It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 2:27 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:05 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

After Rapid Detox I did well in the withdrawal symptom category.
Right now I am feeling a little out of my skin. Like I am coming down from hallucinogenics.
Has this happened to anyone else? And if so, WHEN DOES IT GO AWAY?
I feel weird just driving. Have to go back to work Monday after 3 weeks. I heard week 3 is usually the toughest mark. Guess I just need to get through the week. Would love some advice for going back to work.
Being that I am a Bar Tender, I have to be social. My regulars all know what I did. Just worried about the people I don't see every day.
"Who is the nut job pouring my beer?"
That is pretty much how I feel.
HEEEELLLLP!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:50 am 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

Shellice,

I really am sorry that you are having so much trouble….I’m not really that surprised (you’re in withdrawal, and that sucks), but I know you must feel like crap. :(

I have been at the mechanics since 7am (my turn signals stopped working) with only my smart phone for entertainment, and I have been surfing the internet all morning. I went to subsux.com (I’ve never really looked at that site at all, but I am bored), and I noticed your post on the site. I am NOT judging you for that; I was really happy that you were asking people for help getting off the benzos there….I think that is a GREAT step, and I hope that you get some good ideas.

I only bring this up because I noticed that you mentioned that you had tapered down to 3.5mg of the Xanax and also tried to go off the Neurontin, and I think that this may be a big part of your symptoms. How were you feeling BEFORE you cut back on the Xanax? Are you still off the Neirontin? How did you feel before you got off that? I’ve never taken Neurontin, so I don’t know anything about it, but I do know that tapering off of benzos made me feel foggy and disconnected.

If it isn’t the benzos, it definitely could be from opiate withdrawal. When I was still using full agonists, I would try to stop, get past the physical symptoms, but still have the mental issues (anxiety, fogginess, and confusion) for months. I think you will find that most opiate addicts go through this…it’s why we feel “normal” on opiates, and it is one of the things that drives opiate addicts to relapse. I had the same issues with being afraid to drive, etc.

I didn’t have these symptoms when I tapered off sub (before my relapse), but I went off really slowly, and you pretty much jumped from 16mg. I didn’t feel good, but nowhere near as bad as I did going off full agonists.

You probably don’t want to hear this, but I don’t think you are going to feel “normal” for a long time. Even if the opiate withdrawals pass, you are going to have w/d coming off the Xanax, Soma, and Neurontin. This is where meeting come in….you really need support to get through this time as it is a dangerous time for an addict.

Have you called the detox place and told them what is going on? They should be able to tell you if this is how you should feel 3 weeks after the procedure, or if there is something wrong.

Also, I really hope that you read the posts from your original thread under “Why the Anger”…a lot of people took the time to try to express their concerns to you. I don’t know how other people felt, but I was a little annoyed that you ignored those replies and started a new thread in a different category….not mad, just annoyed.

One question….given all of your current symptoms…do you still think the rapid detox was worth it? :?:

All that aside, I STILL wish you the best, and hope you continue to updated us.

Take Care,
Elizabeth

Subs Not Drugs!!!

"Don't hope for a life without problems. An easy life results in a judgmental and lazy mind."
- Zen Master Kyong Ho

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:37 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Yes. It was worth it. I think if ANYONE jumped off of 16mgs after 3 years would feel a whole lot worse than I.
The Neurontin IS helping. I have been trying to not take some meds and noticed without that med I am a little bit worse. I may need it for a few more weeks.
I only take half a Soma in the morning and half at night before bed. I am NOT abusing them. I am using them.
I am on Seroquel for sleep. It is helping immensely. I will be tapering off of those this weekend so I can get REAL sleep.
I did call the clinic. They said that the low energy after detox is the same for everyone, no matter how you do it. Your body has to adjust to having NO opiates in it. It should fade away day by day by my stage right now.
My only issue is that the Rapid Detox Center calls in my scripts weekly. It is great for supervision and weening, but my anxiety meds being lowered too soon is causing more anxiety. I have been at 4mgs of Xanax for 3 years as well.
I am going to an addictionologist in Reno. Have to make the appointment, but he is covered under my insurance.
I am sure he will be curious about the Rapid Detox procedure I had done, being not too many people take that route.
He is not able to prescribe Suboxone. But knows much about it. I am hoping thiings will fall into place with him.
I started a new thread because things were getting crazy in the other one.
Not too sure why it bothers you that I started a new one. People start new threads every day.
It is not that I was not willing to take the advice from anyone, it was just that my symptoms and circumstances were different and I am under the care of Rapid Detox right now. I was listening to them. After all, they should know what they are talking about also.
I am off of Sub, and a lot of you aren't, so I wasn't sure what advice to take. It was all very confusing.
Didn't mean to start another fire here. Just wanted a fresh start....

