It is currently Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:38 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Sick as Hell!!
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:25 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

[font=Century Gothic] [/font]
PLEASE HELP!!! :cry: I have been Completley tapered from Suboxone for over 1month. I was doing okay but Had a bad craving day today. I have read that you could take a sub if this happened after taper. I took a whole 8 mg was fine hours later took my 2nd tab, which was less then my reg. dose while on subs. Now I am so sick, threw up once, very nausous and have a horrible headache.
Did I overdsose myself? Or what.....Please help.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:57 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Yeah, sounds like you took too much. Your tolerance was probably lower because you were off for a month.

I think it's pretty hard to fatally od on Suboxone (as long as no benzos are involved) so you should be ok. Time might be the only thing that will make you feel better, but try to stay hydrated and see if you can find a position that doesn't make you want to barf (lying down, maybe?)

I know a couple of times early on in my Suboxone treatment I had my dose hit me like a ton of bricks and I felt queasy as hell - eating something usually helped with that. You probably don't want to eat right now, but if you can force something down it might help.

Suboxone peaks in your bloodstream about 2 hours after you dose, so once you're past that mark your blood levels should start falling and you'll be on your way to feeling better. Sorry I don't have any better advice for you - maybe someone else will. I do hope you feel better soon.

-Jack Kornfield

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:30 am 
New Poster
New Poster

Thanks so much "Jack', I figured I would live U just felt so rotten! Lol. I geuss next time I have cravings I will get online instead of taking more subs. Im feeling ok now just as long as I lie down & only eat ice. I felt pretty crappy when I finally jumped off but I was doing so much better. Just had a moment of.. I don't want to say weakness (because by no means do I find it weak to be on suboxone) but just a moment. Thanks again!!