if I went back and read all of your old posts, it would get too late, and I would not wind up responding tonight which I wanted to do, so please forgive me if I ask a question that you have previously answered. I dont know what state you are in, but it sounds like you could very much benefit from a psych evaluation to address issues other than opiate dependence. You are living with your mom, how is that relationship? I had a hard time determining your age range from your post, early twenties or a bit older. do you have any ties to where you live that are non negotiable? do you take care of your mother? kids? Your environment is quite toxic, and if you genuinely want help feeling better (which it sounds like you do), I can guide you the best I can, as I am a therapist and quite familiar with community resources available in my state, but am aware of certain services that are standard state to state. I would consider possibly Baker Acting yourself which is a non voluntary committment to a psychiatric hospital if someone is at risk of harming themselves or someone else. It will give you 3 days where a psychiatrist can evaluate you to see if there are other mental health issues going on that can be addressed. You can also request a case manager who acts as a liason between you and services you are eligible for such as housing, food stamps, education, insurance, employment etc... Its a good feeling to know that someone is looking out for you with no agenda and no expectations. As far as your issues with your teeth, contact a dental school if you live near a major university and many times you can have work done for free by a last year dental student that is supervised by a professor who is a licensed dentist.
Take a minute, slow down, read all the posts which should put a little smile on your face that this many people around the country care enough to respond. If I can help in any way, please just ask...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:18 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

There are a lot of people on here far more qualified than me to give advice, but here is what I have. Having been severely depressed, hopeless, and suicidal at points in my life, I know that it is EXTREMELY difficult to act on the advice you are given because it is hard to figure out where to start or make decisions.

You may want to start by listing the stressors such as possible suboxone loss, financial stress, dental issues, family, etc. Put them in order of most importance. It is was me I would put suboxone at the top because if you lose your suboxone without a taper plan everything else will surely be more difficult.

Then look through the posts of other advice people have given and just take it one at a time taking actions on the most important concerns first....like suboxone. Tomorrow, start making calls. If you get stuck, send a private message to someone or post back in this thread. People will jump in to help you on the more specific struggles I am sure.

If that doesn't work for you, a crisis line can always help map these things out with you and help you figure out where to start.