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:01 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

sugarcain,

There is a great blog called Beyond Meds (if you google that you'll find it) that has tons of info about tapering/detoxing off of benzos. I highly recommend it.

-Jack Kornfield

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 12:06 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

The thing that people should get out of the threads by sugarcain is that 'rapid opiate detox' is anything but rapid. I hear you, sugarcain, that you believe that you would be worse off if you 'jumped from 16 mg of Suboxone after 4 years'-- but that is not consistent with what I have seen in the vast majority of people. There are certainly people who post about months of misery after stopping Suboxone, but one must remember that high dose buprenorphine has been used for several hundred thousand opiate addicts in Europe and a similar number in the US-- over a half million people! With numbers that large, there will be people with all sorts of experiences. The people who have made their Suboxone-withdrawal into a lifestyle are going to be the ones who post; the people who simply stop it and move on do not tend to hang out on message boards complaining about their experiences. So there is a selection bias in those who post about miserable experiences.

I have written about the several people (now up to half a dozen) who had minimal if any withdrawal when stopping high dose bupe. The usual experience is several weeks of low-level withdrawal and intense cravings. The biggest problem is the psychological nature of withdrawal; some people will focus more and more 'inward', aware of ever drop of sweat as if it is killing them. The withdrawal can be lessened to a large degree by distraction; a person who has a bunch of other things going on will notice the fatigue but will be otherwise functional.... until he has some time to think about how he is feeling. If he thinks long enough, he will feel horrible! That is why the best suggestions for dealing with withdrawal include staying as busy as possible. This distraction does NOT work near as well-- if at all-- when it comes to withdrawal from opiate agonists.

Back to 'rapid' detox... sugarcain, if you go back and look at your posts, you described feeling 'out of it' for the first week, and continue to describe significant misery now. Your experience is in line with the peer-reviewed research on rapid opiate detox. I'm not talking about people writing about subjective experiences. I'm referring to studies where their were independent, blinded observers who scored the symptoms, and who didn't know whether the person did 'rapid' or conventional detox. Such studies show that very little, if any, misery is avoided by rapid detox. Again, this is not much of a surprise when you look at what happens during detox. As I have discussed earlier, there is no 'flushing' or 'cleansing' of receptors during rapid detox; the only difference is that the mu receptor is bound with naloxone or naltrexone from day one, rather than waiting for buprenorphine's plasma level to drop. EVEN WHEN THE MU RECEPTOR IS INSTANTLY BLOCKED BY ANTAGONIST, THE RECOVERY OF THE RECEPTOR AND THE NEURON TO A NORMAL STATE TAKES WEEKS TO OCCUR.

Here is an analagous situation. It is Saturday and you and your roommate have bad colds. You have a choice of taking an antiviral medication that kills the cold virus, or simply waiting it out. You take the medication, and sure enough, the virus is gone much quicker than in your roommate, who doesn't want to spend the money. But in both cases the virus has already damaged the surface of the lining of your nasal passages and trachea, and those areas weep mucous, making both you and your roommate cough like crazy. After two days, your roommate's immune system has fired up and destroyed all of the virus particles that you got rid of two days earlier... but the rate limiting step at this point is NOT getting rid of the virus-- it is waiting for the damaged mucous membranes to repair themselves. That takes the same amount of time in either case, and so you and your roommate are sick for the same length of time. This is why, by the way, antivirals are only considered useful if used within the first 24 hours of a viral infection; beyond that time the damage is done, and clearing the virus a tiny bit faster offers no advantage.

When the stimulation of opiate receptors by agonists or partial agonists is reversed by an antagonist, the downstream pathways stop firing completely, as there is no basal tone coming from the receptors after they are blocked. Over days and weeks, the other pathways adjust to this change in firing pattern. It takes a certain length of time, whether the process was initiated quickly or slowly. Sugarcain, this is what you are describing. If a person stops cold turkey they will feel miserable for about two weeks; if you use rapid opiate detox you only feel miserable for 14 days.

