It is currently Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:53 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Should I stay at 4mg?
PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 9:49 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Well since I have decided to do this ..I need a plan or system.
I have been reading some of your story;s ..I am amazed.I will be milking you for information
and giving what I can of course,I have not had ... 1 symptom of a WD. at 4mg.Perhaps it was where I was going all weekend for 2 years without anything?
How long should I stay at 4 mg. maybe come down a little after this week?I am kind of eager to see where I am at.
Just what I am looking at here.I still need to function ....I have a good job.But I am determined to do this,I certainly have nothing against anyone that wants to stay on Sub. ..I just want to make that clear right now.Sub was a savior for me and I have nothing neg. to say about it......after Methadone WD. .....well most of you know what I am talking about.
If things were different I may even stay on it,but I would think I could not get in a program after what has happened.
I was talking to my friend at work ,He made a comment ;man I am just doing a quarter of a 8 mg. Tab. I may just quit all together.
I tried to explain to him how strong this Med. is and 2mg. is not the place you want to jump off.
He just rattled on...... I could tell he had a handful of Totem poles in him.
I tried to direct him here ,But he just hears himself,I know you guys know people like that
Oh well wish me luck ..I will be checking back tomorrow,
OH yea I need an avatar! Where do you get them?
Take care love ya ,stay safe.
Charlie

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 1:38 pm 
Hey Sweetie, stay where you feel the most comfortable, without cravings. You do know that I have read on medical sites that 8mg of Suboxone is equal to 400mg of oxycodone, so 4mg is = to about 200mg of oxy, well of course taking in to account the bioavailability and such.

Go to your Profile and you can select an avatar there, scroll down. It is the easiest. Charlie don't jump until you get down to about .25. I had read so many horror stories......

take care, robin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:29 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I am where you are at. Dont want to stay on this stuff. Want to be drug free. Read my post a day or two ago stopping suboxone. I was dosing 4 to 8 mgs a day depending on how I felt. I decided to stop and try it. 3 to 4 days was actually no big deal. Then came day 5 Not Good. Then came day 6 Freaking Horendous. Withdrawals were easily as intense and in my opinion way worse from what I remember from the oxycodone I was taking. I caved and took 4mg of suboxone. within 30 minutes I was ok. Ive learned a tough lesson as well as respect for this drug. I want off this stuff bad. I am going to de diligent on a taper program to get clear of this stuff. Today I am going to take 2 mg and maybe rotate the 2 & 4 over the next couple of weeks so I can function. Please keep posting on your results as well. I will post my progress and hopefully success as well. Thank You, MotoMonkey

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:58 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I have to again disagree with the statement above, "that 8mg of Suboxone is equal to 400mg of oxycodone, so 4mg is = to about 200mg of oxy". It's very important to note this from Dr. Junig with regard to conversion of full agonists to suboxone doses, as

Quote:
"...the problem is the non-linear kinetics of buprenorphine. You can't just extrapolate out with bupe, like you can with agonists that don't have a 'ceiling effect'.

In other words, one mg of buprenorphine is as potent as about 20 mg of methadone, 2 mg of buprenorphine is as potent as 30-40 mg of methadone, and 4 mg, 8 mg, or 24 mg of buprenorphine are all as potent as 30-40 mg of methadone! The calculator works fine as long as you use doses for buprenorphine below the 'ceiling' effect-- say down in the microgram ranges. But you cannot use those numbers to project out in a straight line-- because the potency of buprenorphine, being a 'partial agonist', doesn't follow a straight line."

It's from this site, http://suboxforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=284, where they are discussing a dosage converter.

I hope this makes things a bit clearer.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.