It is currently Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:23 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 11:50 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I'm on day 2 of suboxone. I was prescribed 8mg twice a day. I'm coming off a 200-300mg addiction from oxycodone. This medicine absolutely works! I just have a few side effects I was wondering if this is common? I noticed last night I started getting blurry vision, everything was really bright? It started to give me panic and anxiety. Today I noticed some anxiety again and a headache? I also feel this weird sensation in my jaw? I'm also off klonopin .5 mg for sleep that I wouldn't use everynight. I'm not addicted to klonopin and have plenty of pills laying around. I'm wondering if I'm having some benzo withdrawal or it's suboxone side effects? Besides that , I also notice ill sweat a little or get the chills but it quickly passes, I mean maybe for a few moments.

Thanks everyone.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 5:34 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

A lot of it is probably just your body adjusting to bring on a partial agonist (suboxone) rather than a full agonist (oxycodone). The fact that you are stopping klonopin may bring some extra stuff into the mix. It's a good time to quit the benzos though, as a lot of doctors don't allow sub patients to take benzos, due to the added CNS depression. I have heard from others that sub makes it easier to quit the benzos as well. The only thing that sounds strange to me is the blurred vision, hopefully someone who knows more about benzos will chime in here.

I'd just give it a few days and see how you feel then. Congrats on getting off the pills and onto suboxone. It's a great tool to give you some time to straighten your life out. I encourage you to read more on the forums here, there's a ton of helpful information to use on your recovery journey!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 7:00 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thank you for the reply! Today is day 5 and I feel much better. I'm guessing I'm adjusting to the medicine and my anxiety has lessened. I'm so happy because I was worried I would always feel like this and have to quit. This is the first time in forever that I feel like I can beat this addiction! I'm very grateful for this medicine and I'm so glad I made the decision to start. I was on a very bad path. I've blown so much money it makes me want to vomit. I was thinking of ways to kill myself because I couldn't stand myself and felt I would never stop. I know that I have to work on myself and it's not just about taking suboxone. I still need to find meetings near me where I feel comfortable...I tried a few and it was eh? I guess I'll try Aa , I heard people say they like those meetings better for some reason.

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 7:53 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I'm so glad you're feeling better. It does take some time to adjust to sub, but it is well worth it. I know exactly where you're coming from. I spent over 100k in the last two years of my addiction. When I think about it now, I could own a house and a nice car. Of course, I have neither, and it will likely be quite a while until I do.

I'm not a meeting person, but I did have to go to in-house meetings in rehab, and I also preferred AA. I have heard many others say the same. Go for whatever you're comfortable with, some of those meetings tend to be very judgmental about bupe, so you may not want to mention it, but that's up to you.