I did not realize you were taking all of those benzos; to be brutally frank, you were really done a disservice, in my opinion, by the 'rapid' people. It is VERY difficult to come off benzos; by charging you money to take you off buprenorphine, while leaving you to deal with BENZO withdrawal, they treated something easy and left you with something very difficult-- and dangerous. Nobody dies from opiate w/d, but you CAN die from benzo w/d. You will likely end up paying for inpatient detox anyway, to get off benzos; what they SHOULD have done is put you in a position to detox from both at the same time, for example load you up with depakote or phenobarb and then taper you down safely in a hospital. Sending a person out onto the streets who is in the dire state of precipitated w/d (from naltrexone), who is also taking large amounts of benzos, is a recipe for disaster.

You made your choice, sugarcain, and I hope that you are successful moving forward. I consistently remind people that the hard part is NOT getting off opiates-- it is STAYING off opiates. Anyone can hole up for a couple weeks and be sick; it stinks, yes, but compared to cancer I know which one I would choose. The problem becomes, what does one do NOW? Opiate addicts typically experience cravings for years and years; they tend to be at their worst just when our defenses are lowest. This experience of reading your posts, which have irritated a number of people over and over again, will hopefully hold some value to those who step back and read with a critical eye. Your life off buprenorphine is just beginning. Yes, you get to celebrate the fact that 'you are off, and other people are not'. But those who accept that they have a chronic illness, and who believe that their illness is as deserving of treatment of any other illness, may want to skip the drama and enjoy the freedom from obsession that buprenorphine provides.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 9:55 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Sugarcain,

You continue asserting someone who jumped off 16mg after 3 years would feel a whole lot worse than you. Have you listened to anything I have said? I have repeatedly told you I felt pretty much the same as you at three weeks off sub. I was done with the physical withdrawal, fatigued, confused, moody, depressed, and anxious. The worst part was the fatigue. One day I would feel like things were getting better and I would feel great. The next day I would feel like making the coffee was a chore and would be tired. I took a variety of non-addictive drugs for about 7 days in the beginning. It worked in terms of alleviating my symptoms and I paid about $15 for them plus an ER visit covered by my insurance. I worked through the whole thing taking only 1/2 day off. You have had 3 weeks off work. So let's just be really clear.......you don't KNOW that you feel BETTER than someone who JUMPED without rapid detox, and from what you have been told, IT IS NOT MUCH DIFFERENT AND IN FACT SOME PEOPLE HAVE REPORTED FEELING EXACTLY THE SAME AS ME WITHOUT RAPID DETOX AND THAT THEY WERE MORE FUNCTIONAL AND MISSED LESS WORK. What is the problem with acknowledging this?

I don't know how you will receive any valuable responses when you intentionally withhold pertinent information. Clearly you really don't want "help" with your problem or you would tell people what is really going on. I am not sure exactly what it is you DO want from us.

I truly don't understand why someone would pay $10,000 for rapid detox because they were too sleepy on the suboxone and felt like a "slave" to it only to continue to ACTUALLY be a slave to benzo's. I also do not know how you expect to be any less sleepy when you are on neurontin, xanax, and soma. You said you were sleepy on the suboxone but are you sure that wasn't the xanax at work? You could have tapered extremely low on the suboxone without ANY real withdrawal and that would have likely eliminated the sleepiness from the sub. Clearly you are having difficulty tapering the Xanax and feeling foggy. Isn't this one of the symptoms that caused you to try rapid detox? If so, I am confused as to how this "worked" for you. The rapid detox people failed to disclose a lot of things to you and now you are left holding the bag trying to figure out what to do about all of it. You still have to figure out how to achieve the state you truly desired to begin with. Clearly you don't trust their treatment plan any longer because you are abandoning it for your own and are going to an addictionologist. How can you say it worked or that you are satisfied when your statements and behavior suggests you are anything but happy with it?

Right when you got back from Rapid Detox I recall you saying that you would feel better by "Monday". Monday came and went and you didn't feel better. So again, clearly the outcome isn't exactly what you had expected and it wasn't as helpful or as great as you thought it would be or were maybe led to believe.

