It is currently Thu Aug 24, 2017 4:58 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Sick after film
PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 2:56 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Hi everyone. You all know me - Rossma.

Last Monday 10/25, I got the film. I've been on 24 mg/day of Suboxone for over a year. I started with the film and did not feel any difference, really - I had read that it was stronger, absorbs better, etc.

Yesterday I was sitting here taking my dose and about 10-15 minutes after it was gone, boy did I get sick! I was soaking wet, had cold chills, abdominal pain, nausea and vomiting. I've been laying here ever since. I vomited twice this am but it is starting to feel a little better now.

My gut feeling is that I have "OD'ed" (if you will). In other words, with the absorbtion being better, and having been on it all week, I suddenly reached a point where it was too much. OMG, did I ever feel bad!!!! I didn't take any today in case that is what is going on, in order to give myself a chance to get rid of some of it. I'll call my MD tomorrow.

Has anybody else had any experiences like this?

Thanks,
Rossma

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 4:03 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

wow sorry to hear you werent felling to well but glad to hear its getting a lil better today.

As of getting sick from the films on how much better they work no i cant say i did. BUT im not gonna sit hear and lie, on my first day of the films i wasnt haveing a good day for my pain issues on im sub for pain as well you all know anyways i had class so i didnt want to take the films till i could be at home relaxing so i took a 8mg pill in the morning and when i got home took 16 mg of films. and well lets just say that was the first time in 5 years i felt like i was high from opiates and i mean i was f$#%@! up. in a sense i didnt like it cause it brought me back to what i tryed so hard to get away from. but luckily im 4 years deep into my recovery so it wasnt a huge deal to me. but that went away the 3rd day.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 5:17 pm 
huh thats weird so you actualy got high from the film? Is your normal daily dose 16mgs? I like the tablets so I told my doc no thanks about the film, mostly because I have a fear that because I make my subs last longer than a months script that i worried they would degrade faster for some reason. I smash my pills to a fine dust and dump it under my tongue and it works so much better than tossing the pill in whole, I wonder if the film would absorb any better than the way I do it but I have my doubts.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 5:54 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Ugh, rossma, that must have been a scary experience. I hope you're feeling better and that it doesn't happen again.

-Jack Kornfield

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 8:43 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

suboxOWNED wrote:
huh thats weird so you actualy got high from the film? Is your normal daily dose 16mgs? I like the tablets so I told my doc no thanks about the film, mostly because I have a fear that because I make my subs last longer than a months script that i worried they would degrade faster for some reason. I smash my pills to a fine dust and dump it under my tongue and it works so much better than tossing the pill in whole, I wonder if the film would absorb any better than the way I do it but I have my doubts.

My normal dose is 16mg but on bad days im allowd to take up to 24mgs. As of getting high i wouldnt call it high like i did from oxys but def felt a lil messed up thats for sure. If you ask me to put it in words i couldnt i just felt the bup alot more then i ever did b4. and i was not happy about felling messed up but it was the best day ive had in a long time PAIN WISE!

oh yea rossma i hope you fell better tomm and you get use to the films real quick. and it will be just like the pills.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 8:51 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Thanks for the kind words and feedback. I would not say that I got high from it, just nauseated, vomiting, sweaty and lay-down-on-the-bed-and-stay-there SICK!

My dose is supposed to be 24 mg/day. I've always had a hard time holding onto the pills as I did not care for the taste, so I am wondering if I'm actually taking in a lot more drug with the film.

It was scary, and it happened just moments after I took my daily dose.

Anyhow I will call my MD in the am. I just wondered what everyone else's experiences with the film had been.

Thanks again,
~Rossma

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 6:23 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey rossma - Gosh I'm sorry you went through that. Being sick like that is NEVER fun. Are you feeling better today, I hope? I haven't had any trouble with the film (aside from the fact that I HATE the taste). It doesn't feel stronger to me at all and I can't "feel" my dose at all.

Let us know how you're doing.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:06 am 
Hi Rossma - I hope you're OK. How are you feeling today? Did the doctor have any insight into what it might have been? I've heard of people who were opiate naive having that kind of reacion to Sub. But having been at 24mg/day you were definately at the ceiling, so adding more bupe should not have had an adverse effect. I hope you're not getting a stomach flu. If you feel up to it, please give us an update.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 4:26 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Hi everyone -

My doctor agreed that it is possible that I am getting a lot more drug by using the film. I guess the absorption is lots better with the film. I am feeling some better today but somehow, just not like myself. I am going to start trying 16 mg/day instead of 24, and see if that will be enough.

It is easy for me to forget just how potent Suboxone is!

Thanks to everyone who took the time to answer me.

~Rossma

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 5:52 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I just wanted to say that I felt like I took much more than my regular dose the 1st few days on the film. It has subsided now especially after a month. I am on 8mgs per day. My Doc and I agreed that I shouldn't start tapering down due to life circumstances so I just "went with it". I could definitely see at 24mgs the effect would be much more potent. Good luck and I hope you find the right amount, that sounds like a terrible experience!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 2:10 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Yep, that sounds like an adverse reaction to a little too much bupe getting into your system. I've always thought 24mg was an extremely high dose as it is but if the reports that we've seen about improved absorption withe the films are true, I think a lot of people are going to have problems like this......I'm glad you're feeling better now, rossma, and my guess is you're going to do just fine on 16mg, which, for all practical purposes, is still a pretty high dose.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 3:07 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Yes, you are right Junkie - I seem to be doing just fine on the 16 mg. I was on 24 mg before because of chronic pain, but 16 mg of the film feels like 24 mg of the pills. 24 mg of the film feels like way too much! Amazing.