I do think the addictionologist is a good start and I really hope he recommends additional treatment and therapy for you. I hope he can help you devise a plan to get off of the benzo's because I think that will be very helpful to you.

My frustration is that your inability to absorb what people are saying to you about THEIR experiences could cause harm to someone else as you continue to advertise that rapid detox "worked". Do you really want another person to come in here and potentially spend all of their savings on rapid detox thinking it "works" only to realize they could have done an inpatient detox with some comfort meds and been in the exact same position as you (not working, foggy, still hooked on benzo's, still searching for answers) after about a week? Is it your intent that others read your thread and learn rapid detox works and that they should go get it themselves because "it worked"?

I hope you will consider inpatient treatment and discuss this option with the addictionologist. I hope he has some answers for you. I also hope work was ok. I can't imagine trying to run around doing high energy bartending when you are still experiencing the fatigue associated with PAWS. I am hoping it was distracting as Dr. Junig mentioned. I know I always felt a little better at work than I did at home, but I wasn't on all the benzo's either so I am not sure how that might impact you. Someone suggested going to meetings and I would agree. When my PAWS were at there worst, meetings also distracted me and made me feel a little better.

I hope you will stick around and let us know what the Addictionologist recommends.

Cherie

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 4:10 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I am not ADVOCATING Rapid Detox. It was a choice that I made and I feel it was the right one for me.
I know that people don't get spending this kind of money, but they do. I was there. 16 patients a week. And a few, that had gotten back on strong opiates from surgeries went back again. I met two that did this. NOW THAT IS CRAZY. Spending that kind of money twice?
They are not just dropping me from my benzo's as they knew I was on them before hand. They have just started weening me to 3.5 a day, and I feel it is too soon. That and the scripts have to be called in once a week from the Dr. in Michigan.
I worry that I may have trouble one week and be without my benzo's as I know they are dangerous to just quit.
That is why I am finding a local Dr. that can help with my needs. I am going to be openly honest with him about what I did and that I am on a blocker. It will be nice to sit with someone that actually has knowledge about this. Kind of regret doing this in the first place. But I can't look back and be angry anymore. I have to let that go. It was consuming me and taking too much of my energy.
I understand what Dr. Junig is saying. But I also know that there can be bad cases with Bupe withdrawal and I was scared. But please do not think I am blogging here to send people to Michigan, or to scare anyone. If it is easy to ween from, than there is nothing to my story that can help I guess.
I don't know what pertinent information you are referring to. Maybe just ask me. Because I am not sure I know what it is you want me to post. I would be happy to openly answer anything asked.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 4:23 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

And as far as the benzo's, well, I have been on a high dose for awhile, and am probably having REBOUND anxiety. My body is used to the dosage. Which is hard because I truly HAVE anxiety, and since there is a tolerance, it is not working correctly. But there is also a problem with weening too fast.
The same Dr. had me on both of these meds. The same dosage for a long time. It will take a long time to get off of everything. It takes a while to build a habit, it takes longer to stop.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 6:53 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Its funny how people judge u for spending your "own money" when we lie cheat and steal on are loved ones. It seems like a double standard. It was your choice to spend your money on rapid detox. of course your going to bitch and moan anyone going threw withdrawl would. Your method u took mite not be the best decision but its done can't change it now. So all u can do is hang in there and try to get better day by day and I support u.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 6:59 pm 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

Shellice,

First of all….how are you feeling today? In general, do you think you are getting better as the days progress, or are you feeling about the same as when you left detox? Do you feel about the same every day, or are there good days and bad?

After I read Dr. Junig’s post last night, I went back and re-read all of the other posts from the previous topics and did a lot of thinking. This situation is difficult for me because I clearly see both sides of the issue. I think you probably realize that most people on this forum don’t agree with your decision to go to rapid detox, and we have been frustrated by some of the things that you have said (or the way that you said them). I know this because, I am one of those frustrated people.

On the other hand, sometimes I think we are not giving you enough credit for the good things you have done. Most impressive to me is the fact that you continue to return and post on this site. And, for the most part, you avoid any sort of personal attacks on other members. Granted, you expressed some negativity toward Suboxone that riled some feathers, but I can’t recall a time that you were nasty towards a person, and I have an incredible amount of respect for that. Many people, especially when they feel as bad as you do right now, would have gone off on somebody or simply left and never returned.

The fact is, you did choose to get off opiates….I don’t agree with the method you chose, but some people don’t agree with the method I chose either . The important part is that you decided to stop using opiates, and I applaud that decision. When I saw your post on the other web site, I took it differently than some people who saw it as an attempt to find people who agree with you (although I don’t know if that really is a bad thing….that desire is what lead me to this page and away from other sites online). I think you really do want information and help, and you are asking around to get as many opinions as possible.

I really do think that you are experiencing major withdrawal symptoms right now….both from the opiates and from the benzos. I am trying to remember how I acted when I was going through all this, and consider that feeling when I read your posts. I don’t think it is an excuse for anything, but it is a pertinent piece of information in understanding where you are coming from right now.

A lot of our frustration comes from the fact that you sometimes seem to disregard what we say….I think Jackcrack’s latest post is a good example if that. This is also what I meant in my last posts when I expressed frustration about you posting somewhere else…I don’t care that you started a new topic, but I would have appreciated a comment about everything that was said on the old one as well.

I am hoping that you are just suffering from information overload combined with feeling crappy from w/d and that, when you are feeling better, you will re-read some of what has been said and think about it.

I want to respond to your posts, but I also wanted to tell you what was on my mind first, and clear the air. I decided to do that in a separate post so that you wouldn’t have one long post to deal with. I have come to realize that, just as no one is going to convince us that Suboxone is “trading one drug for another” (which it isn’t!!!!), we aren’t going to convince you at this point that rapid detox was a bad idea. So, I am going to try to step off that argument, and just focus on your concerns right now.

I'll post an actual reply to your posts in a minute.

Subs Not Drugs!!!

"Don't hope for a life without problems. An easy life results in a judgmental and lazy mind."
- Zen Master Kyong Ho

Post subject: actual response
PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 7:07 pm 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

My main concern for you right now (probably everyone’s main concern) is all the medication you are taking…..especially the benzos. You said the doctors changed your prescription to 3.5mg of Xanax a day…have you gone down yet? How did you feel? When is the next dose reduction for that med?

You mentioned: “They are not just dropping me from my benzo's as they knew I was on them before hand. They have just started weening me to 3.5 a day, and I feel it is too soon.” When you were at the rapid detox, did you discuss your plan for tapering off the Xanax with the doctors there? I have heard you mention that it is too soon (or something similar) a few times…..when were you thinking would be the right time to do this?

With regards to the Xanax, you also said: “And as far as the benzo's, well, I have been on a high dose for awhile, and am probably having REBOUND anxiety. My body is used to the dosage. Which is hard because I truly HAVE anxiety, and since there is a tolerance, it is not working correctly. But there is also a problem with weening too fast.”
1. Have you ever tried taking SSRI’s/SNRI’s (Prozac, Effexor, Wellbutrin, etc) for the anxiety. It may help you to start on these while you taper the Xanax to help control your anxiety.
2. Have you ever tried meditation or any other behavioral excersises to control your anxiety….there is a great link about this (can’t remember what the title is right now), and there are a lot of people on this site that can tell you more about that. I found cognitive behavioral therapy was really helpful for me, so you may want to look into that to help reduce your anxiety while weening.

You also said: “Kind of regret doing this in the first place. But I can't look back and be angry anymore. I have to let that go. It was consuming me and taking too much of my energy”…What did you regret? Was that the xanax? The bupe? Sorry….I just was confused and want to make sure I know what you are saying. :?:

When is your appointment with the addicitonologist?

Have you been going to meetings? I agree with Jackcrack…they really do help at this stage of withdrawal (as a distraction , place for support, and place to learn the tools necessary to stay sober).

The Seroquil may be making you feel goofy (I took it for a few days, and couldn’t stand it)….how long have you been taking it?

Finally, when are you planning to go off the Soma and Neurontin. I have never specifically taken Soma, but I have taken muscle relaxers, and they too made me feel pretty weird (almost drunk).

Ultimately, I think it is impossible to determine what exactly is making you feel bad (withdrawal, Soma, Xanax, or some combination of those) until you gradually get off of everything. Again, I STRONGLY encourage you to continue getting off all these UNDER MEDICAL SUPERVISION ….they really are dangerous, particularly in combination.