Post subject: Re: Sick after film
PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:10 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Yes I have been sick too I got the film on Tuesday of this week and I have been nauseous and throwing up ever since it is almost like a "dope sick" feeling. i hate it my doc says it is just where I am getting all my dose and w/ the pills it was always a toss up. I am on 3 and a quarter filme a day. My doc said to try and cut them up and take it in smaller doses throughout the day. That has helped some. My strips are 8 mg. so that is a little over 24 mg. a day that I take. Anyways I hope you feel better man. Later
rossma wrote:

Last Monday 10/25, I got the film. I've been on 24 mg/day of Suboxone for over a year. I started with the film and did not feel any difference, really - I had read that it was stronger, absorbs better, etc.

Yesterday I was sitting here taking my dose and about 10-15 minutes after it was gone, boy did I get sick! I was soaking wet, had cold chills, abdominal pain, nausea and vomiting. I've been laying here ever since. I vomited twice this am but it is starting to feel a little better now.

My gut feeling is that I have "OD'ed" (if you will). In other words, with the absorbtion being better, and having been on it all week, I suddenly reached a point where it was too much. OMG, did I ever feel bad!!!! I didn't take any today in case that is what is going on, in order to give myself a chance to get rid of some of it. I'll call my MD tomorrow.

Thanks,
Rossma
[font=Verdana] [/font] [b]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 12:25 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

suboxOWNED wrote:

I used to do that same this with the pills but it actually works better if you tuck in into your bottom lip, sorta like as if you were putting chewing tobacco there. And keep it there as long as you can.. This works the best. And the films work like that too... you can cut them up into smaller doses and do it like that. All in all I do think I liked the pills better though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 4:56 pm 
for some reason i cant do the lip thing. I know everyones mouth gets full of saliva from sub but mine gets disgusting full, when it tried the lip method it actualy started leaking out the sides of my mouth lol, disgusting. Dr. junig mentioned in another thread that some company is researching and trying to make a form of bupe called "nanobupe" and it can be swallowed. Supposedly from what i read of the tiny bit of info out there says the oral bioavailability would be around 70% if I read it right. That would be awesome, double the absorbtion rate and no more holding it in your mouth not being able to talk, swallow, etc. Oh and no more gross taste, although the taste doesnt bother me that much but some people can't stand it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 6:27 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

that would be sweet

Post subject: Re: Sick after film
PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:47 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

fallonrush wrote:
Yes I have been sick too I got the film on Tuesday of this week and I have been nauseous and throwing up ever since it is almost like a "dope sick" feeling. i hate it my doc says it is just where I am getting all my dose and w/ the pills it was always a toss up. I am on 3 and a quarter filme a day. My doc said to try and cut them up and take it in smaller doses throughout the day. That has helped some. My strips are 8 mg. so that is a little over 24 mg. a day that I take. Anyways I hope you feel better man. Later
rossma wrote:

Thanks,
Rossma
[font=Verdana] [/font] [b]

Ya know when I first started the film I got really sick too. Threw up twice. And I was at work! But I played it off as if I had eaten something bad..,, And I had actually had a TV dinner that I sorta under cooked so I thought it was true.. BUT for some reason I think these films are reacting different than the pills and could have been the culprit. I had not taken sub for two months when I first took the film so I thought it might have just been the initial shock factor, which I had felt from the pills at one point as well. Hmmm I kinda miss the pills. Sucks that they are going to stop making them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 12:14 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I too had a terrible reaction to the films but it wasn't the type of sick your describing. I got dizzy and had a terrible headache, even when I cut my dose to a quarter of a strip I still felt the adverse side effects. The pills never made me feel that way and I had to be put back on the pills even though the dr tried so hard to make me stay on strips...even when I told him the bad side effects almost made me lose my new job he still wanted me to "tough it out". I tried the strips for a month and a half and could never get used to them so back on the pills until they quit making them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 12:15 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I too had a terrible reaction to the films but it wasn't the type of sick your describing. I got dizzy and had a terrible headache, even when I cut my dose to a quarter of a strip I still felt the adverse side effects. The pills never made me feel that way and I had to be put back on the pills even though the dr tried so hard to make me stay on strips...even when I told him the bad side effects almost made me lose my new job he still wanted me to "tough it out". I tried the strips for a month and a half and could never get used to them so back on the pills until they quit making them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:54 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

i have been on the films now for about a month and i don't get sick anymore but i do however get the "nods". Everyone thinks i am high i don't feel high but everyone says i look high. i catch myself feeling incredibly sleepy and the next thing i know i am waking up in places like church and while on the computer i never did that before. i just feel different on the films i like them better i feel like i get my full dose all at once w/ the films but like i said i am very happy on the films and i like them better then the pills.