Hope you are up to reading my long missive. :wink: Respond when you have time.

Take care.

Subs Not Drugs!!!

- Zen Master Kyong Ho

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 12:57 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Just for the record....I don't care what Sugarcain spends her money on. If you read what I wrote, my concern is clearly that the blanket statements of "it worked" or "I feel better than someone else who went off at 16mg without rapid detox would" are misleading. Unintentionally, but still misleading and that was the point I was trying to make. However, I do think the rapid detox people were irresponsible with your treatment and I think it sucks they stuck you in this situation.

I think if things were to start over, I would prefer (this is just me) to hear the experience exactly as it is and as it continues to go. i.e. day 1 I was taking X,Y,Z meds and felt like X,Y,Z, and was or was not able to do A,B,C on day one. By week 2 I was taking X,Y,Z meds..........and so on. Then, followed with the stuff we are currently hearing which is that they are tapering her meds too quickly and there is rebound anxiety, etc. etc. etc. That didn't happen last time for a variety of reasons we don't need to get into, but I think those kinds of facts are the ones that truly help someone evaluate the experience and decide for themselves if it would be a good idea for them. Then, they can compare this with the other experiences with flat out jumping off at various doses of sub to slow tapering, etc. etc.

I do think that is where Sugarcain is headed based on the topic of this thread and the last response. Maybe it wasn't intentional, but the pertinent information I am referencing is the tapering of you Xanax. That is a big deal. It also sounds like you may or may not have gone off the neurontin which if you did stop it, then that would have a huge impact on how you feel also. Stopping neurontin suddenly can make you feel terrible from what I have heard. (I stopped it suddenly and couldn't really tell but started sub again at the same time and just felt plain goofy).

Anyhow, I still hope work was ok and hopefully you will let us know how it went.

Cherie

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 11:31 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Now I am at 3mgs of Xanax. That is 1 mg less than I was taking. It seems to be going well. No weird side effects. They are keeping me at that dose for a month.
I am still on Neurontin. They filled a script of Lyrica for me as well. That way I am not on the same med for too long. My fear.
I guess when I say that "I jumped off of 16mgs", it is because I did. Without the pain in the ass, feeling like shit during the weening process. Because that did happen to ME. I had a tough time weening. Not because I didn't want to.
I am taking a third of my Seroquel at night. Took no Soma today.
And drum roll please............................
I went to work today and felt awesome. I needed to get off the couch. Get my blood pumping. That low energy from PAWS can be very nagging. But working helped immensely. Wish I would have went back sooner.
I am taking Naltrexone in the morning. It is an opiate blocker. If I take any opiates I will not feel them. It doesn't help with cravings, and I haven't been craving at all. Something in me snapped awhile ago. Like my body was a rubber band and all of the elasticity went out.
I sure like this thread a LOT better than the other one. Everyone seems WAY more supportive and not so threatening. It's nice.
I know that you all mean well. But you have to remember that everyone's journey is different. And every day that goes by that I am opiate free means freedom to me. I know that it works for some of you. And I have NEVER judged anyone here for that.
As far as "letting the anger go", I was referring to my Sub Doc. I was so pissed at him. The way he misled me about the medication. The fact that I was NEVER given a Suboxone card for behind my I.D.
That was a fear of mine. Being badly injured and having an IV put in my arm only to go into full withdrawal.
Which takes me to my biggest fear. WITHDRAWAL. All opiate addicts HATE withdrawal. That is why a lot of us went on replacement therapy. To avoid withdrawal, and lead productive lives.
I wasn't living though. My zest for life was gone. Maybe I am different than a lot of you. But replacement therapy and pain management killed my mother. I didn't want to leave my daughter without hers.
Being on that high of a dose of Sub and benzo's was bad. VERY BAD. Potentially lethal.
My Dr. told me that if on Sub for three years the success rate of staying clean was 87%. Not sure where he got that #. But what I went through to get off is keeping my head clear.
I have not attended any meetings yet. I have to get back in the role as a working wife and mother. I know that my sobriety comes first. But I think I will need a bit more time before meetings come in. I have made the appointment with the other Dr. It is next Wed.
So this is where I am at now. And I am feeling a whole lot better.
Thank you, everyone, for all of your input. Even though I may not say I appreciate it, I do. I was just getting very overwhelmed with advice and accusations.
I like posting here. It is therapeutic. So another THANK YOU for allowing me onto your forum!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 12:03 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

RonnieSr79 wrote:
Its funny how people judge u for spending your "own money" when we lie cheat and steal on are loved ones. It seems like a double standard. It was your choice to spend your money on rapid detox. of course your going to bitch and moan anyone going threw withdrawl would. Your method u took mite not be the best decision but its done can't change it now. So all u can do is hang in there and try to get better day by day and I support u.

I felt that way at first too. That I was being personally attacked for my "WRONG" decision with Rapid Detox. And that everyone felt sorry for me that it didn't work. Funny thing is, it did work. It does work. I had the opportunity and I did it. I don't regret anything I did to get off of it. Just like a lot of you do not regret being on it. And I seriously thank you for your support. That is all I ever wanted when I first posted here. No lectures. Support. And understanding............

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 3:30 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

sugarcain wrote:
RonnieSr79 wrote:

I felt that way at first too. That I was being personally attacked for my "WRONG" decision with Rapid Detox. And that everyone felt sorry for me that it didn't work. Funny thing is, it did work. It does work. I had the opportunity and I did it. I don't regret anything I did to get off of it. Just like a lot of you do not regret being on it. And I seriously thank you for your support. That is all I ever wanted when I first posted here. No lectures. Support. And understanding............

Hey Sugar

I'm behind you 100% for sticking to your decision despite all the negative feedback you got here. Only you know [with research/education/information] what is right for you. You've been thru a lot both from rapid detox and the heat you've taken here. It's time to relax some and reflect back on how far you've come, and look forward to where you're going. I know RD has a bad rep and many addiction pros advise against it, but it can help if you want it too since a big part of detox is mental anyway. Most of the people here were trying to helpyou but I wonder if a few weren't envious of the opportunity you were able to take advantage of. If I did it, the money spent would be another motivator to keep me going strong. No one wants to waste money, especially if a friend helped you with part of it.

Keep up the good work!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 8:46 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

When I got back from RD, I had to call their nurse for some meds. There was a guy talking to her about Rapid Detox and flipping out. Emotional. Crying. I told her he could call me being I just got back.
I have been in contact with him every day. He is up and down with his detox, day by day. He decided not to spend his money through credit cards because he is out of work.
He contacted the man that did the HBO special on line about addiction with getting people off of opiates with Suboxone and Methadone. He was getting his Suboxone through the assistance program from the distributor of Sub being he was out of work. He asked the addictionologist that made that program if Rapid Detox worked. Guess what he said.
"It absolutely works!"
That was Dr. Nora's secretary. Richard Denisco. Google them. You will see what I mean if you are unaware of these researchers. And he said it worked. I know it worked for me. It really did. I want people to know this.
How people get off of this med, if they choose to, is different for everyone.
I really appreciate your support. And I thank you for your support and understanding. I am feeling sooo much better now that I am back to work. I feel free. And grateful...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 8:16 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

suboxdoc wrote:
But those who accept that they have a chronic illness, and who believe that their illness is as deserving of treatment of any other illness, may want to skip the drama and enjoy the freedom from obsession that buprenorphine provides.

^that is me. Precisely and to a "T"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 8:42 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I am working on my SOBRIETY with Naltrexone. A pure opiate blocker with NO opiates. I feel I made the right decision with that. Like I said, everyone deals with their ILLNESS in a different way. And more power to all of us for that......

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 8:47 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

anni52 wrote:
sugarcain wrote:
RonnieSr79 wrote:

Hey Sugar

I'm behind you 100% for sticking to your decision despite all the negative feedback you got here. Only you know [with research/education/information] what is right for you. You've been thru a lot both from rapid detox and the heat you've taken here. It's time to relax some and reflect back on how far you've come, and look forward to where you're going. I know RD has a bad rep and many addiction pros advise against it, but it can help if you want it too since a big part of detox is mental anyway. Most of the people here were trying to helpyou but I wonder if a few weren't envious of the opportunity you were able to take advantage of. If I did it, the money spent would be another motivator to keep me going strong. No one wants to waste money, especially if a friend helped you with part of it.

Keep up the good work!

Thank You!! Needed to hear that..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 10:29 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

:roll: :roll: :roll: To both of you.